• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Bosa... Can we have a realistic discussion?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats are not #1 pick worthy. Some might argue that his 2018 stats are skewed because of injury.
My response... EXACTLY!

I admittedly am not a college expert, so can somebody please explain why he is the draft darling this year?

I really, really, really want the Cards to trade out of the # 1 position.

test.JPG

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another brittle Bosa bitch from a distant view. But that’s just me.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another brittle Bosa bitch from a distant view. But that’s just me.
I looked at highlights, checked stats, etc.

Sure, he can be disruptive when on the field, but I do not see him as elite. The man-crush with this guy is mind boggling.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good player, but I wouldn't spend a top 10 pick on him.

I got a bit soured on him when he decided to up and leave Ohio State halfway through the season when they had a shot at the playoffs.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at highlights, checked stats, etc.

Sure, he can be disruptive when on the field, but I do not see him as elite. The man-crush with this guy is mind boggling.

I don’t either. And fairly or not - injuries are part of his package just as they are with his brother. I can’t pay a guy who is wearing street clothes on Sundays.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got a bit soured on him when he decided to up and leave Ohio State halfway through the season when they had a shot at the playoffs.
That doesn't bother me that much. It was a serious injury so why sacrifice your lottery ticket? But I understand why it might rub people the wrong way.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats are not #1 pick worthy. Some might argue that his 2018 stats are skewed because of injury.
My response... EXACTLY!

I admittedly am not a college expert, so can somebody please explain why he is the draft darling this year?

View attachment 196019

Having watched the Chargers deal with his mother a couple of years ago, and his brothers constant injury and let down. I wouldn't take him in the top 15. Well, maybe top 15, but definitely not top 10.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is the next Clowney

and clowney wasn't worth a top 10 pick

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His high first round status is what the scouts are seeing on tape. I don't watch college ball and haven't watched most of these players play so I don't have a personal opinion about him. From what I've read I would rather take Bosa than Josh Allen. Allen is a bit concerning as a pass rusher which we really need.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is the next Clowney

and clowney wasn't worth a top 10 pick

Clowney has turned out to be a decent NFL player, but not top pick worthy, but he was an absolute beast in college.

You really never can tell with these college players. Jarvis Jones was an absolute beast at Georgia, but never amounted to anything in the NFL. Justin Houston was decent at Georgia, but has turned into a stud in the NFL.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My response... EXACTLY!

View attachment 196019

Do you think the Cardinals are going to take Bosa?

Buckeye_Tchu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17.5 sacks in 3 years when the only thing he does is rush the passer? It's a joke.

I am waiting for all the Bosa apologists to chime in.

Injuries are always a concern, but production with this guy isn't. It wasn't really 17.5 sacks in 3 seasons. He didn't play much as a true freshman, rotated with a number of other DL/DEs his sophmore year and then was injured in his third game of this season.

Guy was basically unblockable when he was on the field. He just wasn't on the field that much due to D-Line depth at OSU, Urban Meyer later-career stubbornness with playing young guys, and the injury this season.

Coming off the injury is a fair concern, but he has #1 talent without question.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Cardinals are going to take Bosa?
I hope not. They are playing everything close to the vest. There has been no chatter about what they plan on doing with the #1 pick.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney has turned out to be a decent NFL player, but not top pick worthy, but he was an absolute beast in college.

You really never can tell with these college players. Jarvis Jones was an absolute beast at Georgia, but never amounted to anything in the NFL. Justin Houston was decent at Georgia, but has turned into a stud in the NFL.

i didn't feel like clowney was a good college player. I always thought the few hits that were monster it what got him to be the first pick

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't feel like clowney was a good college player. I always thought the few hits that were monster it what got him to be the first pick

When he was motivated, he could take over a game. I was relieved when he finally left South Carolina.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are always a concern, but production with this guy isn't. It wasn't really 17.5 sacks in 3 seasons. He didn't play much as a true freshman, rotated with a number of other DL/DEs his sophmore year and then was injured in his third game of this season.

Guy was basically unblockable when he was on the field. He just wasn't on the field that much due to D-Line depth at OSU, Urban Meyer later-career stubbornness with playing young guys, and the injury this season.

Coming off the injury is a fair concern, but he has #1 talent without question.
He can be very disruptive, but playing against the o-line maulers on NFL rosters is a different story. Combine that with the injuries, which seem to run in the family, and I don't touch him in the top 10.