• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2019 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got kind of busy this week and missed a few of the fall camp articles. This one from Tuesday's had some good info on the QB battle...
Impressions from Day 5 of UW fall camp: Husky secondary feasts on opposing quarterbacks

He for sure threw too many in spring. Hope this continues.

So the DB's aren't dropping off.

Again, Haener can move the ball. Needs more of these to keep building his confidence. Just has to stop forcing plays and allowing stupid ints.

Who doesn't want to see that arm go deep in Husky stadium? Glad to see they are keeping him focused on the bread and butter plays.

I'd like to say he's too experienced to not clean up his game and maintain that, but we've seen it before. Kids that are prone to forcing plays have a hard time preventing boneheaded mistakes. It's a good sign he is doing better, but a long way to go.

The Husky coaching staff admitted they need to take more deep shots but I'm cautiously optimistic about Eason. All of the reports seem to indicate he's mostly attempting relatively short passes. I have to assume that the coaching staff didn't open up the offense with media presence for obvious reasons, but I really hope that they're able to utilize his strengths.

My biggest concern about Eason is him missing throws that he should be able to make. He'll be able to complete passes that Browning would never be able to, but I think he'll also miss a lot of throws that would be relatively routine for Browning.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how they define "great" but nice to see Husky Stadium get some love. After the renovation (which was essentially a complete rebuild of the stadium) I'd say that the Huskies have the best football stadium I've ever been in.

I understand the Rose Bowl being ranked so high due to the history and I had the time of my life attending the Rose Bowl game, but man that stadium is pretty shitty. In my life I've never had to wait longer to get into a stadium, go to the bathroom or get food and it's not even close. The "concourse" or whatever you want to call it is completely outdated and awful. Architecturally speaking I'm unsure what they can do to alleviate that, but really pretty bad.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

preseason-AP.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I was going to be afraid and skeptical with either at the helm. It's as much still distrusting the OC as it is fully expecting more mistakes from either/both this year. While Browning sure didn't carry anything he also didn't make a ton of big mistakes. Both of these QB's will go for bigger plays, but both will make more mistakes.

Eason won the starting gig so he's our guy. May Hamdan do a better job directing and developing his game this year.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I was going to be afraid and skeptical with either at the helm. It's as much still distrusting the OC as it is fully expecting more mistakes from either/both this year. While Browning sure didn't carry anything he also didn't make a ton of big mistakes. Both of these QB's will go for bigger plays, but both will make more mistakes.

Eason won the starting gig so he's our guy. May Hamdan do a better job directing and developing his game this year.
All I've read so far is Softy Mahler. Any word from Petersen or Hamdan?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I've read so far is Softy Mahler. Any word from Petersen or Hamdan?
Regent posted a link to Adam Jude and Vorel. They had 3 independent sources besides Softy.

I mean we have known for months. It's not rocket science.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regent posted a link to Adam Jude and Vorel. They had 3 independent sources besides Softy.

I mean we have known for months. It's not rocket science.
I'm pretty sure every source as of now has pointed towards Softy.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington appears to have settled on junior Jacob Eason as its starting quarterback, three sources confirmed to The Seattle Times on Thursday, after a report on Twitter earlier Thursday by KJR-AM’s Dave Mahler.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 sources not named Softy. Sure, one or more could be the same as the ones he used, but Softy isn't their source.