• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots Rumors and Rumors of Rumors 2022

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this one this morning at the Manchester Waste Disposal site.

Pete Carroll apparently is talking with BB about Jarrett Stidham. Supposedly BB turned down a 6th in 2023 and holding out for a 4th or 5th.

Can't find anything on line about it. I was getting rid of 600 pounds of crap wood, ceramic tiles and patio furniture that I'm not taking to Florida. The guy at the bin next to me was hollering to the attendant and both are Pats fans. I asked him where he heard it and he said at Planet Fitness.

The Dump and Planet Fitness are as good as any bar or Dunkin Donuts, RIGHT?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Patriot is waiting for the team to get some CAP space.

Bill only has a $1M in cap space and is trying to get some outside help to clear enough room to sign the drafted kids and add a familiar face.

So far, he's can't quite get Josh McDaniels to take Nelson Agholor back to Las Vegas but Bill did him a favor and gave him Jarrett Stidham on the cheap. Getting rid of Agholor will free up $14M in the cap and will leave Bill with plenty of money to spend.

Trey Flowers is willing to come back at a discount and is quietly waiting for whatever will develop. If things turn out exactly as Bill wants, Jadevon Clowney is also willing to take a one year look-see in Foxboro, but will elsewhere if the green is offered.

All indications are that Flowers will be here for camp. More than likely, Bill will pull a rabbit out of his hat and knock our jocks off with a big surprise in June or early July. Could Julian make a final stop at Foxboro??????

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Patriot is waiting for the team to get some CAP space.

Bill only has a $1M in cap space and is trying to get some outside help to clear enough room to sign the drafted kids and add a familiar face.

So far, he's can't quite get Josh McDaniels to take Nelson Agholor back to Las Vegas but Bill did him a favor and gave him Jarrett Stidham on the cheap. Getting rid of Agholor will free up $14M in the cap and will leave Bill with plenty of money to spend.

Trey Flowers is willing to come back at a discount and is quietly waiting for whatever will develop. If things turn out exactly as Bill wants, Jadevon Clowney is also willing to take a one year look-see in Foxboro, but will elsewhere if the green is offered.

All indications are that Flowers will be here for camp. More than likely, Bill will pull a rabbit out of his hat and knock our jocks off with a big surprise in June or early July. Could Julian make a final stop at Foxboro??????
I don't think Jadevon Clowney is doing anything but creating some demand to try and get more money elsewhere. He's always been about the money.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be shocked.

Rumors have started about trades involving N'Keal Harry, Nelson Agholor and Damien Harris already.

Word I'm hearing from up north is that Bill is looking to create some cap space and sign a couple of ex-Patriot defenders.

Josh wants Harris. To get him he might have to take Agholor.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be shocked.

Rumors have started about trades involving N'Keal Harry, Nelson Agholor and Damien Harris already.

Word I'm hearing from up north is that Bill is looking to create some cap space and sign a couple of ex-Patriot defenders.

Josh wants Harris. To get him he might have to take Agholor.
Those are less "rumors" and more "so completely obvious that anyone looking at the roster and was aware of their contracts (Harris' ending this year) would see them".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a phone call from a guy in NH who honestly didn't know that I had moved to Florida three months ago.

He's wound up tight as a tick because he's heard that three Patriots will not be Patriots by dinner tomorrow.

1. Isaih Wynn will be joining Tre Flowers in Miami. He says that heard it will be a 2nd Round pick in 2024.

2. Kendrick Bourne has been in BB's doghouse and will be running routes for the Los Angeles Rams. Nothing about what the Patriots will get in return.

3. Damien Harris will be a Seattle Seahawk. This guy says that Tyler Lockett is the guy that is coming east.

I cannot find a single rumor or whisper about any of these.!!!! So don't hold me responsible!!!

I'm just putting these out here for everyone's discussion and not to start anything I have no personal knowledge about. If anyone can find anything, anywhere, please chime in.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could only get a 5th for a pro bowl guard... there is no way we are getting a 2nd for an average at best tackle. It would be great if we did. I just don't see it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could only get a 5th for a pro bowl guard... there is no way we are getting a 2nd for an average at best tackle. It would be great if we did. I just don't see it.
Still haven't found a single mention of anything other than these three could be traded by tomorrow. Nothing about teams or offers. Just General stuff, nothing at all specific.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors started flying earlier today that the 49ers have approached JG with a contract extension if he'll redo his present contract. JG was supposedly looking at the Seattle Seahawks as potential landing spot when he refused the 49ers offer and would be cut.

Latest bling is that BB and JG have talked and BB and the 49ers are talking. Get this.........

Isaiah Wynn goes to SF. Garrapollo goes to the Patriots and then makes a hard left to Seattle and OT Jake Curhan heads to Foxboro.

Just a rumor. 49ers have said publicly that JG will be with the team in 2022.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors started flying earlier today that the 49ers have approached JG with a contract extension if he'll redo his present contract. JG was supposedly looking at the Seattle Seahawks as potential landing spot when he refused the 49ers offer and would be cut.

Latest bling is that BB and JG have talked and BB and the 49ers are talking. Get this.........

Isaiah Wynn goes to SF. Garrapollo goes to the Patriots and then makes a hard left to Seattle and OT Jake Curhan heads to Foxboro.

Just a rumor. 49ers have said publicly that JG will be with the team in 2022.
This rumoris a dud. Jimmy has already come to agreement with SF and renogotiated contract.
As long as league approves, it's a done deal.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rumoris a dud. Jimmy has already come to agreement with SF and renogotiated contract.
As long as league approves, it's a done deal.....
I heard that Seattle backed out before JG agreed to restructure from $25.5M to $7.5M. $6.5M Guaranteed. Not too much about length or others stuff. He's guaranteed to make $120M by the time this contract is complete.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Seattle backed out before JG agreed to restructure from $25.5M to $7.5M. $6.5M Guaranteed. Not too much about length or others stuff. He's guaranteed to make $120M by the time this contract is complete.
CONTRACT TERMS:1 yr(s) / $7,000,000SIGNING BONUS-AVERAGE SALARY$7,000,000GTD AT SIGN:$6,500,000TOTAL GTD:$6,500,000
This is his new contract. SF will still be listening to trade offers but JG has a no-trade clause.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this couldn't have happened but I'm pretty sure two teams discussing a trade for a player on neither of their rosters would be considered tampering. Add to it, if a team made a trade with the sole intent to profit from a second trade the first team would see that as treason then most likely no team would ever trade a player to them again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this couldn't have happened but I'm pretty sure two teams discussing a trade for a player on neither of their rosters would be considered tampering. Add to it, if a team made a trade with the sole intent to profit from a second trade the first team would see that as treason then most likely no team would ever trade a player to them again.
NFL must approve all trades / contracts.
Doubt it would allow this!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why TF are we talking about Jimmy G

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ask Ken.....
He was saying we might be ........post 109
Guess I missed that. But again I ask why TF are we talking about JImmy G? Does anyone really want to see him back in NE? Seems we are okay at QB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ask Ken.....
He was saying we might be ........post 109
I just repeat what I see or hear. JG to Seattle made a lot of sense. Especially with Russell Wilson being traded to Denver and Geno Smith becoming the starting QB for the Seahawks. The trade seemed way to good for the Seahawks and the patriots and not so good for the Niners. But if JG wouldn't redo his contract, the deal was better than cutting him loose and getting nothing. It might have been more believable if Trent Brown was heading west, but Wynn can play both sides too. Eating $11.5M is certainly better than eating $25M.

Now he's free after 2022 and most likely will end up taking the Niners back into the playoffs when the kid screws the pooch.