• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Stone brings up a good point about the 'qb competition' and Petersen's remarks.
This is the third time under Petersen that the Huskies have had an unsettled QB position leading up to the opener, bookending Browning’s final three years, after he claimed the job. In Petersen’s first year, Lindquist and Troy Williams vied to be Keith Price’s replacement for the opener against Hawaii (though Cyler Miles, suspended for the first game, would take over the job in Week 2).

Exactly one week before the opener, Petersen named Lindquist over Williams but said it was so close it came down to “splitting hairs.” He has used similar terminology to describe how close it came the next year between Browning and Carta-Samuels. And I suspect that when he eventually talks about this year’s decision, Petersen will frame it much the same way.
He seems to really want to keep his backups close to the vest. Get them more reps, keep them from transferring early by leaving them in a 'race' until game week, and help maintain their confidence and team support.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Stone brings up a good point about the 'qb competition' and Petersen's remarks.

He seems to really want to keep his backups close to the vest. Get them more reps, keep them from transferring early by leaving them in a 'race' until game week, and help maintain their confidence and team support.
I'd hate to be in Sirmon's shoes with Dylan Morris and soon to be Sam Huard in the wings.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to be in Sirmon's shoes with Dylan Morris and soon to be Sam Huard in the wings.
Next years battle will be just as big as this one if Eason does bail for the NFL (still a big if). Haener isn't going to make it easy on any of them.

More will transfer for sure.

It's a great problem to have.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Petersen tried to keep both and pushed the 'competition' through to the first game week and it didn't work.
Wasn't expecting that, but no one can be surprised by transfers these days with so much on the line. The chance to maybe fight again for his sr season appears to not have interested him.

Good luck to him as long as he doesn't land in the Pac12.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I was going to be afraid and skeptical with either at the helm. It's as much still distrusting the OC as it is fully expecting more mistakes from either/both this year. While Browning sure didn't carry anything he also didn't make a ton of big mistakes. Both of these QB's will go for bigger plays, but both will make more mistakes.

Eason won the starting gig so he's our guy. May Hamdan do a better job directing and developing his game this year.

That's my biggest concern in all honesty. I worry more about Hamdan shitting the bed than I do any of the players.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to add that UW has one of the biggest cvnt fvck fanbases to ever walk this planet.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say this here seeing how this isn't a Washington football group. Do you people want to know what a HYPOCRITICAL CVNT is? I'll tell ya. A HYPOCRITICAL CVNT is a Washington fan who bashes a kid for quitting the program yet cheers for the UW starting QB who did the same when he QUIT Georgia and transferred to Washington in the hopes of getting more playing time. That's what a HYPOCRITICAL CVNT is.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my biggest concern in all honesty. I worry more about Hamdan shitting the bed than I do any of the players.
They have the line, a NFL sized QB, some good pieces in the running game, a huge line, and some promising pieces at WR and yet there isn't a UW fan that should feel anything but nervous for the offense because of Hamdan and that staff.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hold absolutely nothing against Haener for transferring. Even as a die hard UW fan, I would probably do the same. If he's good enough to compete for a starting job at UW, then he's good enough to start for a lot of programs. Everyone wants to help his team, and but sometimes you also have to look out for yourself as well.

Eason "claims" he'll stay two years. I somewhat doubt it, but if he does then Haener is riding the bench then has to compete with Dylan Morris, Jacob Sirmon, and Ethan Garbers with Sam Huard coming soon.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say this here seeing how this isn't a Washington football group. Do you people want to know what a HYPOCRITICAL CVNT is? I'll tell ya. A HYPOCRITICAL CVNT is a Washington fan who bashes a kid for quitting the program yet cheers for the UW starting QB who did the same when he QUIT Georgia and transferred to Washington in the hopes of getting more playing time. That's what a HYPOCRITICAL CVNT is.
Take a break from it man. Can't let that shit get you all worked up. Dipshits are everywhere.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just banned two more from Husky Nation. I'm starting to feel better now.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a break from it man. Can't let that shit get you all worked up. Dipshits are everywhere.
You have no idea what's going down on twitter and facebook right now. I can honestly say this is one of the few times in my life that I'm ashamed to be a part of the Washington fanbase. I've never seen a bigger bunch of cvnts in my life and that includes when I was going toe to toe with the Bama fanbase on twitter right before the Peach Bowl.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who gives Haener shit for transferring given his situation is an idiot. No reason getting worked up about it man.

I know you were a big Haener fan, but hey people are stupid and you can't cure stupid.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hold absolutely nothing against Haener for transferring. Even as a die hard UW fan, I would probably do the same. If he's good enough to compete for a starting job at UW, then he's good enough to start for a lot of programs. Everyone wants to help his team, and but sometimes you also have to look out for yourself as well.

Eason "claims" he'll stay two years. I somewhat doubt it, but if he does then Haener is riding the bench then has to compete with Dylan Morris, Jacob Sirmon, and Ethan Garbers with Sam Huard coming soon.
From what little I could get from the story it seems Haener thought he did better than Eason and had won the job. Certainly added to it, but he had to have already decided if it didn't go his way to go to plan B and no one should blame him really. If he stayed he had a solid chance of seeing real game time. Eason already missed a season with injury and doesn't move well. He's going to take hits. But if his heart is set on being a starter and only has two years of eligibility left he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just banned two more from Husky Nation. I'm starting to feel better now.

Don't bother banning them. If you banned every idiot on that page, there wouldn't be anyone left.

I post a lot on here, but I seldom post on that Facebook page. I was going to make a remark that the biggest moron on this forum would be the smartest person in the Husky Nation group, but there are honestly no idiots here. We all have our disagreements but everyone always has a strong argument. I can't say that for many on any Facebook group.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea what's going down on twitter and facebook right now. I can honestly say this is one of the few times in my life that I'm ashamed to be a part of the Washington fanbase. I've never seen a bigger bunch of cvnts in my life and that includes when I was going toe to toe with the Bama fanbase on twitter right before the Peach Bowl.
I've seen plenty of stupid on twitter from UW fans the few times I've seen comments. I know what they do. I've also read plenty of dipshit posts from duck fans, coug fans, and a shit ton of Ohio State fans among others. I think twitter is just FULL of idiots in general, but that's my opinion.