• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ain’t on Bush nor the coaching staff, it comes down to the players and making the plays. I ve already come out and said I was hoping for bigger goal this season and that was over looking the big picture and that was foolish knowing this was going to be a young inexperienced team

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to how well you guys have turned around this year. After those demoralizing defeats at home against Oregon and Utah I'm actually more worried about our game against you guys than I probably should be.
If they found a way to lose to Oregon State I'd demand someone gets fired. I don't care how many injuries you are facing, you can't drop THAT low. Period.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of a 2020 season type post but looking at the depth chart at the start of this season it looks like UW will be losing four of its starting OL after this year.

2019depth.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ain’t on Bush nor the coaching staff, it comes down to the players and making the plays. I ve already come out and said I was hoping for bigger goal this season and that was over looking the big picture and that was foolish knowing this was going to be a young inexperienced team

It's a relatively minor gripe, but the clock management was awful this game. It likely wouldn't have changed the outcome though. I think the defense will be much better next year with more experience, but I worry about the offense in 2020 given that we stand to potentially lose most of the starters. There's a possibility that Ahmed, Bryant and Eason all declare for the draft.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of a 2020 season type post but looking at the depth chart at the start of this season it looks like UW will be losing four of its starting OL after this year.

2019depth.jpg

Adams, Harris and Hilbers will all graduate but I think that'll be all we lose. Huskies have recruited really well in recent years at offensive line so hopefully the drop off won't be too substantial. My biggest concern is the possibility of losing Ahmed, Bryant and Eason.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a relatively minor gripe, but the clock management was awful this game. It likely wouldn't have changed the outcome though. I think the defense will be much better next year with more experience, but I worry about the offense in 2020 given that we stand to potentially lose most of the starters. There's a possibility that Ahmed, Bryant and Eason all declare for the draft.

There is that chance offense losses a lot to the draft next year.

Eason's corner should be telling him to come back. He's not going first round until he cleans some things up. Yes his arm is NFL ready, but his game management is terrible, his vision gets one sided and if he really wants to show commitment, he would finish out his college career since he left Georgia, it gives the NFL scouts that fuzzy warm feeling that he wont bale when the pressure is on.

Harris, can't ask for a better guy that we had the pleasure of watching him growing up in front of our eyes! ( Remember that little freshman against Bama) Nick is a 1-3 round pick hands down.

Adams, What this kid has done time and time again coming back from career ending injuries, is just amazing. I really hope he gets that first round call, but watching him the last couple weeks he's been getting bull rushed time and time again, I hope its just something in his technique they can fix.

As for the rest, the runningback room isnt going to miss a beat, I love Newton. Those 6'+ 230 backs get me giddy, they can take a pounding and just keep coming play after play.

The TE's group has really impressed me, Otton has really turned it on. He is that true tightend that can block and his hands on 3rd are the best in the Pac12.

The question that will be the at the front of the line for spring ball is can these younger wide outs hold on to the ball?
I think the hype train took way the hell off with Browning graduating and Eason coming home. Nobody thought we would see the day this defense would finally be average.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not optimistic the problems at LB vanish and they suddenly are good next year. They lost a lot the last year. That entire unit is young. Will still be starting underclassmen next season. I'd love to see them go after someone in the portal or a jc transfer just to add some age.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the LB stuff can work it's self out if they can find/make one of them a true tackling machine.
Their defense is designed for the LB's to be the leaders in tackles on the team. The front 3 or 4 are to invade the gaps and draw the double and triple teams that can free up a LB to move in and give the kill shot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure they won't suck as much next year, but I don't expect them to reach the levels of the last 4 to 5 years on that unit as they are built right now.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you lose the Shelton's, Gaines of this program you take a major hit on the defensive side.
Space eaters like them don't grow on trees and they have to fully understand the position they play and why they move Olinemen a certain side

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is only 3.14 catches per game. Also that stat is miss leading since its 13 games there was games where he didn't have a catch.

My point is this, when it is a big game, he disappears, 3 catches from one of "your dudes" is not cutting it. And lets face it they threw the ball at least 30 times. He has 1 TD so far in the season, where does he go in the red zone? With this team and all the talk about red zone problems where is this guy at?

Double team on him? Okay but Oregon ran a ton of zone the other day, a Mackey Nominee this year can't find the soft spot in zone coverage? He's a tight end they are taught in high school how to find the open field.

Im sorry but to me this kid hasn't lived up to the hype of the stars

I am just going to leave this here

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is that chance offense losses a lot to the draft next year.

Eason's corner should be telling him to come back. He's not going first round until he cleans some things up. Yes his arm is NFL ready, but his game management is terrible, his vision gets one sided and if he really wants to show commitment, he would finish out his college career since he left Georgia, it gives the NFL scouts that fuzzy warm feeling that he wont bale when the pressure is on.

Harris, can't ask for a better guy that we had the pleasure of watching him growing up in front of our eyes! ( Remember that little freshman against Bama) Nick is a 1-3 round pick hands down.

Adams, What this kid has done time and time again coming back from career ending injuries, is just amazing. I really hope he gets that first round call, but watching him the last couple weeks he's been getting bull rushed time and time again, I hope its just something in his technique they can fix.

As for the rest, the runningback room isnt going to miss a beat, I love Newton. Those 6'+ 230 backs get me giddy, they can take a pounding and just keep coming play after play.

The TE's group has really impressed me, Otton has really turned it on. He is that true tightend that can block and his hands on 3rd are the best in the Pac12.

The question that will be the at the front of the line for spring ball is can these younger wide outs hold on to the ball?
I think the hype train took way the hell off with Browning graduating and Eason coming home. Nobody thought we would see the day this defense would finally be average.

I agree regarding Eason's flaws but there have been QBs who don't have the same arm talent/size of Eason and the same mistakes taken in the first round. I think there is a strong possibility that a team will look at the incredible throws he can make and figure his flaws can be ironed out in the NFL. My biggest concern with him is that whenever he doesn't have a clean pocket, he is completely awful.

If I'm correct there is some sort of committee that tells potential NFL prospects where they would be drafted, and that could impact his decision. I agree that it's probably best for his draft position to come back, but if he even gets a second round grade he could bolt to the NFL under the assumption he could still be selected in the first round with an impressive combine performance.

As well as Nick Harris has played and how much of a leader he is, I'd find it unlikely he'd go in the first or second round out of size concerns. If I had to speculate I'd say he's a 3-5th round pick.

I hate to say it but I have no idea where Trey Adams will be drafted. He has been inconsistent and there is a possibility that those injuries have taken a serious toll on his body and teams may be concerned as a result. I think most have him as a first or second round pick though.

I want to see Ahmed come back but I agree that even if he doesn't, there are a lot of reasons for optimism. Newton looked like a monster, McGrew has taken a step forward, Cam Davis is a former 4* prospect and they'll also be adding Sam Adams.

Given the way we've recruited at WR I am optimistic even after losing McClatcher, Fuller, etc. Puka Nacua is going to be an absolute monster next year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not optimistic the problems at LB vanish and they suddenly are good next year. They lost a lot the last year. That entire unit is young. Will still be starting underclassmen next season. I'd love to see them go after someone in the portal or a jc transfer just to add some age.

I don't think that the problems at ILB will suddenly disappear, but I really don't think they could be worse than they are right now. I have absolutely no idea why Manu is regularly playing. Josh Calvert and Daniel Heimuli are both promising and hopefully one or both of them steps up. Ariel Ngata has also played pretty well when he has been playing ILB. Also with our interior defensive linemen getting more experience, it could help the Husky linebackers going forward.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you lose the Shelton's, Gaines of this program you take a major hit on the defensive side.
Space eaters like them don't grow on trees and they have to fully understand the position they play and why they move Olinemen a certain side

I agree. Our young DTs have played pretty well and have continued to get better. I'm beating a dead horse, but with the way the inside linebackers have played, you could put Ndamukong Suh and Aaron Donald on the interior and I don't think it would make the linebackers play better. Obviously a bit of an exaggeration, but if the linebackers can't maintain gap integrity and miss tackles at the second level, the best DTs in the world won't save your ass.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that the problems at ILB will suddenly disappear, but I really don't think they could be worse than they are right now. I have absolutely no idea why Manu is regularly playing. Josh Calvert and Daniel Heimuli are both promising and hopefully one or both of them steps up. Ariel Ngata has also played pretty well when he has been playing ILB. Also with our interior defensive linemen getting more experience, it could help the Husky linebackers going forward.

It depends on the style of offenses they are playing against and what their reads are, sometime with younger players they have tendency of stepping to far on read options ( zone read) QB could be his assignment so when the QB looks like he's going to give it to the RB put pulls it out last second that linebacker has already committed to that run on the RB...