• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Locked in Rangers invade the Sewer in Oakland 04/22-04/24

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series will be a big test for the lineup. We’ve seen it happen so many times before. It seems like this miserable ballpark is where ranger hot streaks and winning streaks go to die. Pitching matchups are a lot more favorable than last series tho.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series will be a big test for the lineup. We’ve seen it happen so many times before. It seems like this miserable ballpark is where ranger hot streaks and winning streaks go to die. Pitching matchups are a lot more favorable than last series tho.

Tough late night games for the working man. Activity lessens for me

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most disappointing Rangers player thus far, plus trade-block candidates

Link to an interesting chat I stumbled upon recently. I’ll type up some notes from it because I’m not sure if you guys can access it.

Most disappointing ranger so far: Rougned Odor. His stats are 7 for 42 with 15K’s.

Possible trade bait at deadline : Mike minor, Drew smyly, Shelby Miller, and Delino Deshields.

What should be the asking price for minor?

More than they got for Cole hamels and yu Darvish.

The writer summarized the Darvish trade as : the players received could still do something, but the clock is ticking.

The hamels deal was described as a wash. RHP Eddie Butler sucks, he’s already moved on to Korea. RHP Rollie Lacy has already been traded. That leaves Alexander Ovalles. An 18 year old first baseman / outfielder who hasn’t played above the Dominican summer league level.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most disappointing Rangers player thus far, plus trade-block candidates

Link to an interesting chat I stumbled upon recently. I’ll type up some notes from it because I’m not sure if you guys can access it.

Most disappointing ranger so far: Rougned Odor. His stats are 7 for 42 with 15K’s.

Possible trade bait at deadline : Mike minor, Drew smyly, Shelby Miller, and Delino Deshields.

What should be the asking price for minor?

More than they got for Cole hamels and yu Darvish.

The writer summarized the Darvish trade as : the players received could still do something, but the clock is ticking.

The hamels deal was described as a wash. RHP Eddie Butler sucks, he’s already moved on to Korea. RHP Rollie Lacy has already been traded. That leaves Alexander Ovalles. An 18 year old first baseman / outfielder who hasn’t played above the Dominican summer league level.
I don't think any team would trade for Deshields, Miller or Smyly. I don't think the Rangers want to trade Choo, Minor or Lynn. We may have a relatively uneventful trade deadline around here.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any team would trade for Deshields, Miller or Smyly. I don't think the Rangers want to trade Choo, Minor or Lynn. We may have a relatively uneventful trade deadline around here.

Agree but Miller has a shit to turn it around which may make it attractive. Hard to say about Minor. What about extending him?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but Miller has a shit to turn it around which may make it attractive. Hard to say about Minor. What about extending him?

If minor really is better than we thought, and he’s a solid #1 or #2, the rangers should extend him because we all know they can’t seem to develop their own pitching.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If minor really is better than we thought, and he’s a solid #1 or #2, the rangers should extend him because we all know they can’t seem to develop their own pitching.
If they can't develop a pitching staff, then Minor would serve no purpose because we wouldn't be going to a WS anyway.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor has hed an ERA of a little over 4.00 every year that he has started lately with one exception. He will most likely never be more than a #4 in a WS rotation. Extending him would be extending a guy who will be 33 when his current contract is up.

It is probably best to trade him if he continues his outlier year, but I have no hope that the Rangers will take advantage of a situation begging to be taken advantage of.

I would not extend him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about a #1 but he seems to be a solid starter, a guy you can have confidence in. In that case I agree with you in that I would like to take my chances and keep him. We have to have some pitching to start the rebuild and can't keep trading anyone who can pitch away.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on not extending Minor and getting what you can for him, by time we have the pitching to contend, Minor will be on the downslide

Also not against the idea of keeping him, but hell I'd trade pretty much anyone on our pitching staff, including LeClerq if the price was right

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on not extending Minor and getting what you can for him, by time we have the pitching to contend, Minor will be on the downslide

Also not against the idea of keeping him, but hell I'd trade pretty much anyone on our pitching staff, including LeClerq if the price was right
Leclerc just fell off the cliff. Like watching Dyson all over again. But that seems to not be unusual with relievers.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor has hed an ERA of a little over 4.00 every year that he has started lately with one exception. He will most likely never be more than a #4 in a WS rotation. Extending him would be extending a guy who will be 33 when his current contract is up.

It is probably best to trade him if he continues his outlier year, but I have no hope that the Rangers will take advantage of a situation begging to be taken advantage of.

I would not extend him.

A lot depends upon when you think our window is. If next year we are planning to contend then a reasonable extension of 2 years is fine by me. However if we crater this year then yes trade him if price is right.
We are doing better than all have thought and trading away best pitcher while we are contending even if it be April sends the wrong message.

All this being said it might be prudent to be a little more absolute a little closer to the break

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot depends upon when you think our window is. If next year we are planning to contend then a reasonable extension of 2 years is fine by me. However if we crater this year then yes trade him if price is right.
We are doing better than all have thought and trading away best pitcher while we are contending even if it be April sends the wrong message.

All this being said it might be prudent to be a little more absolute a little closer to the break
To me they sent the message that they weren't trying to contend this year quite a while back. I am in favor of being consistent with that message even if that means trading away our best pitcher if we are still over .500.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me they sent the message that they weren't trying to contend this year quite a while back. I am in favor of being consistent with that message even if that means trading away our best pitcher if we are still over .500.

I'm hoping all our MASH pitchers; Minor, Miller, Lynn & Smyly are all pitching well or starting to pitch better come the deadline, if they are, then we might be close to .500 BUT I don't think even if they all have manage to ERAs under 5 by that point makes us playoff hopefuls, and so I would be willing to trade them all

We'll see how the perform or how healthy they are in their 10 starts before the trade deadline, I'm not putting much stock in how they've pitched so far since they're all essentially coming back from some sort of injury (minus Minor)

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping all our MASH pitchers; Minor, Miller, Lynn & Smyly are all pitching well or starting to pitch better come the deadline, if they are, then we might be close to .500 BUT I don't think even if they all have manage to ERAs under 5 by that point makes us playoff hopefuls, and so I would be willing to trade them all

We'll see how the perform or how healthy they are in their 10 starts before the trade deadline, I'm not putting much stock in how they've pitched so far since they're all essentially coming back from some sort of injury (minus Minor)

I’m skeptical. All we’ve seen lately from this front office is good prospects leaving the organization in trades while trying to contend and terrible prospects joining the organization from the hamels / Darvish deals.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m skeptical. All we’ve seen lately from this front office is good prospects leaving the organization in trades while trying to contend and terrible prospects joining the organization from the hamels / Darvish deals.

Well if the best we can do in 2 years is Minor, then we're not going to contend anyway, bc that means none of our guys panned out... I'm all about adding more talent to the pool in that scenario