• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name the top 5 programs that you cannot stand

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to beat USC's ass again this season

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No violating standards or rules is breaking the rules, it is not necessarily cheating. You can violate a rule or standard without cheating, but you cannot cheat without breaking a rule or standard.

Definition of cheating:

"Cheat" redirects here. For other uses, see Cheat (disambiguation).
Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. This broad definition will necessarily include acts of bribery, cronyism, sleaze, nepotism and any situation where individuals are given preference using inappropriate criteria.

It's just weird that by breaking the rules (ineligible player) they kept one of the greatest players of the BCS era on the field. I guess that's not cheating though.

Last edited by a moderator:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, good post...you raise some nice topics. But...

...nobody is saying 3 or 4th string QB and yes we were fortunate enough to have a BACKUP with plenty of experience. EG was our starter in 2012, would have been the starter in 2013 but couldn't play...therefore our backup, Change Up Tommy, started every game for the Irish in 2013. ND beat USC this year, with it's back up QB. Beat very good MSU and ASU teams as well...bad losses to pitt and SCum.

USC did finish higher ranked in the year they lost to ND's backup QB (18 vs 19 in the AP), as did ASU (depending on what poll you look at)...but barely, yet we beat them both. When ranking the 18th and 19th best team in the country is pretty much like splitting hairs...would you agree?

wow you really need to read posts from your fellow ND fans. Many give you that spin. Not a few many. Yes the ranking 18 th or 19th or 20th are interchangeable but they didn't finish higher . But USC was slammed for being "pre season #1" in 2011 and finishing unranked a low point and ND was in the NC game. So take out the low and the high from both schools and ND hasn't pulled away from USC despite USC being undermanned. Heck USC played a walk on at WR against ND and played 13 on defense a couple games. The fact that they finished close is a win for USC all things considered.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol@ USC fans making it out like Reggie Bush was the only player bought and paid for.

Let's get real

Yes, let's. In an era where it seems like every other month some former players are coming out of the woodwork and claiming they and/or others were paid for their play, not one USC player has come out and said anything.

If you really want to get real, please provide a link that shows where players at USC were "bought and paid for".

:lol: at ND fans trying to make themselves feel better about their own irrelevance.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, let's. In an era where it seems like every other month some former players are coming out of the woodwork and claiming they and/or others were paid for their play, not one USC player has come out and said anything.

If you really want to get real, please provide a link that shows where players at USC were "bought and paid for".

:lol: at ND fans trying to make themselves feel better about their own irrelevance.

We can go back and forth all day.

Fact is, we've taken 3 of the last 4 lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just weird that by breaking the rules they kept one of the greatest players of the BCS era on the field. I guess that's not cheating though.

If someone knows the player is ineligible BEFORE the game then it's cheating if after the fact you find that the player shouldn't have played then by all means take the win away. But sorry it's not "cheating" . The fact that USC was beating ND Before Bush and beat ND even worse AFTER Bush left makes it hilarious that ND fans want to cling to that .

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol@ losing to Tommy Rees/Hendrix

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can go back and forth all day.

Fact is, we've taken 3 of the last 4 lol

Still waiting for a list those big boy bowl wins during the BCS era. Or is a regular season win against USC your "bowl". LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just weird that by breaking the rules (inelgible player) they kept one of the greatest players of the BCS era on the field. I guess that's not cheating though.

Again, USC had no idea that we were using an ineligible player. The kid was being paid to leave early. Why would USC participate in that?

If USC had known what was happening with the Bush family, it would have been in their best interest to report it to the NCAA to avoid penalties and possibly save Bush's eligibility or part of it. So this theory that you Domers are desperately clinging to defies logic.

So no, it was not cheating on USC's part, no matter how loosely you want to define it.

If USC was going to "cheat", it would have made a lot more sense to get a booster to pay him to stay for his senior year to play in a 3rd straight NCG.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45-35-5 Irish lead the series

Moron

Yeah, ND has the overall, no doubt. The rivalry has always had it's streaks. ND went 12-0-1, USC went something like 8-0 and now ND has had the last 2.

No doubt the trend of streaks will continue. Here's hoping that your current one ends at 2.:suds:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, USC had no idea that we were using an ineligible player. The kid was being paid to leave early. Why would USC participate in that?

If USC had known what was happening with the Bush family, it would have been in their best interest to report it to the NCAA to avoid penalties and possibly save Bush's eligibility or part of it. So this theory that you Domers are desperately clinging to defies logic.

So no, it was not cheating on USC's part, no matter how loosely you want to define it.

If USC was going to "cheat", it would have made a lot more sense to get a booster to pay him to stay for his senior year to play in a 3rd straight NCG.

Bush and his family received nearly $300k in gifts and cash, no one knew. Did they also not know about the head basketball coach's actions around the same time? I mean, what was everyone doing?

:lol:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush and his family received nearly $300k in gifts and cash, no one knew. Did they also not know about the head basketball coach's actions around the same time? I mean, what was everyone doing?

Head-in-sand.jpg

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ND has the overall, no doubt. The rivalry has always had it's streaks. ND went 12-0-1, USC went something like 8-0 and now ND has had the last 2.

No doubt the trend of streaks will continue. Here's hoping that your current one ends at 2.:suds:

I was referring to that 62 year old idiot Wallace.

USC kicked our ass every year when I was growing up, which is why this current streak feels so god damn good.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol@ USC fans making it out like Reggie Bush was the only player bought and paid for.

Let's get real

Why don't you get real and give an example considering Reggie was getting money TO LEAVE not got there or stay there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize that the largest chunk of that was the house and travel for his parents, right? It's not like he was showing up on campus with all kinds of expensive stuff that he couldn't explain where it came from. Even the car that he was supposedly given, was a POS by USC student standards and was not outside the means of his family. We're not talking about some dirt, poor family that suddenly had toys and cash. Additionally, ALL of it happened in San Diego which is approximately 3 1/2 hours from USC.

In fact, when interviewed the agent said: "Everything was done behind closed doors, away from campus. We knew it had to be that way because Reggie could get in trouble".

Literally, the only way for USC to know, would have been to hire a private investigator to follow his family around.

What does basketball have to do with it? This is about the football program. Nice try at deflecting though. It shows that you're reduced to grasping at straws.

Since you brought it up though, what the basketball coach did was actually much worse (according to the NCAA) because it involved a coach allegedly paying a player directly. Yet, the punishment on the basketball program was basically a slap on the wrist.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like when seven Notre dame players were implicated in the Km Dunbar booster scandal? Or the players who got popped with steroids? What was Lou Holtz and staff doing?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to that 62 year old idiot Wallace.

USC kicked our ass every year when I was growing up, which is why this current streak feels so god damn good.

I know. I was backing up your point about the overall. Believe me, I understand why your current streak feels good. I have been a die-hard USC fan since I was 8 (43 years ago) and suffered through ND's 12-0-1 streak.

What really made that streak bad was that I had an uncle who was an ND fan and I think I watched all but about 3 of those games with him!!:lol:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45-35-5 Irish lead the series

Moron

How about the modern era or at least when players wernt using leather helmets and playing local community colleges ( SEC still doing that)

since 1950 ND 31 wins , USC 29
since 1960 USC 26 wins , ND 23 wins
since 1980- ND- 19 wins, USC 15
since the 90s- USC 12 wins . ND 11
since the 2000s USC 8 wins. ND 5

pretty close