• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Talk 2021

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that was your assumption, lol. That's part of what I've been trying to point to you my friend. FWIW, if the Lakers were to somehow get Drummond tomorrow, he'd likely be the starter and playing more minutes over Gasol because Gasol has covid and scuttlebutt is there's some concerns with his conditioning right now. But come playoff time, like last year, Davis is gonna be the center the vast majority of the time over Gasol or whoever else. Every potential other center will be in a limited role. And what the Lakers are looking for is a center that gives them something different from Gasol for that limited role because he's fallen off a cliff defensively. Some games, Gasol might be fine. Others he won't be. And Drummond, faults and all, is still a marginal upgrade in that defensive aspect over Gasol right now

There is really only 1 team you need Drummond against and there is a good chance you don’t ever play them.

Philly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really only 1 team you need Drummond against and there is a good chance you don’t ever play them.

Philly.
Then it’s not really worth it. Embiid owns that dude.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside could help a team that will give him 18-20 minutes

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally get it. Have the whole time.

Drummond isn’t the guy you bring in for a limited role like that. Not at this stage of his career.

You risk doing more harm than good because of the ripple effect in what his acquisition would do to everyone else’s roles. Do you really think Drummond would be okay with 10 minutes 1 night and a DNP the next?
1616170479764.png

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont even pretend to know shit about Dre anymore. The fact he has no trade value to a team like...the Mavs who are soft as charmin inside blows my mind.
Not sure how he got where he is, but after only seeing him a short time I can understand why teams don't have much interest. wouldn't shock me if other players would lobby against him. That's just a guess, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His lack of trade value stems from 2 things, his contract and the fact that word got out the Cavs might buy him out. Players values tank once other teams know they can just wait and pick a guy up for free after the buyout. But back to his contract, even with it expiring, he's sitting at a big salary number. Something like 27 mil I think. Most contenders don't have pieces they can afford to give up to match the salaries up. And other teams aren't going to trade for him either because he'll be a free agent in the offseason so why trade for a guy when you aren't winning this year and the guy will probably leave anyway.

Skill wise, he could probably help quite a few teams. But he's not close to his prime and he'll only be effective in certain match ups
why did no one offer anything of value last season?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did no one offer anything of value last season?

Same reason. Price and the fact that's gonna be a free agent. Drummond isn't 27 mil type of player. He can help plenty of teams, but at that number, you're either gonna have to give up a good player to get him, which makes little sense if you're trying to get better, or a lot of pieces to get the salaries to match up. And a lot of those pieces added up will probably have long term salary, which the Cavs wouldn't want anyway.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same reason. Price and the fact that's gonna be a free agent. Drummond isn't 27 mil type of player. He can help plenty of teams, but at that number, you're either gonna have to give up a good player to get him, which makes little sense if you're trying to get better, or a lot of pieces to get the salaries to match up. And a lot of those pieces added up will probably have long term salary, which the Cavs wouldn't want anyway.
No disagreement....but not even sure a team would offer much if he was a lot less or signed longer. He can be painful to watch. So selfish.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement....but not even sure a team would offer much if he was a lot less or signed longer. He can be painful to watch. So selfish.

I'm curious if he was playing towards a deal this year. I see his fg went way down

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat need a guard desperately.

Just tried this trade on the espn trade machine.

Kelly, Precious, and Nunn for Oladipo.....it works

I would be disappointed to give up KO as the team usually plays better with him on the court but I'll pull the trigger on this one

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if he was playing towards a deal this year. I see his fg went way down
i'm not really sure, but he was so hard to watch at times. Just a black hole for the offense. I do get you watched him a lot longer than I did, though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of buzz around the insider types with the belief that Victor Oladipo is gonna be traded again between now and the deadline

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of buzz around the insider types with the belief that Victor Oladipo is gonna be traded again between now and the deadline
IIRC, the C's were demanding Oladipo in trade talks involving Gordon Hayward last offseason... this demand was one of the reasons that no deal could be reached.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, the C's were demanding Oladipo in trade talks involving Gordon Hayward last offseason... this demand was one of the reasons that no deal could be reached.
Really curious to see what bosktn would’ve been like if they took McDermott, turner and a first.

no TT signing. Not sure who they use the mle on instead.

and Indy sucks this year despite a great year from turner. so this could’ve been a really nice pick.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really curious to see what bosktn would’ve been like if they took McDermott, turner and a first.

no TT signing. Not sure who they use the mle on instead.

and Indy sucks this year despite a great year from turner. so this could’ve been a really nice pick.

They should be kicking themselves for not taking that deal.