• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Best QB in Every College Football Conference for 2018

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know your conference has a QB problem when McSorley is considered the best of the bunch and Lewerke is the next best option.
If Patterson is eligible, neither of those two will make the top 2, and maybe not even the top 3.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So of the QB's that played in that game, Hurts is the one you compare?

:lol:

Ok...
It wasn't that long that your fanbase was all over Hurts. He navigated you guys to the title game, afterall.

It was more saying Locke is pretty good. To be fair, he had as good a game against UGA's vaunted D as any QB they faced this year, including Tua and Baker.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Patterson is eligible, neither of those two will make the top 2, and maybe not even the top 3.

McSorley is one of the best quarterbacks in the entire nation. Shea Patterson not so much. He’s good but he’s no where near that level.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid-American: Tyree Jackson, Buffalo

Gee maybe I'll go see the Bulls play next year. That will be the second time since I graduated 51 years ago.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McSorley is one of the best quarterbacks in the entire nation. Shea Patterson not so much. He’s good but he’s no where near that level.
Patterson is significantly more gifted and talented. If he plays this year, he'll outperform McSorely.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't that long that your fanbase was all over Hurts. He navigated you guys to the title game, afterall.

It was more saying Locke is pretty good. To be fair, he had as good a game against UGA's vaunted D as any QB they faced this year, including Tua and Baker.

He was a true freshman and had potential, but he could never see the field the way he needed to in order to compete the throws. Everyone hoped his passing game would improve, but it never happened.

Tua is nothing like Hurts and anyone who thinks so is only showing their ignorance.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson is significantly more gifted and talented. If he plays this year, he'll outperform McSorely.

Agree to disagree.

McSorley rating 157.1 (59 TDs to 18 INTs)
Patterson rating 141.2 (23 TDs to 12 INTs)

McSorley's clutch, a winner through and through. He's played on huge stages like the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, and Big 10 championship and come up massive. To me he's the best QB pretty much by far in the Big 10 whether Patterson plays this season or not.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC has a bunch of possibilities.

Bryant, from Clemson is a possibility

Ryan Finley from NC ST does a good job

Kendall Hinton makes Wake Forest tick. He reminds me of the kid at UCF

Eric Dungy of Syracuse. He is head and shoulders better than his back-ups, but
he gets hurt a lot running their offense.

Malik Rosier of Miami. He had a good first season but fell off the last 3 games
of the year.

The Jones kid from Duke. He was a steady player for them and was a prototype of
Cutcliffe's good Duke QB's.

Joshua Jackson from VPI. He was young. He looked like crap to me in their bowl game
but did have some good games.

James Blackmon at Florida State. Francois got in trouble with Taggert early, Taggert wanted
him hanging out with his teammates. Now he might be in trouble with the law. He wasn't
arrested and the witness said it was the girl that caused the ruckus, but you never know.
That ain't gonna impress Coach Willie either.

Blackmon needs more weight. I'd say a minimum of 21 lbs. I doubt he can add 21 good lbs.
This kid is a good runner and he has an arm. It was also surprising that he could take a hit
ly as frail as he was. He can throw better than Francois. The offense is gonna be "simplified."
(Thank Christ) so that should help both of them. Baily Hockman is a true frosh that redshirted
He was thought of higher coming in than Blackmon, so if Francois' knee won't let him go this
spring and/or he's not on the squad...Hockman and Blackman could be vying for the top spot

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Fine was going to be a PWO at Oklahoma State until UNT offered him a scholly late. Cool for him but part of me wonders what if. The article is generous listing him at 5'11" but he can ball. He isn't going to do better than the practice squad at the next level but our options next year are a 5th yr senior game manager or a true freshman who is salty but won't set foot on campus until June. I would have liked to see how a practice squad guy that can fling it fits into that mix.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question McSoreley's capabilities without Barkley on the team. I think he got a lot of opportunities in the passing game because teams were loaded up in the box trying to stop Barkley. It will be interesting to see if he can continue that without him.

Methinks the Penn State running game will continue to be quite a threat with 5-star RB Miles Sanders carrying the ball...incoming 5-star Freshman RB Ricky Slade should also be a force to be reckoned with in the Nittany Lions backfield.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 is:

View attachment 173371
And all these other QB's
Pretty much agree with this. All the rest are unknown or have question marks.

And, Coach GQ may have to suit up for the Red Faders to have a QB. Tech usually spits 'em out to other places i.e. Mayfield, Webb, etal. Looks like KK hasn't been watching his six lately as far as QBs go. When's the last time Tech didn't have a viable option at QB?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree.

McSorley rating 157.1 (59 TDs to 18 INTs)
Patterson rating 141.2 (23 TDs to 12 INTs)

McSorley's clutch, a winner through and through. He's played on huge stages like the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, and Big 10 championship and come up massive. To me he's the best QB pretty much by far in the Big 10 whether Patterson plays this season or not.
McSorely playing with the top RB in the nation and tons of NFL talent at TE and WR. Patterson, no.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Browning, seriously!?!? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think you forgot to add another 1 there to the ranking! LOL!!

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Best QB in Every College Football Conference for 2018

PAC-12: Jake Browning, Washington

1. 2017 Highlights

Even with the departure of Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and career passing leader Luke Falk, the Pac-12 returns more quarterback talent than any other conference. Jake Browning doesn't have the highest upside of that group, but he gets our nod as the best in the league because of what he's already accomplished at Washington.

Browning has started 39 of the Huskies' last 40 games, winning 25 of the last 30 as they have become the class of the Pac-12. Last year, he ranked second only to Baker Mayfield in completion percentage (68.5) and in his final four games was 72-of-103 for 812 yards with zero interceptions, getting picked just five times all of 2017.

Why He'll Star in 2018

Browning needs 812 yards to become Washington's career passing leader, but he won't have his main target as Dante Pettis has graduated. That will mean the senior must tap into his experience to develop the Huskies' young receiving corps into an effective unit.

Washington also brings back running back Myles Gaskin for his senior year, a big boost that gives it the top pass/run combo in the Pac-12 by a wide margin.

Top Competition

Nine Pac-12 schools return quarterbacks who started at least eight games in 2017, with Arizona State's Manny Wilkins (3,270 yards, 20 touchdowns) the most prolific of the group. California's Ross Bowers averaged the most passing yards per game, at 253.3, while Oregon's Justin Herbert tallied 20 total TDs in fewer than eight full games of action, with eight scores coming in the three games after returning from injury.

Of the lot, Arizona's Khalil Tate has the greatest potential for a monster 2018 season after what he accomplished last year. He ran for an FBS quarterback record 327 yards against Colorado in early October despite not starting the game and finished with 1,411 yards on the ground with 12 TDs to go with 1,591 passing yards and 14 scores.

Tate threw for 302 yards and five TDs in the Foster Farms Bowl, and now he will be coached by Kevin Sumlin, who turned Johnny Manziel into a Heisman Trophy winner at Texas A&M.
chris-petersen-and-jake-browning-092816-getty-ftrjpg_1skrfn4lwh2ir1x2ewkoyhco25.jpg
So what you're saying is that guise have to leave college from other teams so he's the best in his conference?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I like the kid, but Jake Browning is an extremely average QB

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what Tagovailoa can do, but I agree about Drew Lock. He's probably highest on the NFL's list (from the SEC) as well.

It looks like Eason is heading back west to Husky land, so they'll be set up when Browning leaves, as well.