• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone ever see the movie Groundhog Day? That's what this suspension talk is like.

Come on NFL this stuff's gone on long enough. Announce the damn suspension already!!!

Per Florio from PFT they're in a holding pattern negotiating a compromised punishment. We might not even get second ruling

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing the guy in charge of decision is giving them time to settle and they wont come to an agreement unless he gives them an ultimatum...like settle by a certain time or I'll decide.

Fuckin' NFL. They hire someone to decide this. Go against the decision. Put the exact person they want in charge of things to get the outcome they want. And still haven't made a decision.

It's ridiculous.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Florio from PFT they're in a holding pattern negotiating a compromised punishment. We might not even get second ruling

Oh just great. Maybe they finally make a decision by week one of the season?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entertainment is free

LOL
I kind of picture you as that little dog walking with the big one from the cartoon continuously calling him George saying "George is my friend" as you do whatever he wants.

1660754823691.png

Last edited:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,634.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever see the movie Groundhog Day? That's what this suspension talk is like.

Come on NFL this stuff's gone on long enough. Announce the damn suspension already!!!!
good luck with that

robinson was appointed 3/29 and gave her ruling 8/1

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, if you're the NFL, you're negotiating again

Watson had his chance to do that and passed

If you're the league the ONLY reason type opposing the initiative ruling is because you're worried about the public backlash of a light suspension and how it will impact how the league is perceived

Negotiating now makes it look like the league is bending the knee to Watson which will pretty much undo anything they're looking to accomplish by increasing the suspension

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of picture you as that big lug dog walking with the smaller (but allegedly tougher) dog from the cartoon continuously calling him George saying "George is my friend" as you do whatever he wants.

View attachment 305485
Progress: Last week you kind of picture me as the smaller dog

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're the league the ONLY reason type opposing the initiative ruling is because you're worried about the public backlash of a light suspension and how it will impact how the league is perceived

Negotiating now makes it look like the league is bending the knee to Watson which will pretty much undo anything they're looking to accomplish by increasing the suspension
Well...it is Florio

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only reason that comes to mind is avoiding a lawsuit, not that the league is worried they could lose, but it's not the kind of PR they want. So they may be willing to give just a hair and the NFLPA is trying hard to get better then a hair. Likely no agreement happens IMO, but it is dragging this out.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,634.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason that comes to mind is avoiding a lawsuit, not that the league is worried they could lose, but it's not the kind of PR they want. So they may be willing to give just a hair and the NFLPA is trying hard to get better then a hair. Likely no agreement happens IMO, but it is dragging this out.
maybe they just go to the meetings for a few good laughs:suds:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were literally dozens of accusers in the Watson case. The reason he wasn't charged criminally is because these didn't cross the threshold of criminality.
He wasn't charged, because the DA didn't think he'd win a conviction. Had nothing to to with crossing the threshold of criminality

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston 1, Watson 24, you do the math.
Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Originals

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many did he settle with? Spinner
Could not be funnier that - again - you are spinning while calling me a spinner.

When it comes to what the arbiter considered, only the 4 cases mattered. This is what was being discussed.

But as someone who is not afraid of questions, the answer is all but 1 were settled so either 25 or 29?

Now go find George.

Status
Not open for further replies.