• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name the top 5 programs that you cannot stand

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) USC had no idea that Bush was ineligible.

2.) Cheating is used to gain a competitive advantage. Had the Bush family been given impermissible benefits for Reggie to attend USC or to stay for his senior season, THAT would have been cheating. However, the Bush family was paid so that Reggie would leave early and sign with a particular agent.

What competitive advantage did USC get from Bush leaving early?

Petey knew, you're a homer if you say he didn't. Many people on the team knew as well.

They had lived in that house for a while. Wish I had it like that, as many other people, Reggie did and that is against the rules...via the NC2A. Unfortunately for USC, they make the rules. Unfortunately for USC fans, those rules were broke.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC curbstomping ND started before Reggie Bush and continued after he left. As I pointed out in a previous post, USC has won 9 of the last 12 vs. ND. Reggie Bush was on the team for 3. What is your excuse for the other 6?

Notre Dame has won three of the last four, do you see how this works? We can go back and forth with it all day...not sure I'll be around that long though.

No excuse for the other six, USC was probably better than ND...then, whenever that was.

What was your excuse for losing 12 in a row from '83 - '95, one tie? But that was years ago, same as what you refer to...who gives two shits is kind of what I'm asking?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People cheat to gain a competive advantage, this is why people cheat...not for shits and giggles. How are you on sanctions if the NCAA completely ignored it...then who would have handed down these sanctions?

"Dumb down the penalty"...don't work nor make decisions for the NCAA so can't speak for them. But sure enough they had a motive to stick it to USC...smh, you are definitely on to something there.

Let me ask you this, why was USC put on sanctions? Couldn't be because they cheated, could it?

Florida had nearly the entire team paid by Tank Black, the NCAA helped throw Black in Jail for extortion but gave Florida no sanctions.

What advantage did USC gain by having a player who was already there take money to leave school early?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petey knew, you're a homer if you say he didn't. Many people on the team knew as well.

They had lived in that house for a while. Wish I had it like that, as many other people, Reggie did and that is against the rules...via the NC2A. Unfortunately for USC, they make the rules. Unfortunately for USC fans, those rules were broke.

Actually, not only did Pete NOT know, he was never even mentioned or accused by the NCAA of knowing. He also cooperated with the NCAA after he left to coach the Seahawks even though he didn't have to. The only person at USC that was ever accused of knowing was Running Backs Coach Todd McNair, who is about to win an anti-defamation lawsuit vs. the NCAA.

Also, the Bush families contact with the agent and the payments was determined by the NCAA to have started at the end of Bush's sophomore year and they are believed to have moved into the house during his junior year (after which, he left USC). So no, they had not been there for "a while".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what competitive advantage did USC gain by having a player who was already there paid to leave with a year of eligibility left? If it was a competitive advantage why had the NCAA completely ignored it when other schools were caught before SC? And why have they dumbed down the penalty so much since that schools with far more coach involvement have received less than half of the penalty. Missy Conboy saw a chance to go after her schools biggest rival and made certain that they were crippled to the point where ND could beat them.

Says a lot about the character and moral fiber of Notre Dame. Too bad she didn't have the integrity of the University of Washington representative who recused himself from the penalty phase because of the obvious conflict of interest.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, talk about "not bringing a lot to the table". You didn't even come close to answering the question.

Let's try again: What competitive advantage did USC gain from Bush being paid to leave early?

They played with a player who was ineligible...that is how. Why play Bush then, in any of the games, if not to gain a competive advantage...while he was ineligible?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame has won three of the last four, do you see how this works? We can go back and forth with it all day...not sure I'll be around that long though.

No excuse for the other six, USC was probably better than ND...then, whenever that was.

What was your excuse for losing 12 in a row from '83 - '95, one tie? But that was years ago, same as what you refer to...who gives two shits is kind of what I'm asking?

The previous 12 were obvious. Notre Dame was a better team those years. It's like John Robinson said after his first game vs. ND when he came back and coached at USC the 2nd time:

After seeing that Notre Dame was bigger and faster than USC at virtually every position, he said: "We need to get guys like that".

