• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking college football's easiest 2019 nonconference schedules - ESPN Insider

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy to be ranked down south when those teams avoid playing their own conference members while playing the least amount of P5 opponents in the country.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington plays 3 OOC games, the ACC and SEC play 4.

There are people driving cars that weren't alive the last time one of you pussies won a NC, how hard could it be to navigate that candy ass gauntlet. Meanwhile, we have 6 Champions since you won your share of one, lol.

9 Pac-12 games + 1 G5 game <<<<<<<8 SEC games +1 G5, hell, it's not even close, one of your chumps hasn't beaten a G5 team since 2015 and hasn't looked that sporty against FCS teams either...despite playing FCS opponents that are a combined 8-24, lol.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you're there for....

I went to Alabama for my MBA, Alabama's B-School #50, Clemson #79, Oregon #92.

or you could go to Law School....

Alabama #25, Oregon #83...I guess Clemson's law school is in Columbia...

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend anyone go to either of South Carolina's law schools. But Alabama is a hell of a law school for the South (I think it's only behind UVA, Duke, Vandy, and sometimes Emory). Not really related to the college though, and with as many lawyers as there are, I wouldn't recommend going anywhere outside the T14 without close to a full-ride. All those MBA programs aren't great, considering the massive drop-off after the M7 (I hate that all these new business schools are springing up, charging outrageous prices and offering low value degrees (Clemson's doing an online MBA now which is idiotic)). It devalues the entire field and just sticks a bunch of students with hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend anyone go to either of South Carolina's law schools. But Alabama is a hell of a law school for the South (I think it's only behind UVA, Duke, Vandy, and sometimes Emory). Not really related to the college though, and with as many lawyers as there are, I wouldn't recommend going anywhere outside the T14 without close to a full-ride. All those MBA programs aren't great, considering the massive drop-off after the M7 (I hate that all these new business schools are springing up, charging outrageous prices and offering low value degrees (Clemson's doing an online MBA now which is idiotic)). It devalues the entire field and just sticks a bunch of students with hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt.

Yeah, with 200,000+ MBA's minted every year now, I'm glad I got mine 25 years ago, but I wouldn't do it today. Not unless I got a full ride to a top 20, the value proposition just isn't there, the cost has far outstripped the benefit.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, with 200,000+ MBA's minted every year now, I'm glad I got mine 25 years ago, but I wouldn't do it today. Not unless I got a full ride to a top 20, the value proposition just isn't there, the cost has far outstripped the benefit.

Same with law school and me. But yeah, you're definitely right that Bama has some solid graduate degrees in the South.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other teams have decided to do it the SEC way. Make easy schedules to look good on paper.

Sign of the times.

I remember the 70s and early 80s, non conference games were pretty much all power 5 teams.

1970 Wake Forest, USCalifornia, Army, Minnesota
1971 Oregon, Minnesota, Texas AM,
1983 Penn State, Wyoming, Minnesota, UCLA, Syracuse
1994 West Virginia, Texas Tech, UCLA, Pacific, Wyoming
1995 Michigan State, Arizona State, pacific, Washington State

around this time, scheduling started to get wussified

1997 Akron, Central Florida, Washington

now it is

2019 South Alabama, at Colorado, and Northern Illinois

Now, all teams look at it as a cash cow instead of trying to entertain the fans. Teams need 7 or 8 home games for budgetary issues, and all that is happening is fans are beginning to be turned off by the boredom of crappy games.

All Nebraska have is a revenge game against Northern Illinois for non con excitement.

They do get good conference games with Ohio State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa all coming to Lincoln.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rutgers obviously gets a pass

they're just trying to win a game

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. Iowa has all beat in consistent OOC.

Every other season, they have to go to the Juggernaut Iowa State's Jack Trice.

Look at what they have coming up.

Screenshot_20190627-110601_Chrome.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington plays 3 OOC games, the ACC and SEC play 4.

:L

And one of them are an FCS program, E. Washington. You're such a hypocrite always complaining nonstop about other teams OOC schedules.