• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Jay Cutler isn't the Answer"

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think only the Buffalo loss you can completely blame on Cutler. That INT clearly cost them the game. The other 3 losses, there were plenty of reason. For example the Carolina loss. Forte's fumble late in the 4th quarter when the game was tied was the biggest play of that game. Gould's missed chip shot FG was huge too. Did you read the quotes from Panthers players after that game? They said that when Gould missed that chip shot, they made a big deal out of it in the huddle. They said that was their break and they used that to change the momentum of the game. That game probably not only would have been a Bears win, but a blowout win had Gould not missed that. The Panthers looked dead as a doornail until Gould missed that. So with how HUGE the Gould miss and Forte fumble were, I don't know how anyone can say Cutler cost them that game. He made a couple mistakes but also made a lot of great plays, and they would have won if not for the Gould and Forte blunders. The season would look a lot better now at 4-3 rather than 3-4.

I do think the Bears will win in New England. I'm betting they use all this turmoil to prove everyone wrong and play a big game. Remember the Pats were in a similar situation a few weeks ago. Lots of turmoil with Brady upset and even talk that Brady wasn't gonna finish his career with the Pats. They looked in shambles, but they used it as motivation and have played great since. We have to hope the Bears can do the same.

Completely? true. No game is completely any one guy's fault. That's basically true of every NFL game in history. When I said primarily, I meant him more than anyone else.

Buffalo you already agree with, so moving on to...Green Bay. A solid argument can be made that Trestman screwed this one up by going to the passing game...Cutler...when he should have stuck to running. Fine. I would still say Cutler blew those ints. More broadly, this was a game that when I watched on All-22, Cutler made a LOT of more serious mistakes he did not get burned by (i.e. picking receivers he shouldn't have but getting lucky). This whole game, Cutler's decision making should be in serious question. Even the preponderence of passing that could be blamed on Trestman may have been Cutler audibling. So I'm still blaming Cutler as main blame for that one.

Carolina..jeez, he passed well in between committing three turnovers. Three.

Then this week, he chalks up two more and fumbles twice more that were at least recovered. But still pretty bad.

So I don't know...yeah other players contributed to those losses....but who exactly more than Cutler? I get it that QBs are bound to make more mistakes, it just seems like he makes a lot when he loses.

But keep defending him, maybe you're right. I don't care. I am fucking sick of this shit. I don't see crap like this on Denver's board, and Brady has two bad weeks out of 14 YEARS and people start questioning him, that is over-reacting. Has Cutler baked a cake of good will? When? I didn't get a piece.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I do think the Bears will win in New England. I'm betting they use all this turmoil to prove everyone wrong and play a big game. Remember the Pats were in a similar situation a few weeks ago. Lots of turmoil with Brady upset and even talk that Brady wasn't gonna finish his career with the Pats. They looked in shambles, but they used it as motivation and have played great since. We have to hope the Bears can do the same.

Possibly. New England did just lose a better defender (Chandler Jones) than we have on our entire defense, and a week ago lost another better defender (Mayo) than we have on our whole defense. But don't tell some people that, they think the Bears are singularly unlucky this year with injuries. Whatever.

We might win this weekend. No Jones means weaker pass rush so Cutler won't be so pressured and maybe he will have a good game. Plus, matchup-wise our D Line actually stacks up pretty well against the current New England line. Hard to believe but true, and that's huge.

But Cutler is no Brady, that's for sure. We will find out it that matters. Since Cutler is getting twice the money Brady is, I'd hope it shows.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tdog" would have to go Martz on Cutler, that is, remove his ability to audible. Both Trestman and Jay said that Jay audibled out of a bunch of plays in the first half do to the Defensive match up. So unless you remove this from Jay's repertoire, calling more "run" plays isn't the answer.

Thats fine- As I said to idiot- the commitment to run the football has to come from the coaching staff during the week of preparation leading up to the game. NC- Do you really think he checked out of that many plays that resulted in 2 first half rushes, and a total of 14 for the game? I really have a hard time believing that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine- As I said to idiot- the commitment to run the football has to come from the coaching staff during the week of preparation leading up to the game. NC- Do you really think he checked out of that many plays that resulted in 2 first half rushes, and a total of 14 for the game? I really have a hard time believing that.

