• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to NY to visit their old pals Rougie and Joey: 9/20-22

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final road trip of 2021 starts today with a visit to the Bronx. Getting closer to the end of baseball season is an absolute bummer, I don't care how they play. Looking forward to the return of the Crawler to the conversation as his favorite player Odor faces off against the the good guys from Arlington. Toeing the rubber for them this series will be what is likely 60% of the rotation for 2022 - Alexy, Dunning, and Hearn. Alexy looks to rebound from the worst game of his MLB career, Dunning looks to get back into pre-IL form, and Hearn looks to maintain consistency. The Yankees are fighting for a postseason spot and have been playing like shit recently.

On the offense side, El Bombi looks like he's running on fumes at this point. IKF is the epitome of "stat collecting" when it comes to hits. I'm guessing this series goes 1-2 in favor of the Yanks.

Rangers currently in 3rd place, with PIT still a game behind. Pirates are on the road at WKRP. Best case scenario is the Rangers gain a game on them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final road trip of 2021 starts today with a visit to the Bronx. Getting closer to the end of baseball season is an absolute bummer, I don't care how they play. Looking forward to the return of the Crawler to the conversation as his favorite player Odor faces off against the the good guys from Arlington. Toeing the rubber for them this series will be what is likely 60% of the rotation for 2022 - Alexy, Dunning, and Hearn. Alexy looks to rebound from the worst game of his MLB career, Dunning looks to get back into pre-IL form, and Hearn looks to maintain consistency. The Yankees are fighting for a postseason spot and have been playing like shit recently.

On the offense side, El Bombi looks like he's running on fumes at this point. IKF is the epitome of "stat collecting" when it comes to hits. I'm guessing this series goes 1-2 in favor of the Yanks.

Rangers currently in 3rd place, with PIT still a game behind. Pirates are on the road at WKRP. Best case scenario is the Rangers gain a game on them.
Team needs base runners so having IKF is one of the few who gets on

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet Odor and Gallo will be swinging for downtown Manhattan.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they give King a chance to start next year. He could pitch in AAA and come up occasionally when they want to limit some of our starters innings. We could use 2 or 3 guys like that at AAA if we go with a rotation of 5 young guys next year. It would work like a 7 or 8 man rotation where guys are occasionally sent down or DLed to limit overall innings.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it not time to shut down some of our starters yet?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they give King a chance to start next year. He could pitch in AAA and come up occasionally when they want to limit some of our starters innings. We could use 2 or 3 guys like that at AAA if we go with a rotation of 5 young guys next year. It would work like a 7 or 8 man rotation where guys are occasionally sent down or DLed to limit overall innings.
can't just DL players for that purpose

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it not time to shut down some of our starters yet?
I would imagine innings will be limited from here in out. Maybe not for Alexy though. He is behind the others in innings.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably on pitch counts. Also this is why they didn't DFA Folty.
But that is why I thought they might keep Arihara for the season. But yes makes sense. They are more into limiting the counts versus complete shutdown