• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers need to trade the farm for Westbrook

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's NOT coming back to OKC.

Cough up Deangelo, Ingram, and a first rounder. Make it happen.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the talks have already started.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree he's not staying in OKC, so they should be looking to shop him, but LAL or any other team...why give up the farm when they can wait a season?

I'm not saying I wouldn't trade, but I wouldn't be too generous...OKC is in the worse need position.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree he's not staying in OKC, so they should be looking to shop him, but LAL or any other team...why give up the farm when they can wait a season?

I'm not saying I wouldn't trade, but I wouldn't be too generous...OKC is in the worse need position.

IF I was gonna go after Westbrick this is the course i'd take. no need for us to push a damn thing...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook isn't exactly old, and he's that alpha player you lack.

They'll move him, and you'll miss out. He's a GUARANTEE. NONE of your young players are. You'd be pretty foolish to not see what you can make happen.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll move him, and you'll miss out. He's a GUARANTEE. NONE of your young players are. You'd be pretty foolish to not see what you can make happen.

uh kay...

looking into your crystal ball how do you KNOW none of the young guys'll pan out...

short answer: you DON'T...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I was gonna go after Westbrick this is the course i'd take. no need for us to push a damn thing...

Yep...I agree...the Lakers need to let the youngsters get a season together.

A team that should consider trading for him is ATL...they can offer Schoerder and one of the wing rookies they drafted...two relatively cheap players.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I agree...the Lakers need to let the youngsters get a season together.

A team that should consider trading for him is ATL...they can offer Schoerder and one of the wing rookies they drafted...two relatively cheap players.

and bottom line is that the onus is on OKC to get something for him, not on L.A. to do a desperation move...ESPECIALLY since the playoffs are out of the question this season anyways...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh kay...

looking into your crystal ball how do you KNOW none of the young guys'll pan out...

short answer: you DON'T...

That's the point.

Westbrook is KNOWN commodity. It's HIGHLY unlikely any of your young kids will be as good or better.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. You ALWAYS take the known over the unknown. The players I named aren't exactly lighting it up, you wouldn't be losing all that much.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is...guarantee for what? 35 wins? 40? imo the Lakers are not close enough to bring in a Westbrook and give up the young talent...as a FA...I would be in the market, no question.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point.

Westbrook is KNOWN commodity. It's HIGHLY unlikely any of your young kids will be as good or better.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. You ALWAYS take the known over the unknown. The players I named aren't exactly lighting it up, you wouldn't be losing all that much.

D'Angelo has 1 season under his belt. Ingram hasn't even played a GAME in the NBA yet...

sorry, no sale...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is...guarantee for what? 35 wins? 40? imo the Lakers are not close enough to bring in a Westbrook and give up the young talent...as a FA...I would be in the market, no question.

I'm pretty sure OKC is going to trade him, he'll never see free agency.

Giving up a first round pick, Deangelo Russell and maybe Ingram is not a steep price to pay for arguably the best guard in the league to build around.

Not sure I see what you do with youth.....if it's not productive. Ask Philly how that works.

All I'm saying is.....if you have the chance to land Westbrook, make it happen. You don't have better options in house, and most likely never will.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers might do better to wait.

The Thunder can't just trade Westbrook anywhere. It has to be somewhere Westbrook is willing to sign an extension for.

No team is going to give up the value the Thunder will want without assurance that he's going to be there long-term.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers might do better to wait.

The Thunder can't just trade Westbrook anywhere. It has to be somewhere Westbrook is willing to sign an extension for.

No team is going to give up the value the Thunder will want without assurance that he's going to be there long-term.

Lakers got burned on the D12 deal. i'm thinking they learned their lesson...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would give up all those long term assets for a 1 year rental?

Why would Westbrook even consider resigning with such a bare cupboard? If they could get him for Russell and a first, then sure. Anything more would only set the Lakers back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure OKC is going to trade him, he'll never see free agency.

Giving up a first round pick, Deangelo Russell and maybe Ingram is not a steep price to pay for arguably the best guard in the league to build around.

Not sure I see what you do with youth.....if it's not productive. Ask Philly how that works.

All I'm saying is.....if you have the chance to land Westbrook, make it happen. You don't have better options in house, and most likely never will.

1st...for me to even consider a trade, it would have to be a sign and trade deal. Why would he agree to a long term deal with a <20 win team? 2nd...I agree some team will trade, but why give up so much when you know OKC HAS to make a trade? I agree that you don't know what Ingram is going to turn into, but the kid has talent.

Last...if the LAL were already a 40-45 win team...maybe RB gets you into the 50 win range where you can realistically build around him...as built, the Lakers are more than RW from being a legit contender....he's not going to attract much on a 35 win team.

I'm not saying RW is not a great player, but right now there are teams better suited for him than LAL.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st...for me to even consider a trade, it would have to be a sign and trade deal. Why would he agree to a long term deal with a <20 win team? 2nd...I agree some team will trade, but why give up so much when you know OKC HAS to make a trade? I agree that you don't know what Ingram is going to turn into, but the kid has talent.

Last...if the LAL were already a 40-45 win team...maybe RB gets you into the 50 win range where you can realistically build around him...as built, the Lakers are more than RW from being a legit contender....he's not going to attract much on a 35 win team.

I'm not saying RW is not a great player, but right now there are teams better suited for him than LAL.

Westbrook will sign in LA. That's most likely WHERE he wants to be.

Of course there are better teams for him from a basketball perspective. But if you're the Lakers you have to look into it. IF you really don't think RW will attract other talent I'm not sure I can agree with that.

I'm not saying make the trade today. I'm saying you should have the phone lines working and know what OKC plans to do because when they decide to move him, it will be fast. They clearly aren't going to get market value. But I don't see a loss for LA in losing Russell and Ingram.

I guess you guys value unproven talent much more than I do.