• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

21-22 Season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting close to go time. Let's hope all of the older guys being brought to an already older team make it through the year. They better not play these vets over guys like Wahlstrom. That killed them last year in the playoffs. Absolutely love the Chara signing. Maybe it was just the games against the Islanders but I thought he played really well last year and this will be a much better fit for him to play in at this point of his career because of the more conservative system. He won't be asked to do too much or to play a ton of minutes.

Will be interesting to see how they set up their lines. Looks like Palmieri on the top line. I wanted to see some of Wahlstrom there as I feel a sniper is a better fit to let Lee crash and Barzal do his thing. Plus it would set up a grinder "P" line (Palmieiri, Pageau and Parise) that could also score to go with the "Killer B's" (Beauvillier, Brock and Bailey)

Biggest issue is I'm not sure they have done enough to try and improve the power play. Lee back helps of course but I was really hoping to add a top end point man or forward. I'm hoping they can move a couple of spare parts and free up some cap space. A guy like Komarov can help some teams by playing checking line minutes but also killing penalties. Maybe they can move him and/or Panik without having to eat salary by the trade deadline if the season is going well at that point and pick up a top player

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Lou just works his magic with these deals. Obviosuly years 6-8 could be an issue but who knows what the cap is by then. He locked up a top D pairing in Pelech/Pulock for way less than market value. He also tip-toed the rules to max out Boychuk's LTIR money and will likely be adding a piece at the trade deadline after all of the moves (cuts, trades, etc) are done. The downside is you know he's going to throw in that #1 pick next year to get a player, so this team hopefully will have some success in the short run.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get well & stay strong, Mike.