I am just wondering if the checks from runs to forte are what are padding Matts reception numbers. Matt ends up getting past that first hit because he does not have the ball yet, then its a quick dump off and he is to the second level. Maybe thats part of the problem, those are the plays that are working so Cutler does not consider he should not keep doing it.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just wondering if the checks from runs to forte are what are padding Matts reception numbers. Matt ends up getting past that first hit because he does not have the ball yet, then its a quick dump off and he is to the second level. Maybe thats part of the problem, those are the plays that are working so Cutler does not consider he should not keep doing it.

Good point. If thats the case, youd think a film session that points out how often thats occurring would go a long way towards helping fix that.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC- Do you really think he checked out of that many plays that resulted in 2 first half rushes, and a total of 14 for the game? I really have a hard time believing that.

What is being reported (mentioned it a lot over the week on 670 the Score) is, yea, Jay checked out of the majority of the run plays called in the first half, the coaching staff made an adjustment at the half, basically telling Jay NOT to check our of run plays or to check to a different run play like Left instead of Right. But, once you've dug a hole, you really can't do a lot of running, you end up having to pass to try to catch up quickly.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is being reported (mentioned it a lot over the week on 670 the Score) is, yea, Jay checked out of the majority of the run plays called in the first half, the coaching staff made an adjustment at the half, basically telling Jay NOT to check our of run plays or to check to a different run play like Left instead of Right. But, once you've dug a hole, you really can't do a lot of running, you end up having to pass to try to catch up quickly.

Thanks NC- Thats interesting. Some of the things I read in the Trib mildly suggested otherwise...but who knows. Bottom line is wherever this is coming from- it cant continue to happen, IMO.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks NC- Thats interesting. Some of the things I read in the Trib mildly suggested otherwise...but who knows. Bottom line is wherever this is coming from- it cant continue to happen, IMO.

The thing is, if he checks off to a pass, he better darn well make the pass. What was frustrating to me is, we need 5 yards and Jay chooses to toss a harder to complete long ball to AJ... or later in the game, AJ's defender falls down on 3rd and 5ish, Jay tosses the ball over AJ, wide open, for a covered BM. Frustrating has heck, forgetting for a second the int's.

But yes, the Bears had a better mix in the 3rd quarter run/pass. Will be interesting to see what happens in the Patriots game. They have some D line issues which should play into the Bears favor.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

I really have no desire to read this thread and get absorbed into another Jay Cutler argument, so I'll refrain.

However, as the former leader of the Jay Cutler nut hugger party. I'm VERY close to turning on him all together.

His ass is really on the line right now. He better fucking show up Sunday, and for the rest of the season. That's all I can say.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

I really have no desire to read this thread and get absorbed into another Jay Cutler argument, so I'll refrain.

However, as the former leader of the Jay Cutler nut hugger party. I'm VERY close to turning on him all together.

His ass is really on the line right now. He better fucking show up Sunday, and for the rest of the season. That's all I can say.

See, thats what starts the Cutler arguments. Nobody, I mean nobody is taking sides against cutler in this thread. If you are reading it that way, you have now convinced me that there is no way to post about cutler without you reading it as hate. Cutler checks out of a handoff to Forte, but instead throws him a pass for positive yardage is not negative. He is actually saving Forte from the 300 pound lineman hit.

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Jay's defense, Peyton Manning has had a few stinker of a game in his career. even his super bowl against the Bears he wasn't all that great. Got to protect Jay with a running game, and the posts here about Forte are spot on, he is the best RB, not being suspended for disciplining his 4 year old, in the NFL, imho.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Urlacher on local radio 87.7 yesterday. "The only thing elite about Jay Cutler is his paycheck."

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Urlacher on local radio 87.7 yesterday. "The only thing elite about Jay Cutler is his paycheck."

If you're going to quote someone- Please get it right- and not just the headline.

