• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Jalen Hurts already a top 15 QB in the NFL?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts was essentially two different QB's in college IMO. I don't think it can be overlooked him spending a full year with Lincoln Riley at OU and what that did for him. He's been around some really great offensive minds in college, which probably has helped him early on so far. Going from Kiffin to Sark to Riley is great to put on your resume.

He's definitely developed as a throwing QB since his Bama days, where it was one quick read and then him taking off. But he can still improve upon that. I've been pleasantly surprised with him as a thrower. I wasn't all that high on him as a prospect coming in because I did think he was limited throwing it. He's shown better touch than I anticipated as well, and this is coming from someone who watched a lot of him in college.

He's still a work in progress, but the early returns are encouraging. For this particular Eagles team he makes more sense because of his mobility, awareness and pocket presence. 3 think Wentz lacks now, and this Eagles team needs because of the poor O-line play.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had already said earlier I think in this thread. But I don’t think Hurts is a Lamar or Cam type

Probably in between them. He's not as fast as Lamar or as powerful as Cam, but he's more powerful than Lamar and slightly faster than Cam. As a thrower I think he can be as productive as them, as far as accuracy. He's completing 55% of his throws in 2 starts, which obviously needs to improve, but 3/4 of those were essentially hail mary type throws at the end of the Cardinals game.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tua benched twice, not a word......wentz wants traded

Schefter was pressed on that and said he got his information not from Wentz or his Agent. He started to back track a lot on that report.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 2020 draft could be redone, when would Burrow, Herbert, Tua, and Hurts be picked?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume he's fully healthy next season.

1. Burrow
2. Herbert
3. Hurts
4. Tua

EDIT:

Assuming he is fully healthy next season doesn't erase the severe injury he got though and the possible implications going forward. That said, I would actually go:

1. Herbert
2. Burrow
3. Hurts
4. Tua

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Burrow
2. Herbert
3. Hurts
4. Tua

EDIT:

Assuming he is fully healthy next season doesn't erase the severe injury he got though and the possible implications going forward. That said, I would actually go:

1. Herbert
2. Burrow
3. Hurts
4. Tua

I would pick Herbert either way. The arm talent and deep ball accuracy is incredible. However, I think you're right that Cincy would still pick Burrow without the injury.

Hurts v. Tua is very tough because we've only seen 2 Hurts games, but that it's close is pretty incredible. NFL GMs might still feel safer picking Tua. Hurts' s throwing motion doesn't look fluid to me, but at least he seems a lot more willing to throw the ball, unlike Tua, and it seems like his arm is stronger than Tua's.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you guys on Herbert. Definitely the real deal. Rocket launcher off that right shoulder and completely unfazed by the big stage. We will see if the Chargers bring in a new coach that doesn't try to lose games with stupid decisions.
Burrow is in that same catagory but we won't know 100 % until 2022. He will get back next season but let's face it. It takes some time to "really" get back, if you know what I mean. The kid has heart and moxie by the look of things and if Cincy can just be smart this one time, they could have a great franchise QB for a long time and actually have success. Not sure the Bungles don't fuck this up though. How in the holy hell does a modern NFL team not have an indoor practice facility? Seriously, smh.
Hurts is off to a good start. Happy for him as he really is a likeable kid. Has some of that "it" factor. Not afraid of the spotlight, willing to put in the work and just go play ball. Still a little raw in some ways but makes people better around him. As with the other teams, have to see what the organization does. Philly has a lot of underlying issues that need to be addressed.
Tua is a smart kid and likeable as hell. He is also on a team being built the right way that could contend for awhile. He has to get over his fear of pulling the trigger though or he will never develop fully. Don't know if you all saw last night after Fitz got them in position to win but he was teaching Tua on the sideline. I think he was telling him that sometimes you just gave to trust the receiver to get the ball and take your shot. Tua protects the ball to the point of losing games because plays aren't made. Tua also doesn't have pure arm strength as evident when he scrambles. Throws are light when off his legs. I do think with a bonafide #1 WR and some playmakers, he can be good enough to succeed.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’m guessing the breaks get pumped on Hurts after today.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thread that worked out well :suds:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’m guessing the breaks get pumped on Hurts after today.
you underestimate the ignorance in this one. He will probably double down like his teacher PE1 would have.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RememberTheKoy I think just behind CJ Beathard is just about right, or at least better than your top 15 call...what do you think?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they put a statute outside the stadium of Hurts yet? It should look great next to the one of Foles. I bet Wentz will love it!