• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's plenty of sexual assaults never charged because, they're hard to prove, beyond doubt in court.

Did the arbitrator find him guilty of violating the Personal Conduct Policy?
yep...compared it to winston who got 3 games.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...compared it to winston who got 3 games.
For one unpremeditated instance.

Four instances for Watson, or 12, or 24, depending how you want to count, all premeditated.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were literally dozens of accusers in the Watson case. The reason he wasn't charged criminally is because these didn't cross the threshold of criminality.
Incorrect - the issue is, as with many of these types of crimes - it is he said/she said with not enough evidence to prosecute.

That is why you see many of these cases not go to trial, or end up being acquitted in trial (OJ Simpson, anyone) and then find liable/guilty in a civil court where the evidence threshold is much lower and the overall judicial approach is different.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By a couple people. One who likes to lie, ignore questions and is a tad obsessed. Affectionally? As I said, a tad creepy, but I guess you do you as long as it can remain in this forum. The other seems obsessed with me and you, though I hope you at least pay him.
You truly are delousional. A couple people. Now that is funny. Not as funny as thinking people are scared to answer your questions or people are obsessed with you. But still very funny.

Keep doing you Spinner

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Incorrect - the issue is, as with many of these types of crimes - it is he said/she said with not enough evidence to prosecute.

That is why you see many of these cases not go to trial, or end up being acquitted in trial (OJ Simpson, anyone) and then find liable/guilty in a civil court where the evidence threshold is much lower and the overall judicial approach is different.

There were criminal charges in the OJ Simpson case. There were no criminal charges here.

This isn't "he said/she said" but a pattern involving dozens of accusers. Do people think Cosby or Weinstein are in jail because of physical evidence from r*pe allegations from years or decades ago? It's the number of corroborating stories that crossed the threshold of criminality.
Watson did some sketchy/perverted ***t while soliciting sex but it was deemed unworthy of criminal prosecution

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For one unpremeditated instance.

Four instances for Watson, or 12, or 24, depending how you want to count, all premeditated.
Likely why she doubled it. It's not 12 or 24 since all that mattered were the 4. You are arguing here with the former judge, not me. If you want to say you know more than her have at it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You truly are delousional. A couple people. Now that is funny. Not as funny as thinking people are scared to answer your questions or people are obsessed with you. But still very funny.

Keep doing you Spinner
Far as I know, yes, a couple who use the spinner reference (often in comments in which they lied or spun). Both obsessed. One with me, the other with you and me.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were criminal charges in the OJ Simpson case. There were no criminal charges here.

This isn't "he said/she said" but a pattern involving dozens of accusers. Do people think Cosby or Weinstein are in jail because of physical evidence from r*pe allegations from years or decades ago? It's the number of corroborating stories that crossed the threshold of criminality.
Watson did some sketchy/perverted ***t while soliciting sex but it was deemed unworthy of criminal prosecution
And thus - why you have civil court...because of this exact reason - where a crime WAS committed, but for whatever reason wasn't brought forth for prosecution.

The point with OJ - was to point out - being charged criminally doesn't mean guilt from a prosecution standpoint. What actually happened, and what can be proven are not always mutually exclusive - which is why civil court has a much lower threshold.

Regardless - being charged with a crime, or not, has zero bearing on his case with the NFL - so not sure why people continue to use this as a defense to why Watson should/shouldn't be suspended. The NFL has a right to policy its image - and are 100% following the CBA that the players union agreed to.

He'll get whatever they finally deem worthy - though, in the court of most of the public, whatever it is - likely will not be enough.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,634.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cosbys case got overturned but weiny is still in but appealing:suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,634.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thus - why you have civil court...because of this exact reason - where a crime WAS committed, but for whatever reason wasn't brought forth for prosecution.

The point with OJ - was to point out - being charged criminally doesn't mean guilt from a prosecution standpoint. What actually happened, and what can be proven are not always mutually exclusive - which is why civil court has a much lower threshold.

Regardless - being charged with a crime, or not, has zero bearing on his case with the NFL - so not sure why people continue to use this as a defense to why Watson should/shouldn't be suspended. The NFL has a right to policy its image - and are 100% following the CBA that the players union agreed to.

He'll get whatever they finally deem worthy - though, in the court of most of the public, whatever it is - likely will not be enough.
if hes not guilty why the hell did he pay them:suds:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely why she doubled it. It's not 12 or 24 since all that mattered were the 4. You are arguing here with the former judge, not me. If you want to say you know more than her have at it.
I think she quadrupled it because it was four, and then cut it in half because Winston had been warned beforehand and Watson had not and had no blemishes before these reports.

I think the next person is probably limited to the same four cases, and could easily land at twelve or a full season by doubling or tripling it again because of premeditation. Robinson didn't consider premeditation, and that usually makes the penalty double or more.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hes not guilty why the hell did he pay them:suds:
Agreed - but I'll also acknowledge that in some cases, it's just easier to pay and make them go away.

Think about it - if Watson had just paid up front (guilty or not) none of this likely ever comes to light. No one else steps forward - and no one is none-the-wiser. So, even those who may be innocent likely could pay people off just to keep things out of the news - the media coverage likely leads to more loss financially than paying the person off - and that's what many scammers hope for.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You can have a civil suit filed for something as benign as a car accident where a person didn't properly use their blinker. When you have dozens of accusers but no criminal charges that's because a DA/ Grand Jury think it's unworthy of criminal prosecution (imo). Criminal charges aren't needed for a code of conduct violation but when we're talking about criminality it's important

Again, I think it's a positive sign that our culture is showing sensitivity towards these issues but there's no reason to go from 4 games for multiple r*pe allegations to indefinite suspensions for civil accusations involving unwanted solicitation during massages we're going too far. Put a zero tolerance rule in the next CBA then go from there with zero complaints for either party

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as I know, yes, a couple who use the spinner reference (often in comments in which they lied or spun). Both obsessed. One with me, the other with you and me.
Stay delusional. Now not everyone may call you Spinner but they certainly imply with other names and accusations of you moving goal posts, waffling and spinning pretty much everything.

Spin away Spinner

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she quadrupled it because it was four, and then cut it in half because Winston had been warned beforehand and Watson had not and had no blemishes before these reports.

I think the next person is probably limited to the same four cases, and could easily land at twelve or a full season by doubling or tripling it again because of premeditation. Robinson didn't consider premeditation, and that usually makes the penalty double or more.
I could buy that....I think she showed more contempt for Watson but definitely some toward the NFL, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay delusional. Now not everyone may call you Spinner but they certainly imply with other names and accusations of you moving goal posts, waffling and spinning pretty much everything.

Spin away Spinner
I mean, you don't even seem to know what spinning or moving the coal posts is. Here's an example.....

If I ask you to name all the bad picks a FO has made and you reply by asking me to name their good picks. That is also an example of you being a question coward.

If by waffling you mean have the ability to be rational, objective and see both sides in a discussion I guess I'm guilty of that.

Not sure what term best applies when you say I'm only spinning when I agree 100% with your comment.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever see the movie Groundhog Day? That's what this suspension talk is like.

Come on NFL this stuff's gone on long enough. Announce the damn suspension already!!!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever see the movie Groundhog Day? That's what this suspension talk is like.

Come on NFL this stuff's gone on long enough. Announce the damn suspension already!!!!
Guessing the guy in charge of decision is giving them time to settle and they wont come to an agreement unless he gives them an ultimatum...like settle by a certain time or I'll decide.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand

I think Rodger is still reading the room

Status
Not open for further replies.