“Financially, he is one of the elite guys in the NFL … he just hasn’t produced like an elite quarterback,” the former linebacker said on 87.7 FM The Game. “You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgers, the Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them.
“Rodgers has no offensive line. He wins. Brady has no receivers. He wins.
“And you look at Jay. He’s got Brandon (Marshall), Alshon (Jeffery), Matt (Forte), this great offensive line, Martellus Bennett,and they can’t seem to put it together, for some reason. I’m not sure if that’s his fault, but for some reason they just can’t figure it out.”

It's been very well known that Urlacher didn't/doesn't like Jay. He takes shots at him all the time. The Meatballs eat it up. IMO he's an ass. Not just because of the Cutler things... But because since he left the NFL he has had this pissy attitude toward the Bears- WHO were the ONLY team to offer him a contract. He turned it down. Thought another team would pay more, they didn't. He retired. Then he got all bent out of shape when the team went Offensive. And fired Lovie... *in this same interview he had to point out that "Lovie wouldn't have let that yelling in the Locker room happen"

While he might be right in some aspects- He comes off like an Asshat to me. Not a fan of "retired" Urlacher. Great Player- stupid person. (he doesn't get that he could be making HUGE money in Chicago if just stayed diplomatic and embraced the team instead of taking every chance to bash every move they've made since he left.)

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to quote someone- Please get it right- and not just the headline.

“Financially, he is one of the elite guys in the NFL … he just hasn’t produced like an elite quarterback,” the former linebacker said on 87.7 FM The Game. “You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgers, the Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them.
“And you look at Jay. He’s got Brandon (Marshall), Alshon (Jeffery), Matt (Forte), this great offensive line, Martellus Bennett,and they can’t seem to put it together, for some reason. I’m not sure if that’s his fault, but for some reason they just can’t figure it out.”

It's been very well known that Urlacher didn't/doesn't like Jay. He takes shots at him all the time. The Meatballs eat it up. IMO he's an ass. Not just because of the Cutler things... But because since he left the NFL he has had this pissy attitude toward the Bears- WHO were the ONLY team to offer him a contract. He turned it down. Thought another team would pay more, they didn't. He retired. Then he got all bent out of shape when the team went Offensive. And fired Lovie... *in this same interview he had to point out that "Lovie wouldn't have let that yelling in the Locker room happen"

While he might be right in some aspects- He comes off like an Asshat to me. Not a fan of "retired" Urlacher. Great Player- stupid person. (he doesn't get that he could be making HUGE money in Chicago if just stayed diplomatic and embraced the team instead of taking every chance to bash every move they've made since he left.)

Regardless of whether you like Urlacher or not, he is correct. Cutler hasn't led this team like an "elite" QB is expected to lead, but he still paid like an upper tier QB. Think of it this way: What would the Bears record be if Brady, AR, or Manning was under center? That's the difference between Cutler and successful QBs.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether you like Urlacher or not, he is correct. Cutler hasn't led this team like an "elite" QB is expected to lead, but he still paid like an upper tier QB. Think of it this way: What would the Bears record be if Brady, AR, or Manning was under center? That's the difference between Cutler and successful QBs.

That's fine... and I have defended Jay a lot, but in all my time defending Jay... I have NEVER called him "elite". So I don't see the issue.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is overpaid. Most of us said this day one.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, thats what starts the Cutler arguments. Nobody, I mean nobody is taking sides against cutler in this thread. If you are reading it that way, you have now convinced me that there is no way to post about cutler without you reading it as hate. Cutler checks out of a handoff to Forte, but instead throws him a pass for positive yardage is not negative. He is actually saving Forte from the 300 pound lineman hit.

I didn't take a side either. So… what in the hell are you talking about?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's unreal the things I've been saying about Jay and I get lambasted for it.
Jay has everything a qb wants/needs and still can't get it done.

BU is spot on what I've been saying for a long long time....

Hate to tell you guys I told you so.....But I ......you so.lol

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler must play a perfect game in order to beat the patriots. Brady is 86 and 13 at home. If the Bears lose their season is over.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:
It's unreal the things I've been saying about Jay and I get lambasted for it.
Jay has everything a qb wants/needs and still can't get it done.

BU is spot on what I've been saying for a long long time....

Hate to tell you guys I told you so.....But I ......you so.lol

Nobody here ever said Jay was an elite QB. lol