So, unlike ND fans, no excuses. Notre Dame was just better.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida had nearly the entire team paid by Tank Black, the NCAA helped throw Black in Jail for extortion but gave Florida no sanctions.

What advantage did USC gain by having a player who was already there take money to leave school early?

Why Play him then, as I've asked? He was not eligible to play, yet he did. Let me see...playing the heisman winner who was not eligible to play doesn't give a competive advantage?...hmmm, ok then.

Shit, EG didn't even play this year cause he couldn't keep his off the other person's paper...but Bush's family gets a house? And only USC fans see no issue with it?

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previous 12 were obvious. Notre Dame was a better team those years. It's like John Robinson said after his first game vs. ND when he came back and coached at USC the 2nd time:

After seeing that Notre Dame was bigger and faster than USC at virtually every position, he said: "We need to get guys like that".

So, unlike ND fans, no excuses. Notre Dame was just better.

Ummm...yeah, ok.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean in the period of time when you were caught for cheating?

Take away the cheating, and we dominate USC.
Just look at the overall record, and what has happened the last 4 season.

Has nothing to do with nothing, at all. USC cheated to beat ND and many other programs, got caught and punished. Now the punishment is used as an excuse for ND taking back the competive advantage. But had USC not cheated, that competive advantage may have never swung back to USC's favor in the first place.

Are you hanging your hat on the wins where USC was cheating? Wouldn't you rather beat ND without having to cheat?

Yep, just like I said..................excuses!!

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What competitive advantage did USC get from Bush leaving early?

They didn't have to vacate all the wins the season after he left.

Also, cheating is simply violating accepted standards or rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny but wasn't the whole " I didn't know " the excuse Lou Holtz gave for not know about the thousands spent on players while he was there by a ND booster? In that case the players were getting beniftits by a ND booster a thank yous and Reggie was getting money so he would leave early. So which one "benefits" the team more? Coincidence that was the last time ND won a championship?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try dodging the fact that Notre Dame has won 3 of the last 4.

Dodgeing? You mean where I wrote "yes you've won three out of the last four? LOL
Speaking of dodgeing . How anout that Bowl question. Nice try. :laugh3:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny but wasn't the whole " I didn't know " the excuse Lou Holtz gave for not know about the thousands spent on players while he was there by a ND booster? In that case the players were getting beniftits by a ND booster a thank yous and Reggie was getting money so he would leave early. So which one "benefits" the team more? Coincidence that was the last time ND won a championship?

What this has to do with the claim that Carroll knew, we ourselves may never know.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with nothing, at all. USC cheated to beat ND and many other programs, got caught and punished. Now the punishment is used as an excuse for ND taking back the competive advantage. But had USC not cheated, that competive advantage may have never swung back to USC's favor in the first place.

You mean like when USC stomped Notre Dame whith JD booty and Mark Sanchez after Bush was gone. You mean then? LOL. :laugh3:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol@ USC fans making it out like Reggie Bush was the only player bought and paid for.

Let's get real

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both M State games played in Oregon against OSU were played in Portland, Oregon I believe and NOT in the town where the Beavers regularly play...Corvallis. Trivia Q I spose, but true none the less.
:suds:

3 games have been played against Oregon State in the state of Oregon. One was a true home game for Oregon State, the game in 1948, was at the stadium where OrSU regularly plays their home games at that time Bell Field.

The more you know.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this has to do with the claim that Carroll knew, we ourselves may never know.

After five years of investigating and a hard on for the program the NCAA still couldn't find anything that pointed to Pete knowing. Hence " should have known" . After a much shorter investigation back when you didn;t have the tools to snoop like they do now Lou was also given the "should have known". But ND fans tell you Pete cheated and knew but Lou , well he didn't know. A little hypocrisy there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have to vacate all the wins the season after he left.

Also, cheating is simply violating accepted standards or rules.

No violating standards or rules is breaking the rules, it is not necessarily cheating. You can violate a rule or standard without cheating, but you cannot cheat without breaking a rule or standard.

Definition of cheating:

"Cheat" redirects here. For other uses, see Cheat (disambiguation).
Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. This broad definition will necessarily include acts of bribery, cronyism, sleaze, nepotism and any situation where individuals are given preference using inappropriate criteria.