• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happened between D. Watson & his head coach?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,128.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be surprised if Winston gets put in before the year is over.
He may give up turnovers, but he also can put points on the board.
Browns defense has got to be tired & frustrated after a lot of these games right now.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson will get his coach fired by the end of the season....maybe sooner.

baker-mayfield-since-leaving-the-browns-vs-deshaun-watson-v0-0tbt0wofucod1.jpeg

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has the Watson experiment not ended already? The guy is the ben Simmons of the NFL

I mean they could bench him.. but that's about it. They're literally stuck with the guy until 2026 or so because of the massive dead cap (so 2 more seasons). 2025 may be possible with a bonus restructure and then spread the hit over 2 seasons but the dead cap is still going to be astronomical for 25/26' seasons. Wilson was like half of what 2025 would be.

What's gotta be the super hard pill to swallow is Mayfield looks great right now lol.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is the one eating it. But too many men in the offensive huddle is a penalty. As soon as it happened they were gonna throw the flag. Which means they weren't going to then go for it on 4th down.

I'm not defending Watsons play. But this one is squarely on the coaching not on the QB. 100%

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I will say that looking at the video it was pretty obvious too. Despite what the writers with their agenda wanted to write.

I watched Stefanski in disbelief on the sideline and Watson walked right up to him put his arm around him and told him "Dog, you sent 12 men to the huddle." Then the coach realizes it and puts his head down in shame.

Watson knew what was going on and the HC didn't. All these writers trying to say Watson walked off the field and ignored his HC or whatever? Watson definitely isn't the answer and he might even be A problem. But he's not THE problem. Definitely not the only problem.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is the one eating it. But too many men in the offensive huddle is a penalty. As soon as it happened they were gonna throw the flag. Which means they weren't going to then go for it on 4th down.

I'm not defending Watsons play. But this one is squarely on the coaching not on the QB. 100%
Call a time out or were they out?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you call a time out given this sequence? They had already used 1 here.

The Browns had already burned a timeout after rookie Zak Zinter’s false start that wiped out D’Onta Foreman’s touchdown run on first and goal at the 2, and weren’t about to burn another one.

They took the 5-yard delay-of-game penalty, and Dustin Hopkins kicked a 31-yard field goal to narrow the gap to 24-6.

“We had the wrong amount of people in the huddle and at that point we were just going to kick the field goal,” Stefanski said after the game.

“Too many men in a huddle,” said Watson. “That was it.”

Cooper concurred.

“It was a miscommunication,” he said.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my goodness

and his guaranteed $ has ensured this stat

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have called a time-out, but it would have been their 2nd time-out in the opening 2 minutes of the 2nd half. Given there were 28+ minutes left in the game taking the penalty and kicking the FG was probably the better choice. Since they were only going to have time for another 30 or so offensive plays taking the penalty and going for it on 4th & 8 might also have been better than using a time-out and attempting a 4th & 3. All bad choices.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stefanski won't get fired.

Per Browns fans on here.
Well considering he just got extended before the season...I mean does that makes sense to you?

Andrew Berry made the trade for Watson and guess what??? He got extended in the offseason too.

So I think they have at least a season. If Watson goes the full year playing like shit...then maybe one gets fired but I am still doubting that. The only way I see something drastic happening is if Watson says he quits or wants traded. I dont think it will happen bc he has all this guaranteed money and I think he is just fine with all that unearned money.

He will be a Cleveland Brown through 2026. There is nothing to discuss there. Like I said maybe if they are absolutely awful one or both gets fired but they literally just got extended. I hope it happens but it is not likely.