• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Best QB in Every College Football Conference for 2018

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best QB in the Big 10 is on PSU's bench.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Sun Belt: Justice Hansen, Arkansas State

2017 Highlights

Justice Hansen began his career at Oklahoma but never got on the field. Since coming to Arkansas State, he's hardly left it when the Red Wolves have the ball, starting their last 22 games with 15 victories. Last year he threw for 3,967 yards and a conference-record 37 touchdowns and ran for seven more scores.

Hansen had at least 300 yards of total offense in 10 of 12 games in 2017, throwing for 415 yards against Nebraska and logging 550 total yards against Lousiana-Monroe.

Why He'll Star in 2018

Hansen needs to cut down on his interceptions (16 in 487 pass attempts last year, with 10 coming in Arkansas State's five losses), and he is losing four of the seven receivers who had at least 25 catches.

He doesn't lack confidence, though, so expect him to keep on firing even as the Red Wolves open with a tough non-league slate that includes a Week 2 trip to Alabama.

Top Competition

Six of the top eight passers in the Sun Belt last season have graduated, with Louisiana-Monroe's Caleb Evans the second-most prolific of the returning lot. In 2017, he threw for 2,868 yards and 17 touchdowns with a trio of 400-yard games.

Other challengers could emerge depending on if any Sun Belt teams pick up a graduate transfer quarterback.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with this. All the rest are unknown or have question marks.

And, Coach GQ may have to suit up for the Red Faders to have a QB. Tech usually spits 'em out to other places i.e. Mayfield, Webb, etal. Looks like KK hasn't been watching his six lately as far as QBs go. When's the last time Tech didn't have a viable option at QB?

They started some dude against us this year instead of Shimonek. He didn't exactly light it up and was benched when they came back and beat us. Supposedly though, he beat Shimonek out in practice so maybe that will be their guy next year.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting this, some good names there, be interesting to see how they all pan out.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what Tagovailoa can do, but I agree about Drew Lock. He's probably highest on the NFL's list (from the SEC) as well.

It looks like Eason is heading back west to Husky land, so they'll be set up when Browning leaves, as well.

I would probably go with Lock too, but I could easily see Tua being better by this time next year .

Interested to see how Nick Fitzgerald recovers from his injury cause he’ll be up there too.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't see enough Bama folks respond to Tua, for me to judge.

Tua was the best bet they had vs UGA...and probably would have been vs Auburn.

BUT...does he fit the overall need for a Bama QB?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT Barrett finally graduated??? I figured he was just a lifer and play another 6 years there....

He used up his eligibility. Not the same as graduating. (But he may have done that, too. IDK)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used up his eligibility. Not the same as graduating. (But he may have done that, too. IDK)
I think they just signed his brother TJ Barrett who coincidentally looks exactly like JT.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't see enough Bama folks respond to Tua, for me to judge.

Tua was the best bet they had vs UGA...and probably would have been vs Auburn.

BUT...does he fit the overall need for a Bama QB?

Good point, where can a QB that's able to look off defenders and throw a dart for 40 yards like a seasoned pro and is also mobile at the same time but is still a passing first QB fit into an offense.

latest

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Sun Belt: Justice Hansen, Arkansas State

2017 Highlights

Justice Hansen began his career at Oklahoma but never got on the field. Since coming to Arkansas State, he's hardly left it when the Red Wolves have the ball, starting their last 22 games with 15 victories. Last year he threw for 3,967 yards and a conference-record 37 touchdowns and ran for seven more scores.

Hansen had at least 300 yards of total offense in 10 of 12 games in 2017, throwing for 415 yards against Nebraska and logging 550 total yards against Lousiana-Monroe.

Why He'll Star in 2018

Hansen needs to cut down on his interceptions (16 in 487 pass attempts last year, with 10 coming in Arkansas State's five losses), and he is losing four of the seven receivers who had at least 25 catches.

He doesn't lack confidence, though, so expect him to keep on firing even as the Red Wolves open with a tough non-league slate that includes a Week 2 trip to Alabama.

Top Competition

Six of the top eight passers in the Sun Belt last season have graduated, with Louisiana-Monroe's Caleb Evans the second-most prolific of the returning lot. In 2017, he threw for 2,868 yards and 17 touchdowns with a trio of 400-yard games.

Other challengers could emerge depending on if any Sun Belt teams pick up a graduate transfer quarterback.

He came close to winning at Nebraska this year.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, where can a QB that's able to look off defenders and throw a dart for 40 yards like a seasoned pro and is also mobile at the same time but is still a passing first QB fit into an offense.

latest

Bama's not a throw first offense. He did a great job vs UGA, but Hurts has won a lot of
games with his legs and power. This kid ran the ball in a decent manner, but he's not
built like Hurts. Hurts can take the punishmnent of a season of running. Now they
can add the weight to him and strength, but if he gets dinged up over the course of
a season how does it affect his skills?

I don't give a shit what Bama decides, but I am not just going to award the new
starting job to Tua, based on one half of football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's not a throw first offense. He did a great job vs UGA, but Hurts has won a lot of
games with his legs and power. This kid ran the ball in a decent manner, but he's not
built like Hurts. Hurts can take the punishmnent of a season of running. Now they
can add the weight to him and strength, but if he gets dinged up over the course of
a season how does it affect his skills?

I don't give a shit what Bama decides, but I am not just going to award the new
starting job to Tua, based on one half of football.

Sorry, but you don't have the first clue what you are talking about.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to be sorry. If you cannot comprehend the English Language just take an online course.

You don't know shit about Alabama football. You say Alabama isn't a pass first team and yet Alabama fans have a saying of "RTDB". Which stands for "Run the Damn Ball" because we got sick and tired of Kiffin not running the ball and passing too much. In the Clemson game in 2016, Sark apparently completely forgot we had RB's.

Furthermore, in the Saban era we've only had 2 mobile QB's and it's those QB's who don't fit the traditional mold of Alabama QB's, not Tua. Those 2 are Blake Sims and Hurts. AJ was a pure passer and so was Coker. Not that it actually matters much because Tua is also extremely mobile and is able to run the read option - which you shoudl have seen him do against Georgia if you watched the game. Alabama won 0 National Championships with read option QB's and the 5 in the past 9 years have all come with passing QB's leading the team.

Finally, Saban always adapts the offense and defense to suit the players on the field. When Coker was on the field we didn't run the same plays as when Blake was on the field, etc. The idea that an Alabama QB needs to be built like Hurts makes me wonder exactly how long you've even been watching college football it's so damn ignorant.

So there isn't a damn thing wrong with my English comp, you just say stupid shit and you clearly don't have the first clue what you are talking about. I'm an Alabama fan and have been for 40 years, I actually do know a decent amount about Alabama football believe it or not.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and as far as Tua being able to run the read option and scrambles. What he actually needs to work on is tucking the damn ball when he runs because the way he holds it now is scary as fuck.