• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Locked in Rangers invade the Sewer in Oakland 04/22-04/24

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that as well in regards to consistent playing time. So good point. But in raw power and Odor's improvement last year on defense that to me gives him the edge regardless. But as many on here feel I do hate to completely shut Santana out while he is on a roll.
I would love to have a guy like Santana on our bench when we are ready to compete again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's sum it up like this. How about putting a player at 2B who can play at a consistent level like Elvis Cabrera IKF Mathis etc. instead of up now and down tomorrow regardless of name.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's sum it up like this. How about putting a player at 2B who can play at a consistent level like Elvis Cabrera IKF Mathis etc. instead of up now and down tomorrow regardless of name.

We are going to have to play better at 2B CF 3B RF 1B and of course pitching to compete at a high level. Of course we hope all those develop and we may need to replace a few so I am not going to hang all our woes on Odor to make him the whipping boy or trash the FO as playing favorites until we have a legitimate chance to compete. Until let them develop. Just not going to assume or judge the worst without legitimate data. I will think the best until proven otherwise.

Still opinions on this board are fine by me. Love my Rangers

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have to play better at 2B CF 3B RF 1B and of course pitching to compete at a high level. Of course we hope all those develop and we may need to replace a few so I am not going to hang all our woes on Odor to make him the whipping boy or trash the FO as playing favorites until we have a legitimate chance to compete. Until let them develop. Just not going to assume or judge the worst without legitimate data. I will think the best until proven otherwise.

I think a lot of other organizations would’ve been more strict with odor. I’m not saying we should make him a sunk cost just yet or never play him again, I just wish he has to earn what he gets in regard to playing time like seemingly every other major league player.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Santana nor anyone else will unseat Odor for at least this season and next and more than likely, not for the remainder of his contract. Like it or not, JD and company are married to the idea of him starting.

I am not saying Santana is any kind of longterm answer at 2B. I am not sure about that at all. When comparing him to Odor one thing that needs to be considered is that Odor has always had the chance to play every day, and Santana was only afforded that opportunity in his first season when he hit very well. Odor always gets the opportunity to work himself out of prolonged slumps no matter how long or how deep they are. I wonder what Santana's numbers would look like had he been given that opportunity.

It’s entirely possible that Santana could be a late developer like Nelson Cruz.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will think the best until proven otherwise.

"Unti proven otherwise" Therein lies the difference between the various opinions. To some proof is 300 AB or 100 IP. With others proof is 1000 AB or 300 IP. With some proof equals the Rangers releasing or trading a player. We really don't have too many differences about how we currently judge a player. The difference is when enough is enough and if we allow ourselves to differ from Rangers management's opinion or not.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s entirely possible that Santana could be a late developer like Nelson Cruz.
He showed a tremendous amount of development his first year though.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of other organizations would’ve been more strict with odor. I’m not saying we should make him a sunk cost just yet or never play him again, I just wish he has to earn what he gets in regard to playing time like seemingly every other major league player.

Yes I probably do have a longer leash than some on this board but after this year the position can be opened up to all competitors and let the best man win

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Unti proven otherwise" Therein lies the difference between the various opinions. To some proof is 300 AB or 100 IP. With others proof is 1000 AB or 300 IP. With some proof equals the Rangers releasing or trading a player. We really don't have too many differences about how we currently judge a player. The difference is when enough is enough and if we allow ourselves to differ from Rangers management's opinion or not.

Valid point

Odor has had about 2000 ABs and Gallo 1000

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I probably do have a longer leash than some on this board but after this year the position can be opened up to all competitors and let the best man win

The same could be done now. Santana has played very well. If Odor can come back and play well so be it. If not, Santana should be given the chance over a reasonable amount of time. Odor has had plenty of time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same could be done now. Santana has played very well. If Odor can come back and play well so be it. If not, Santana should be given the chance over a reasonable amount of time. Odor has had plenty of time.
I think management starts their clock over every time Odor get hot for 6 weeks. Thus, he never runs out of time with management.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new thread is up.