• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to NY to visit their old pals Rougie and Joey: 9/20-22

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t mean Arihara or Folty
I mean someone of value from our deep pitching depth. Especially if we sign 2 SP. We would have room to deal a guy for a catcher which isn’t on the FA market really.

Like Otto, Allard, Yerry, Ronny I’m sure it would need to be a 3(us) for 2(Royals) swap to make it work out evenly.

Otto, Solak or Yonny(Royals like guys like this) and Ian Moller (recently drafted catcher that is about 2-3 years away, perfect for the timing to replace Salvador Perez as everyday catcher(potentially))
If not Ian Moller then another guy they like that fits their teams needs.

For

MJ Melendez(#5 prospect)
And a guy like Darryl Collins who might be someone in 2-3 years. Showing a good eye at the plate and power starting to develop. Only just finished his age 19 season.

[/QUOTE]
They would say the same though. They would want to trade their surplus for our good prospects.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we must do. Decide what year we are shooting for to be in contention. Could be we are putting the cart before the horse. Is it necessary we run out and sign 2,3,or 4 FA if 2024 is our goal. 2022 is still time to examine players before making any sudden decisions. Good chance Lowe or IKF might work out. I am being a little conservative based on time at hand and how much that is before we start signing big contracts. If we have time, let's keep looking at what we have. If not, let's act.

The year probably is 2023
However, we need to give these guys a fighting chance to be part of a winning, talented team. I’m not saying sign 7 bats and 4 pitchers but we do need a few legit players to help the overall team. Hitters need protection and pitchers need to not feel like it’s all on them.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year probably is 2023
However, we need to give these guys a fighting chance to be part of a winning, talented team. I’m not saying sign 7 bats and 4 pitchers but we do need a few legit players to help the overall team. Hitters need protection and pitchers need to not feel like it’s all on them.
It is all about timing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we must do. Decide what year we are shooting for to be in contention. Could be we are putting the cart before the horse. Is it necessary we run out and sign 2,3,or 4 FA if 2024 is our goal. 2022 is still time to examine players before making any sudden decisions. Good chance Lowe or IKF might work out. I am being a little conservative based on time at hand and how much that is before we start signing big contracts. If we have time, let's keep looking at what we have. If not, let's act.
We should begin to acquire this year in a very limited basis. We don't need all of the acquisitions this year though. 2024 is my goal to be a serious contender and make a deep playoff run. Maybe a WC in 2023, but a WC is not a good goal in itself.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibanez and Solak can both play several positions. They are very versatile.

There is room for all three next year. It is the year after next when they could be squeezed out.
Of the 3 Calhoun is the most likely casualty of this off-season

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would say the same though. They would want to trade their surplus for our good prospects.
[/QUOTE]

Their catcher I want is a surplus.
They also need pitching.

I would trade just about anyone for Melendez just wouldnt take away from our top 3 bc that wouldn’t happen anyway.

With Salvador Perez in tow for quite awhile I’m sure Melendez could be acquired for the right price.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should begin to acquire this year in a very limited basis. We don't need all of the acquisitions this year though. 2024 is my goal to be a serious contender and make a deep playoff run. Maybe a WC in 2023, but a WC is not a good goal in itself.
A good goal is to get over .500 and then a WC spot and then a spot in the WS etc. we can not just go from the cellar to the WS

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can win 90 games next year if the front office makes the right moves.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good goal is to get over .500 and then a WC spot and then a spot in the WS etc. we can not just go from the cellar to the WS
Good point. That is what I said earlier about what year we think to be contending.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell that to the 1991 Atlanta Braves after their 1990 season lol

Or the 2013 Redsox after their 2012 season.

The team has been losing games on purpose by default. Running out a team of players just trying to latch on. The right move no doubt. But once we get some of the holes filled while retaining some depth we can play slightly above .500 ball the first 2 months then make the necessary adjustments and play well above .500 baseball the last 4 months and finish strong.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Free Agents and Player-obtain-thru-trade are you guys looking to get? I thought we were talking 2 maybe 3 but y’all are talking 2 OF’ers, catcher, SS, 3B, SP’ers, etc.

I thought the ideal was to sign a couple or so and use the other 23 or 24 spots to see what the prospects can do
SS, C, OFer, and SP

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They also need pitching.

I would trade just about anyone for Melendez just wouldnt take away from our top 3 bc that wouldn’t happen anyway.

With Salvador Perez in tow for quite awhile I’m sure Melendez could be acquired for the right price.
[/QUOTE]
The "right price" is the part that is an unknown right now.

I am just saying there is another side that values Melendez, just the same as we would value Jung, Foscue and Winn should a team come calling.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also need pitching.

I am just saying there is another side that values Melendez, just the same as we would value Jung, Foscue and Winn should a team come calling.
[/QUOTE]

I would trade Foscue or Josh Smith for him.

Winn and Jung are a little higher up than Melendez.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would trade Foscue or Josh Smith for him.

Winn and Melendez are very close according to MLB Pipeline.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it cost Cole Winn I’d say no.
Theres got to be a good catcher out there somewhere we can get for a good price.
I’ve listed a few already. Offer some packages and see who bites. Fill the void w/ FA

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck of a DP. A shame our SS can' hit with power.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would your opinion be with SS-FA 3rd-Jung 2nd- IKF ?
Seems like a very good up the middle IF.
I really want to keep IKF for his ability to get wood on the bat. Leading off or 2 hole is ideal in his case.
More to be done but not a bad start. How about your thought.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would your opinion be with SS-FA 3rd-Jung 2nd- IKF ?
Seems like a very good up the middle IF.
I really want to keep IKF for his ability to get wood on the bat. Leading off or 2 hole is ideal in his case.
More to be done but not a bad start. How about your thought.

Not a bad idea. But a lot of IKFs value lies in his glove. Ibanez is probably more likely to out perform IKF at 2B due to lack of defense needed there. I would roll with Ibanez/Solak/Yonny at 2B till Foscue/Josh Smith/Duran is ready.

I would trade IKF in a package for a need like C or SP if we acquire one of the big SS