• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Cutler. real story.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler played smart football and had no turnovers or wtf deciesions. 3tds & no turnovers are his real numbers. Any one notice Cutler crossed the line of scrimmage on that hail Mary? I bet if we caught it, the refs would have noticed. Lol. Fix the damm Def and don't fix what is not broken. Sign Cutler. Pay the man a fair wage. That is all he said he wants. He is not elite, he is good. Keeping this offense together is critical.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just no justification for the Cutler hate. He is a good QB. And a good teammate. Please give me a better option too. I like Cutler, I don't love him. Give me a senero where we are better off without him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put this offense as is, with a good Def and we would be playing for a SB

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is just no justification for the Cutler hate. He is a good QB. And a good teammate. Please give me a better option too. I like Cutler, I don't love him. Give me a senero where we are better off without him.

As in, on their current roster, or, as an available free agent, or, just any other QB in general?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler played really good, actually. Like REALLY good.

That back shoulder throw to Marshall early was an absolute dime.

Still pissed that Bushrod false started when the Bears were moving on such a key drive. Also, I love Jeffery, but that 3rd and 17 pass did hit him in the hands. I think he's got to get that, but you can't get to upset about it. He's been great.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler played smart football and had no turnovers or wtf deciesions. 3tds & no turnovers are his real numbers. Any one notice Cutler crossed the line of scrimmage on that hail Mary? I bet if we caught it, the refs would have noticed. Lol. Fix the damm Def and don't fix what is not broken. Sign Cutler. Pay the man a fair wage. That is all he said he wants. He is not elite, he is good. Keeping this offense together is critical.

So what exactly is a "fair" wage for a "good" QB... ?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler was invisible the entire first half...

That dime he threw to Marshall, the TD drive that he ended with a TD pass to Forte... Hardly.

It's not his fault Jeffery fumbled on a drive where they were moving the ball.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dime he threw to Marshall, the TD drive that he ended with a TD pass to Forte... Hardly.

It's not his fault Jeffery fumbled on a drive where they were moving the ball.

Cutler went 5-10 / 66 Yards in the first-half, and the Bears' Offense scored just 7 points against one of the worst Defenses in football... sorry but that's a faaaaaaaaaaaar cry from a QB who played "REALLY good". (On the flipside, Rodgers played REALLY BAD in the first-half yet the Packers scored 13 points.)

Quit making excuses for Big Half-Game Jay... he's an average QB at best, and worth nowhere near the money he commands.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is justification for the hate . I'm not a hater, but can make a few points. As 1 would hate on him.
To start off w/ we gave up 2 1rst rd picks and a starting Qb for him. Looking at Bears fan hater side of the fence. Hence our savior. Well, Jay hasn't had much too work with before this year. But the hater will say, he should make the talent around him better. Which I thought he made his O-line look better than they actually were. But the hater will say, he should have made WRs look better.
My argument is, it's hard to make your WRs look good when your running for your life.
The haters say Jay beat GB 1 out 9 tries. How will you win the div. that way, yet alone get to a super bowl. This I have to agree with , yet knowing it's a team game. Kudos to his last performance.
I love Jay ( in a football sense). But I love my Bears more. This year was disgusting . WE finally get O production and the D fails us . ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Just my thoughts . Jay deserves a raise . Maybe to the 12-13 mil. range. Any more would hamper the fixing of this team. Pepp still commands a large portion of the cap.
I still think Jay hasn't bought into the system. He continually looks for the big play,instead of moving the chains. I don't think Josh is the answer long term either.
But if Jay isn't resigned, I expect T-man to find somebody who can run his system.
I'm really more concerned about our D.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Cutty will ditch the Bears and go home to TN assuming the Titans want him. Seems to have had his head and one foot out the door for awhile now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler went 5-10 / 66 Yards in the first-half, and the Bears' Offense scored just 7 points against one of the worst Defenses in football... sorry but that's a faaaaaaaaaaaar cry from a QB who played "REALLY good". (On the flipside, Rodgers played REALLY BAD in the first-half yet the Packers scored 13 points.)

Quit making excuses for Big Half-Game Jay... he's an average QB at best, and worth nowhere near the money he commands.

A real states guy huh? If you only look at stats, you ignore the subtle nuances of the game. The nuances that make the game special.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly would be shocked if he weren't a Bear next year.

It would be completely asinine to have finally put all the pieces together on Offense, and then start over at QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to be objective on this subject, as Cutler is light years ahead of every two-bit schmuck we've had behind center, in 25 years.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to be objective on this subject, as Cutler is light years ahead of every two-bit schmuck we've had behind center, in 25 years.

Just wondering. Would you rather have a $15- 20 mil shmuck leading our team to Detroitness . Or would you like to bring in some players to make our D respectable?
THAT is the ?.
Just sayin , if we pay Jay the big bucks . 15- 20 mil. We won't be able to fix the pathetic D.
And fixing the D. Is more important than signing a good QB to Elite status contract.
I love Jay , but would rather see some improvement in the D.
Just think T-man can find a QB to run his O efficiently. The D will have to take a major overhaul.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spending money isn't going to fix the defense. The defense has been getting paid. A lot. Time to step up pay Jay and fix the defense also. 8 million has been saved already because of Melton. Pay Jay!!!!!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering. Would you rather have a $15- 20 mil shmuck leading our team to Detroitness . Or would you like to bring in some players to make our D respectable?
THAT is the ?.
Just sayin , if we pay Jay the big bucks . 15- 20 mil. We won't be able to fix the pathetic D.
And fixing the D. Is more important than signing a good QB to Elite status contract.
I love Jay , but would rather see some improvement in the D.
Just think T-man can find a QB to run his O efficiently. The D will have to take a major overhaul.

I don't think Jay will demand that much.

He has already earned two big contracts. His rookie contract, and then when he came here. IMO, Jay will do whatever it takes to stay in Chicago, as I feel, at this point in his career, success is more important than the big contract.

Also, I would say YES...I do believe Jay deserves a fair contract. He has been great in Chicago. What he was able to accomplish with virtually no offensive line and no WR's is nothing short of remarkable.

And now we finally have the pieces together around him, and y'all wanna jump ship after one season, and take our chances on the unknown? No thanks. Been there, done that.

This Offense has all the pieces to be dominant.

If Emery can turn the O around in one year, he can do the same with the D.

And paying Cutler a fair rate, won't hinder their chances one bit. Particularly if the restructure or cut Peppers and Hester.

So no...I am not for your plan, as their are too many unknowns.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tim Tebow! :whistle:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't sign Jay, you might as well sign Henry Burris. Qb hell here we come. Its a shame because with For the first time in fucking years we have an offense and a Qb to run it foryears and smucks on this forum think just any qb can run it. At least you fans that want just ant qb are used to it and are okay sighs hell. Not this fan. I'll take Jay all day. Jay is far from a schmuck. He is no worse than Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco or Matthew Stafford. Welcome back to QB HELL

Last edited by a moderator: