• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat to retire Shaq's jersey on Dec. 22

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Shaq, but wassup with the Heat doing it against the Lakers? Are they being petty?

At the end of the day, Shaq will always be a Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Shaq, but wassup with the Heat doing it against the Lakers? Are they being petty?

Doubt it's anything petty. Probably more about scheduling (both the Heat and Shaq) and just a coincidence. Plus, it's not like there's anyone left on the team who actually played with Shaq (other than Luke being the coach).

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it's anything petty. Probably more about scheduling (both the Heat and Shaq) and just a coincidence. Plus, it's not like there's anyone left on the team who actually played with Shaq (other than Luke being the coach).

Yeah you're right, but don't forget Shaw and Mad Dog.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're right, but don't forget Shaw and Mad Dog.

:L How could I forget those 2? Especially Mad Dog and his awesome dancing skills.

uvH1S7.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i read soemthing about it being a jab at the Lakers---

why would they retire Shaqs jersey? how many years did he play tehere? 3? lol.....

they retired MJ's number too for some reason......God- you just KNOW they will retire LeBron's 6 at some point too...gag me with a wooden spoon.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why would they retire Shaqs jersey? how many years did he play tehere? 3? lol.....

they retired MJ's number too for some reason......God- you just KNOW they will retire LeBron's 6 at some point too...gag me with a wooden spoon.

He played here for 3 years and started the turn around for the franchise and was a major reason they won their title in 2006.

I don't see anything wrong with retiring his jersey or Lebron.

My god you just fine everything wrong with this franchise

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another stellar post by the biggest fucking moron on tHoop.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, played there 3 seasons and he gets his # retired.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually 4. I didn't know it was mandatory that you play X amount of years to have your number retired. I thought it was about what you accomplish in your time with that franchise? Guess I'm the idiot.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah what a joke....i cant wait to vomit when they retire LeBron's number some day---- though i guess he did get them 2 titles-

its like really though? retiring MJ's number, and now Shaq's number? its such a joke.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah what a joke....i cant wait to vomit when they retire LeBron's number some day---- though i guess he did get them 2 titles-

its like really though? retiring MJ's number, and now Shaq's number? its such a joke.

The only joke here is you. We get it, you don't like the Heat. Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up about it.

Dickhead!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually 4. I didn't know it was mandatory that you play X amount of years to have your number retired. I thought it was about what you accomplish in your time with that franchise? Guess I'm the idiot.
you dont even have to play for the franchise at all- MJ sure didnt and the Heat retired his jersey....

maybe they can retire Peyton Manning's jersey someday. LOL. or better yet- Dan Marino! at least he was a Florida guy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to the Big Fella!

Orlando should really retire #32 too

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comparing MJ to Shaq is apple and oranges. I don't agree with the MJ number retirement but unlike MJ, Shaq actually played in Miami for a few years and won a title here. Comparing the 2 is just dumb

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde: Retiring Shaq's number means Pat Riley is at peace with The Big Phony

from the sun sentinel....lol....

If you wonder whether time heals all big, open, festering, privately humiliating and publicly bubbling wounds, the Heat announced Tuesday they're retiring Shaquille O'Neal's jersey number.

Pardon me while I ice skate in hell.

This isn't just a jaw-dropper of Shaq-illian proportions. It's also a fine thing to do. It's even a sign that Heat president Pat Riley is tying up loose ends in his affairs to the point of overlooking yesterday's ugly details

Shaq played here just 3 1/2 years, and if that's too short a time for you, so be it. But they were a seismic 3 1/2 years. And they can't be told only with happy stories like his entering town on a semi-truck with squirt guns blazing, selling out the arena, hoisting the trophy and making the Heat relevant like they'd never been.

The full truth about Shaq is messier. It explains what a doozy of a decision it is to hang No. 32 from the rafters in a ceremony next season. Remember what the Heat did with Shaq's jersey number after he left town?

They gave it to the immortal Mickell Gladness. That said everything you needed to know about that relationship at the time.

There are some fundamental rules for athletes, starting with never quitting on your team and always acting like a pro, and Shaq was guilty of each of those in a way that scars his Heat legacy.

Where do you want to start? With his saying he couldn't play in a game due to injury and then challenging teammates to fun wrestling matches in the locker room? With his refusing to practice to the point he nearly came to blows with Riley (talk about going out of your weight class, Pat).

LeBron James got David Blatt fired in Cleveland? Shaq undercut Riley's hand-picked coaching disciple, Stan Van Gundy, to the point Van Gundy invoked a Shaq-or-me clause.

Riley was no dummy. He knew who sold tickets and won games. That led to the oddest news conference in Heat history, with Van Gundy looking freed upon leaving, Riley near tears at coaching again and everyone nationally ripping Riley for forcing out Van Gundy.

Shaq, The Big Phony, was behind it all. But give him his due. He wanted to be coached by a proven commodity, one champion to another. That led to the magical run through the spring of 2006 to the Heat's first title.