• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, if I didn't say it above I clearly said it in the game thread, but this loss was for sure on the D. Particularly again the LB's.

I've said before that I hate to shit on our players but Kyler Manu shouldn't be playing. I find it hard to believe that the coaches believe him to be a better option than Ariel Ngata.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say. I doubt the refs have the entire rulebook memorized, and even if they did it appears that it's just a judgement call based on your interpretation of the rules. Personally I don't think a flag should've been thrown, but I can see why they did it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is only 3.14 catches per game. Also that stat is miss leading since its 13 games there was games where he didn't have a catch.

My point is this, when it is a big game, he disappears, 3 catches from one of "your dudes" is not cutting it. And lets face it they threw the ball at least 30 times. He has 1 TD so far in the season, where does he go in the red zone? With this team and all the talk about red zone problems where is this guy at?

Double team on him? Okay but Oregon ran a ton of zone the other day, a Mackey Nominee this year can't find the soft spot in zone coverage? He's a tight end they are taught in high school how to find the open field.

Im sorry but to me this kid hasn't lived up to the hype of the stars

3.14 catches per game for an average of 53 yards per game is poor? In games that he has played in, he has been one of our most explosive weapons.

His "only 3 catches" accounted for 65 yards. No other player on the team had more receiving yards than him. Only two TEs in the country have more receiving yards than him this year and they play for Western Michigan and Florida Atlantic.

You know I love you man, but I think you're really wrong on this. No power-5 program has a TE with more receiving yards than Bryant.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3.14 catches per game for an average of 53 yards per game is poor? In games that he has played in, he has been one of our most explosive weapons.

His "only 3 catches" accounted for 65 yards. No other player on the team had more receiving yards than him. Only two TEs in the country have more receiving yards than him this year and they play for Western Michigan and Florida Atlantic.

You know I love you man, but I think you're really wrong on this. No power-5 program has a TE with more receiving yards than Bryant.

I hear you and understand but I believe bigger the game, he disappears...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you and understand but I believe bigger the game, he disappears...

I guess we'll agree to disagree. My only issue with him this season were the drops against Stanford. I think he has played very well, but if you're expecting a TE to take over a game in today's college football, I think your expectations might be a bit high.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll agree to disagree. My only issue with him this season were the drops against Stanford. I think he has played very well, but if you're expecting a TE to take over a game in today's college football, I think your expectations might be a bit high.

Um yeah wise is that?

I mean alot of these coaches have the NFL background, so why couldn't they target a certain player more then once or twice? They install packages where a TE can take a seam route and just abuse a LB all day long. ( have you seen the Dawgs QB, kid can drop dimes anywhere)

Not knowing who the play is really suppose to go too, and who is the main target on a certain pass we will never know, but I'm telling you if Bryant could get better separation or run a route better his 3.5 catches per game would be in the 6 or 7 catches per game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um yeah wise is that?

I mean alot of these coaches have the NFL background, so why couldn't they target a certain player more then once or twice? They install packages where a TE can take a seam route and just abuse a LB all day long. ( have you seen the Dawgs QB, kid can drop dimes anywhere)

Not knowing who the play is really suppose to go too, and who is the main target on a certain pass we will never know, but I'm telling you if Bryant could get better separation or run a route better his 3.5 catches per game would be in the 6 or 7 catches per game.

I don't know what it is but in the NFL a TE can take over a game, but that doesn't seem to be the case in college football irrespective of their talent. If you use yards per catch and yards per game as a parameter, Hunter Bryant has played very well. The only thing he's lacking are the catches per game which you brought up.

You could have a point that he's not being utilized correctly or he may not be getting adequate separation, but when he has had the separation he needs he has made big plays. Also with the way that Petersen/Hamden like to utilize their TEs, Bryant has been somewhat of an aberration in terms of how many targets he has received.

I think Bryant has played well overall. Aside from the drops he has done his job and made some big plays. Albeit I will concede that he could be putting up bigger numbers if the game plan was designed better. Will Dissly for example had 25 catches for 336 yards and 3 TDs in 24 games with the Huskies. In 10 games with the Seahawks he has 41 catches for 418 yards and 6 TDs because they did a great job incorporating him on seam routes down the middle.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty surprising to me. He probably would've had the slot WR job after Chico McClatcher graduates. I have to say that it's a bit suspect that this comes out after we lost to Oregon, his brother ran track for Oregon and he's from Portland.

Hopefully he pulls a Sirmon and changes his mind.
UW is pretty loaded at WR after this season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is pretty loaded at WR after this season.

True but if I recall correctly, most of the guys we've signed/have commitments from project more as outside WRs whereas Trey Lowe fits the slot WR role that Chico provided his freshman year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what it is but in the NFL a TE can take over a game, but that doesn't seem to be the case in college football irrespective of their talent. If you use yards per catch and yards per game as a parameter, Hunter Bryant has played very well. The only thing he's lacking are the catches per game which you brought up.

You could have a point that he's not being utilized correctly or he may not be getting adequate separation, but when he has had the separation he needs he has made big plays. Also with the way that Petersen/Hamden like to utilize their TEs, Bryant has been somewhat of an aberration in terms of how many targets he has received.

I think Bryant has played well overall. Aside from the drops he has done his job and made some big plays. Albeit I will concede that he could be putting up bigger numbers if the game plan was designed better. Will Dissly for example had 25 catches for 336 yards and 3 TDs in 24 games with the Huskies. In 10 games with the Seahawks he has 41 catches for 418 yards and 6 TDs because they did a great job incorporating him on seam routes down the middle.

Aw we can go back and forth on this one until the cows come home. Everyone is not always going see eye to eye on a topic or person and that's cool. I was just expressing what I see and feel about this guy

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw we can go back and forth on this one until the cows come home. Everyone is not always going see eye to eye on a topic or person and that's cool. I was just expressing what I see and feel about this guy

Fair enough brother. You know I respect your opinion. I guess we'll agree to disagree :suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well another big week with #9 coming into town!

This match up is always a slug fest. Its like the Dawgs and Utes and try to see who can hit the hardest.