• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Jay Cutler isn't the Answer"

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler must play a perfect game in order to beat the patriots. Brady is 86 and 13 at home. If the Bears lose their season is over.

They need to split with GB/NE to keep any hope alive. With home games vs MIN and TB following. Climbing out of a 4-5 hole to 6-5 is not unreasonable.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether you like Urlacher or not, he is correct. Cutler hasn't led this team like an "elite" QB is expected to lead, but he still paid like an upper tier QB. Think of it this way: What would the Bears record be if Brady, AR, or Manning was under center? That's the difference between Cutler and successful QBs.

You put those 3 QB's on ANY team and that team is BETTER. Without question. Jacksonville- Yep. Raiders...sure. EVERY TEAM's fan base wants one of those guys. Come on Man.

The better question is would the Bears be better with- Romo, Eli, Rivers, Dalton, Alex Smith, Stafford... That's Jay... Jay fits right in with that group.
Would the Raiders, Tampa, Jacksonville, Minnesota...be better with Jay Cutler. Yep.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine... and I have defended Jay a lot, but in all my time defending Jay... I have NEVER called him "elite". So I don't see the issue.

Of course not, because we as Bears fans are so accustomed to mediocre QBs... Subsequently the team is mediocre. That's the issue.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put those 3 QB's on ANY team and that team is BETTER. Without question. Jacksonville- Yep. Raiders...sure. EVERY TEAM's fan base wants one of those guys. Come on Man.

The better question is would the Bears be better with- Romo, Eli, Rivers, Dalton, Alex Smith, Stafford... That's Jay... Jay fits right in with that group.
Would the Raiders, Tampa, Jacksonville, Minnesota...be better with Jay Cutler. Yep.

I disagree. Cutler performs to the talent around him, and he has demonstrated that every year he has been in football. As you stated, the other QBs make their teams better... So there you go.

My point is the Bears need a better QB if they want to reach the next level.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to split with GB/NE to keep any hope alive. With home games vs MIN and TB following. Climbing out of a 4-5 hole to 6-5 is not unreasonable.

I wish they could but the Bears will lose at NE and at GB. This team will be lucky to win 7 games this season.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Urlacher's point is simply this: he is paid like an elite QB but still doesn't produce.

Romo, Dalton, Kaepernick, Eli, A.Smith, Flacco, Stafford, Brees... All make the very similar salaries for 2014... are they elite? or is it just the price of business for starting QB's? (brees is 2-4 this year)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler must play a perfect game in order to beat the patriots. Brady is 86 and 13 at home. If the Bears lose their season is over.

If by perfect, you mean hand the fucking ball to Matt fucking Forte until he has bruises over his entire body, then yes, I agree.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler isn't elite, but I don't think anyone can deny that he's had plain bad luck when it comes to making the playoffs. A few years ago he was 10-6, but missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker. Most of the time 10-6 will get you in. Then last season he played great in the final game with a passer rating over 100, and had the Bears in great position to win. But the defense allowed Rodgers to throw that long bomb TD pass on 4th and 8 with 38 seconds left. Again, bad luck for Cutler. It's not like Cutler didn't put the team in good position to make the playoffs a couple times in the last few years. No one can deny the bad luck.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad luck/permanent rain cloud/living wrong/SOMETHING

It's possibly undefinable. :noidea:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Urlacher's point is simply this: he is paid like an elite QB but still doesn't produce.

Not really. If you look at the entire contract, along with the other QB's from the league. Then take into account the multiple of young QB's who will be dealt new contracts this season. He fits just about inside of the top ten. Not really elite. What Jay was paid is what a veteran QB is worth now. The price goes up year after year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they could but the Bears will lose at NE and at GB. This team will be lucky to win 7 games this season.

Honestly, I find it baffling that you can have actually watched the Bears this season and then guarantee anything. They've won every game the majority has agreed they'd lose, and lost every game the majority felt they'd win.

I'm not saying I'd predict a win, but it's the NFL… don't be so naive to think anything is for certain. This is an underperforming team, that is more than capable of putting together a good performance. The Patriots are not an overwhelming team, especially with Jones and Mayo out.

Last edited by a moderator:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not, because we as Bears fans are so accustomed to mediocre QBs... Subsequently the team is mediocre. That's the issue.

And yet, sadly, he is still the best QB I've seen put on a Bear uniform since the 1960's. And statistically speaking he's having one of, if not the best year he's had as a Pro.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. If you look at the entire contract, along with the other QB's from the league. Then take into account the multiple of young QB's who will be dealt new contracts this season. He fits just about inside of the top ten. Not really elite. What Jay was paid is what a veteran QB is worth now. The price goes up year after year.

And still not on many top 15 lists.

Next year Joe Flacco is gonna count for 29 million against Baltimores cap, so we have that going for us. Jay was gonna count for 13 next year, but they moved 4 from the 22 he was supposed to be paid this year, so that will go up some and he will be middle of the pack and your argument will work for next season.

This year he is the highest paid player in the NFL.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still not on many top 15 lists.
Um...
Passes Comp: 5th 177
Comp %: 6th 67.3%
TD's: t5th- 14
TD %: t10th 5.3% (tied w/brady)
Attempts: t 4th- 263
attempts per game: 5th- 37.6
Yards: 7th 1866

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo, Dalton, Kaepernick, Eli, A.Smith, Flacco, Stafford, Brees... All make the very similar salaries for 2014... are they elite? or is it just the price of business for starting QB's? (brees is 2-4 this year)

Of the players on your list, Kaep, Eli, Flacco, and Brees have played in the SB. Romo is playing great ball this year and will most likely lead the Cowboys to the PO, and the same could be said for Stafford. A. Smith was a PO QB last season, and there is a good chance he will lead KC to the PO again this season.

Cutler, as reported by ESPN.com, draws the highest salary of any QB in the NFL this season... Compared to AR who had a base salary of 900k (he has the opportunity to make much more based on performance bonuses).

I really don't think I need to connect the dots.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I find it baffling that you can have actually watched the Bears this season and then guarantee anything. They've won every game the majority has agreed they'd lose, and lost every game the majority felt they'd win.

I'm not saying I'd predict a win, but it's the NFL… don't be so naive to think anything is for certain. This is an underperforming team, that is more than capable of putting together a good performance. The Patriots are not an overwhelming team, especially with Jones and Mayo out.

Point taken. But consider that in the beginning of the season both GB and NE were trying to get their collective shit together. There is little doubt both teams have achieved this... The Bears, on the other hand, seem to be falling apart. So I'm sticking by my prediction.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jay has the highest base salary of any QB in the NFL this season, as reported on ESPN.com, but he doesn't produce like his peers in the same wage bracket. It's just that simple.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, sadly, he is still the best QB I've seen put on a Bear uniform since the 1960's. And statistically speaking he's having one of, if not the best year he's had as a Pro.

I know, that's what gets me too. He is a good QB, but those mindless turnovers and poor decisions... Screw us every time. (I'm not just referring to int, but fumbles as well).

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...
Passes Comp: 5th 177
Comp %: 6th 67.3%
TD's: t5th- 14
TD %: t10th 5.3% (tied w/brady)
Attempts: t 4th- 263
attempts per game: 5th- 37.6
Yards: 7th 1866

While this is true, Jay is playing great ball, it is his turnovers that are killing the Bears. So even though he has 14 TD passes, you have to consider he threw 7 interceptions, and he has 8 fumbles. 15 turnovers is just fucking crazy.