• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Jalen Hurts already a top 15 QB in the NFL?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is known for being a good passer 1st. Think I already mentioned that.
Yea even coming out of College RW has been known as a QB who can run not as a running QB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys. We're getting mixed signals here. RTK was just telling us all how awesome Reagor is and the Fulgham is the best WR in the NFC East.

You guys need to get together and make up your minds what the hell the Eagles have and where

Well they do have a very good RB that Dougie doesn't use very often.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea even coming out of College RW has been known as a QB who can run not as a running QB.
Yeah he is more like Steve Young. (who also won a superbowl)
You said it best.
A QB that can run, not a running QB. (I like that)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reagor is going to be really good in the NFL. There is no doubt about that with the potential that he flashes. He's a playmaker and will only get better. Also very excited to see Fulgham next season with Alshon gone taking snaps from him. Greg Ward has established himself as a very clutch and quality reliable slot WR. Rookies Hightower and Watkins have also flashed.

I'm fine with the Eagles skill position players going forward. They however desperately need to add a young cornerstone blue chip player or two through the draft. Cox and Graham are getting old and they haven't been able to add a great young defensive player since those two. The time has come for that. The offensive line is also getting old banged up. Mailata is the answer at LT. Seumalo is solid at LG but they could easily improve there. Kelce is great but might retire after this season and if not will surely retire after the following season. Brooks is great but he is now coming off yet another very serious injury. Lane is great but he has now dealt with injuries for several years straight now. The Eagles need to invest further draft capital into the offensive line.

But skill position wise, Eagles offense is set for developing and growing with these players going forward.
With or with out Doug?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is known for being a good passer 1st. Think I already mentioned that.

Again, what a player is known for to you to is irrelevant to reality. You act as if Jalen Hurts is still the freshman at Alabama and he has only been able to run around and hasn't been able to pass to the ball thus far in the NFL. When in reality he has done very well passing the ball through his first 2 career starts comparable to other rookie QBs.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what a player is known for to you to is irrelevant to reality. You act as if Jalen Hurts is still the freshman at Alabama and he has only been able to run around and hasn't been able to pass to the ball thus far in the NFL. When in reality he has done very well passing the ball through his first 2 career starts comparable to other rookie QBs.
Yea to be fair I haven’t watched a ton of Hurts but what I have watched he’s not really close to a Lamar Jackson type

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is more like Steve Young. (who also won a superbowl)
You said it best.
A QB that can run, not a running QB. (I like that)

Fun facts, Russell Wilson is 3rd all time for QB career rushing yards. He also had a season early in his career where he ran for 849 yards which was the 5th most ever at the time for a QB. It is now the 6th most ever after Lamar's season last year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont know much about Hurts. he may very well become that Accomplished passer you are saying.
but what I pointed out is he is being known (as of right now) for his feet getting 1st downs over his passing. So I pointed out as long as that is the thing he will come crashing down eventually. These types always has a quick spark to their starts. if his passing becomes the 1st attribute. Then congrats. You will have a quality QB. DC's will adjust for his feet. Much harder to adjust to a quality Passer.

Right now his 1st attribute is considered his feet. So since I dont know much about him. That is what I have to go off of. So until otherwise, I put him in with those types of QBs.

Now on the positives.
Him leading his team to a victory against the Saints was impressive. Could he do that if that game comes 6 games into having film on him? Dunno.
Also the Cowboys were looking at drafting him apparently. They say he reminded them of Dak. Who as it turns out isn't to bad at passing the rock & have leadership skills.
if true. He being similar to Dak (but obviously faster) You might very well have your future QB. :thumb:

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun facts, Russell Wilson is 3rd all time for QB career rushing yards. He also had a season early in his career where he ran for 849 yards which was the 5th most ever at the time for a QB. It is now the 6th most ever after Lamar's season last year.
Yea but the 800 is kinda an outlier usually he’s right around mid 500s or lower. He’s not gonna put up the Lamar Jackson or Cam Newton type rushing yards every single year. He looks to pass and will run if that is the play design or there is no other option.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but the 800 is kinda an outlier usually he’s right around mid 500s or lower. He’s not gonna put up the Lamar Jackson or Cam Newton type rushing yards every single year. He looks to pass and will run if that is the play design or there is no other option.
Yeah Wilson was running for his life. (your O-line really sucked)
Not designed running plays.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mid-500s is certainly a running aspect to a QBs game. Pocket passers aren't coming close to touching that number. McNabb used to run for around 500 a season early career when he used that valuable part of his game. Later he tried to remove it from his game and make it a point to try to play like a pocket passer which he wasn't and that is why he just wasn't as good as he was early in his career.

Nothing wrong with that being an aspect of Wilson's game.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mid-500s is certainly a running aspect to a QBs game. Pocket passers aren't coming close to touching that number. McNabb used to run for around 500 a season early career when he used that valuable part of his game. Later he tried to remove it from his game and make it a point to try to play like a pocket passer which he wasn't and that is why he just wasn't as good as he was early in his career.

Nothing wrong with that being an aspect of Wilson's game.
Yea I don’t disagree that he can run and will if given the opportunity, but he’s trying to pass before he try’s to run

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I don’t disagree that he can run and will if given the opportunity, but he’s trying to pass before he try’s to run

From what I have seen from Hurts he has also being trying to pass before he runs. But if things are breaking down around him and he sees an opportunity to pick up enough yards for the first down then he will take that.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have seen from Hurts he has also being trying to pass before he runs. But if things are breaking down around him and he sees an opportunity to pick up enough yards for the first down then he will take that.
I had already said earlier I think in this thread. But I don’t think Hurts is a Lamar or Cam type

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually a fan of Jalen. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread what a good guy he was when he was demoted for Tua at Alabama and I've always felt the same way.

But this talk after a couple of games is beyond idiotic, this thread may not age well for the opening poster

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking he'd have to be ranked behind CJ Beathard. If we consider that Beathard lead an undermanned 49ers team to a win against the Cardinals and that's something Hurts couldn't accomplish. With that in mind, we would have to consider where CJ Beathard ranks in the NFL QB rankings and then put Hurts behind him. I don't think anybody would rank Beathard 14th or higher, so no, not in the top 15.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking he'd have to be ranked behind CJ Beathard. If we consider that Beathard lead an undermanned 49ers team to a win against the Cardinals and that's something Hurts couldn't accomplish. With that in mind, we would have to consider where CJ Beathard ranks in the NFL QB rankings and then put hurts behind him. I don't think anybody would rank Beathard 14th or higher, so no, not in the top 15.
Awkward Season 9 GIF by The Office