• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots Rumors and Rumors of Rumors 2022

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A former #1 pick that Joe Judge knows comes along? At least worth a look.
26 YO coming off an ACL, might be looking at future need?
If this happens I really think BB does what he can in the draft to address the offense. BB cannot afford to be the polar opposite of Jerry Jones, Jones tends to build heavy on offense while he defense goes mostly unchanged. He did change his toon last year I guess he woke up, so maybe BB needs to wake up and pay attention to the offense. He signed Judon last year, has McGrone and Perkins in the wings, Duggar does well IMO signing Peppers may shore things up some of D. Hunter Henry came on last year and Smith is still a talent may have struggled catching on. We all love cutsie little saying like Defense wins championships, and in BB we trust but he needs to get speed at WR he needs to draft an X IMO. I would not be surprised to see him take the best X available then OT then WR again, he likes to double down. He cant avoid the glaring weakness at WR.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this happens I really think BB does what he can in the draft to address the offense. BB cannot afford to be the polar opposite of Jerry Jones, Jones tends to build heavy on offense while he defense goes mostly unchanged. He did change his toon last year I guess he woke up, so maybe BB needs to wake up and pay attention to the offense. He signed Judon last year, has McGrone and Perkins in the wings, Duggar does well IMO signing Peppers may shore things up some of D. Hunter Henry came on last year and Smith is still a talent may have struggled catching on. We all love cutsie little saying like Defense wins championships, and in BB we trust but he needs to get speed at WR he needs to draft an X IMO. I would not be surprised to see him take the best X available then OT then WR again, he likes to double down. He cant avoid the glaring weakness at WR.
Agreed. WR definitely a need if /when a good player comes available.
Looking at a Safety does not change that. McCourty isn't getting any younger and neither is Phillips.
Peppers is strong in the box. Could help with the quicker defense needed in second level.
Not just linebackers missing tackles, Our Safety's sometimes arrived late to the party last season.

I would like Bill to concentrate on every single position!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. WR definitely a need if /when a good player comes available.
Looking at a Safety does not change that. McCourty isn't getting any younger and neither is Phillips.
Peppers is strong in the box. Could help with the quicker defense needed in second level.
Not just linebackers missing tackles, Our Safety's sometimes arrived late to the party last season.

I would like Bill to concentrate on every single position!
An infusion of speed...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been everywhere for the past week. It such a far reach that it appears to be near impossible. Which makes it very possible in this crazy NFL environment this year. Considering the fire sales that have been going on...............................

So, could a Metcalf-Patriots trade even happen?

While nothing can be ruled out this NFL offseason, people around the league reportedly believe New England would be unwilling to pay the inevitably high price to land Metcalf. Additionally, Seattle head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider recently insisted they intend to sign Metcalf to a contract extension.

Of course, they made similar claims about Russell Wilson before trading him to the Denver Broncos.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been everywhere for the past week. It such a far reach that it appears to be near impossible. Which makes it very possible in this crazy NFL environment this year. Considering the fire sales that have been going on...............................

So, could a Metcalf-Patriots trade even happen?

While nothing can be ruled out this NFL offseason, people around the league reportedly believe New England would be unwilling to pay the inevitably high price to land Metcalf. Additionally, Seattle head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider recently insisted they intend to sign Metcalf to a contract extension.

Of course, they made similar claims about Russell Wilson before trading him to the Denver Broncos.
I could be wrong, but I don't see it happening.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't tweet or twat or whatever it's called. Some guy just stopped at the house because he saw the For Sale sign but didn't see the part of it that said "Sale Pending". I'm wearing a Patriots Training Camp 2007 tee shirt and he says, "Did you hear that the Patriots and OBJ are closing in on a contract?" I laugh and tell him that April Fools was yesterday and he shows me his twitter whatever you call it. About ten tweets about OBJ and the Patriots. The contract that the Patriots are offering is $1m WITH $7.1M in incentives for 2022 according to one tweeter.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't tweet or twat or whatever it's called. Some guy just stopped at the house because he saw the For Sale sign but didn't see the part of it that said "Sale Pending". I'm wearing a Patriots Training Camp 2007 tee shirt and he says, "Did you hear that the Patriots and OBJ are closing in on a contract?" I laugh and tell him that April Fools was yesterday and he shows me his twitter whatever you call it. About ten tweets about OBJ and the Patriots. The contract that the Patriots are offering is $1m WITH $7.1M in incentives for 2022 according to one tweeter.
You know full well what Twitter is and tweets. Miss referencing tweets as twits or anything else stopped be funny in 2012.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a hilarious offer. The rumors are correct. We are talking with him.
Is it just that time of year?
Bill is playing GM to the hilt signing players to cheap contracts that have big incentives.
It is part of his plan for buying big with no money!
As you mentioned earlier, players are getting antsy.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, You know you are a twat! You are one intentionally, so don't claim innocent in this!
You need to explain that logic. For the record I know no such thing.

I think it's hilarious you are "backing BK" over such a benign comment.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to explain that logic. For the record I know no such thing.

I think it's hilarious you are "backing BK" over such a benign comment.
Not backing Ken.
You like to instigate. Sometimes it's fun banter, sometimes it is boring.
Never is it innocent! LOL

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not backing Ken.
You like to instigate. Sometimes it's fun banter, sometimes it is boring.
Never is it innocent! LOL
I called out a fraudulent post. Of course that's not an innocent comment. You may not have seen it as such, but I did. ...and it was benign.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Did you hear that the Patriots and OBJ are closing in on a contract?" I laugh and tell him that April Fools was yesterday and he shows me his twitter whatever you call it. About ten tweets about OBJ and the Patriots. The contract that the Patriots are offering is $1m WITH $7.1M in incentives for 2022 according to one tweeter.
Patriots have been talking to OBJ, he will not recover from 2nd ACL surgery until November at the earliest - if he ever does recover!
It was his 2nd ACL repair on same knee

“If I reconstruct the ACL in your knee, and you go back to sports, and three years later you pivot on a basketball court and tear it again, that subsequent surgery often does not have results equal to the original surgery,” says Rick W. Wright, MD, the MARS study’s principal investigator. “In a previous study, we found that the strongest predictor for a bad outcome after ACL surgery was whether that surgery was the initial reconstruction or a subsequent procedure.”