• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions will trade up to 1 or 2 for Clowney

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me about gv.

I dont take this shit serious at all. I may argue a bit every once and a while but its nothing to get carried away about. Lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, real funny Rob Base. At least I understand that the Lions aren't one player away. I'm beating the horse with WR talk and you're suggesting the Lions trade away everything to add to our stongest unit! And who cares about your corny predictions of the past. Lol

Tell me about gv.

I dont take this shit serious at all. I may argue a bit every once and a while but its nothing to get carried away about. Lol

Let me know when you're done playing the victim Lionstop. You love to dish it out but can't take it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump...

Just trying to jump-start some of these conversations that we had going before they were all consolidated onto one thread......

6 threads.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump...

Just trying to jump-start some of these conversations that we had going before they were all consolidated onto one thread... that seems to have killed the board for the last few days...

Still don't see us trading up for Clowney unless he slips past #5 or so...

I don't either.

I do think Atl would trade up from #6 to #4 to grab Clowney, assuming Cleveland trades up from #4 to #2 to get the 2nd QB after Houston takes a QB. Atlanta is desperate for a DE after losing John Abraham and Osi not doing much last year. Kroy Beirman was injured late.

You never know what Mayhew will do though. I also don't think we can automatically assume that Devin Taylor is starting DE just yet (rotational DE, yes). Who knows what the progress on Jason Jones is or will be for that matter. Nonetheless, we need another DE. Maybe it's Willie Young, not exactly a favorite of many in here but he should come cheaply.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced Willie Young isn't a slow adult. Million dollar body, 10 cent brain.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced Willie Young isn't a slow adult. Million dollar body, 10 cent brain.

While I was watching/listening to a couple of his interviews, I can agree. He had a lot of QB hurries as Tpaul pointed out. He always lacked somewhat in run support but I think he improved in that area a little last year.

Let's face it, Clowney would be an EXTREME UPGRADE over Willie or J. Jones or Devin Taylor so long as he is ready to commit to the Pro regiment, film sessions, weight-room etc. I wasn't all that surprised to see him out of shape last year when rumors had circulated of him possibly sitting out his junior year fearing risk of career ending injury. Someone got into his ear whether it was family or an advisor and there's no telling who it may have been. He looked as if he was saving himself for the NFL. That is a red flag. He complained publicly that he wasn't being used properly scheme wise and that teams double/triple teamed him (that'll happen in the pros too). That is a red flag. You kind of have to go along with the program while in college and not make the media part of your problems as that leads to FO personnel questioning him even more. The kid is ultra talented though.

I would hate to see extra picks given up to draft him as I believe we actually need more, but nothing Mayhew does anymore surprises me.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something else to think about when deciding if Mayhew will make a move for Clowney --

MLive.com's Kyle Meinke believes Lions DT Nick Fairley's weight had reached "at least" 320 by late last season.

Meinke observed Fairley playing with a "sizable belly." Fairley is listed at 6'3/291 on the Lions' website and measured 6-foot-3 7/8, 291 at the 2011 Combine. GM Martin Mayhew recently reiterated he wants Fairley's work ethic to improve. "I'd like to see his commitment to the offseason program improve, and see him on a consistent basis," said Mayhew. "It's voluntary, but if he's not training with us, I'd like to see him training somewhere." 2014 is Fairley's contract year.

Is Fairley on the bubble with Mayhew? Would Mayhew trade up for Clowney and re-up Suh with the idea that this could be sticky Nicky's last year with the Lions?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something else to think about when deciding if Mayhew will make a move for Clowney --

MLive.com's Kyle Meinke believes Lions DT Nick Fairley's weight had reached "at least" 320 by late last season.

Meinke observed Fairley playing with a "sizable belly." Fairley is listed at 6'3/291 on the Lions' website and measured 6-foot-3 7/8, 291 at the 2011 Combine. GM Martin Mayhew recently reiterated he wants Fairley's work ethic to improve. "I'd like to see his commitment to the offseason program improve, and see him on a consistent basis," said Mayhew. "It's voluntary, but if he's not training with us, I'd like to see him training somewhere." 2014 is Fairley's contract year.

Is Fairley on the bubble with Mayhew? Would Mayhew trade up for Clowney and re-up Suh with the idea that this could be sticky Nicky's last year with the Lions?

I've been talking about Fairley for the last month about not being here next year. Fairley, IMO, becomes Trade Bait. I had stated on numerous occasions in here regarding Mayhew's displeasure with Fairley's lack of motivation and immaturity and laziness on the practice field... He's too inconsistent and disappears, like in the entire second half of the Philly game this year... A 2nd round pick for him in the upcoming draft.

Mayhew has until May 2nd 2014 before he has to decide to pick up the club option on Fairley for 2015..... Can you Say hello Pit Panther DT Aaron Donald should Mayhew trade Fairley in this draft.

Last edited by a moderator: