• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hit On Flacco last night

Dirty or Not

• Dirty

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it amazing that 30 years ago, a QB would shake that off for a couple of plays on the sidelines, and return to the the field

Because no one cared about the safety of players... Granted they don't really care that much these years either but back then you hit in the head period, take a play off and come back still groggy as hell

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him. He was going for the first down and saw Alonso at the last second and tried to bail out.

He should've slid about 3 yards sooner.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quarterback slide is not an automatic freeze timeout for defenders, like when children fight. You can't use it as a fucking bailout. That is not "giving yourself up".

It was a QB running vertical and hard then bailing out at the end, against a team he happened to be slaughtering.

Welcome to contact football. Keep yer head on a swivel en sech. Protect yoself foo

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because no one cared about the safety of players... Granted they don't really care that much these years either but back then you hit in the head period, take a play off and come back still groggy as hell

I still don't care!

Fuck these pussies.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching a real football game (EMU vs NIU). Didn't see it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, to think you can process what was going on at that speed and let up is making you all look like unknowing keyboard quarterbacks. And if you watch it in slow motion, his ass has not even touched grass when he gets drilled. So in the split second between starting the slide and getting hit, Kiko should have let up?

No way, your brain can;t get a signal to your body, which is already in motion, that fast.
Alonso must've been planning on diving for Flacco's ankles then? Otherwise why is he already heading down unless he knew Flacco was going down? Not a Flacco fan either but Alonso could've avoided throwing the shoulder into him. It's like a triple dirtdirtdirt.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving yourself up, doesn't mean going as far as you can til the last possible second, and then yelling timeout, no hittsies.

Was there frustration involved? FUCK YES. When a team is kicking another's ass, and said team's QB runs, and runs vertically with aggression....that fucker better get down. If he does what Flacco did, some defender is going to kill him.

This used to be an unwritten rule.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiko got what he deserved, a flag and retaliation.

Flacco was going for the first down and paid for it.

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that QB's aren't football players and should deserve special treatment like the NFL does.
I agree but it is the way it is currently. I wonder if some of these QBs getting injured are caused because they feel protected? After all these QBs are 6'-5" and 240 lbs. Well except for Wilson. There are 5'-7" 180 lb WRs and RBs they can absorb the hits. It all comes down to the $. QBs sell tickets.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but it is the way it is currently. I wonder if some of these QBs getting injured are caused because they feel protected? After all these QBs are 6'-5" and 240 lbs. Well except for Wilson. There are 5'-7" 180 lb WRs and RBs they can absorb the hits. It all comes down to the $. QBs sell tickets.

very much so. complacent en shit

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like in a boxing match, protect yourself at all times.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going off the reservation OS. I overlook the toy soldier jokes but why would you accuse me of a dishonorable discharge. That's not funny. You claim to be patriotic. Please don't make fun of my service. I still serve the military, I could not do that with a dishonorable. Why so personal?

Oh were you looking for funny ???....So you think a guy with 5 kids being drilled in the head in a manner that could maim or even kill him is funny ?????....Looks like you can dish it out but can't take the heat coming back...
I was just trying to flip your boat, and it worked....All part of the game my friend, I only pull out the low stuff when it calls for it.....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh were you looking for funny ???....So you think a guy with 5 kids being drilled in the head in a manner that could maim or even kill him is funny ?????....Looks like you can dish it out but can't take the heat coming back...
I was just trying to flip your boat, and it worked....All part of the game my friend, I only pull out the low stuff when it calls for it.....

Maybe he should be a mechanic or a carpenter.

STFU with the kids shit. He plays a violent sport, and knows the repercussions thereof. And he gets paid very handsomely to counteract said dangers.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should be a mechanic or a carpenter.

STFU with the kids shit. He plays a violent sport, and knows the repercussions thereof. And he gets paid very handsomely to counteract said dangers.

Maybe you should just hand those burgers through the window and shut up Corky.....In your trailer park kids may not matter because you don't know who belongs to who....But this guy gets paid to play within the rules of the game , not be deliberately drilled in the head illegally you moron.....
I would say the same for any qb in the league whether they have children or not, it has the potential to maim or take a players life....It's bad enough to take the chance within the rules of a freak hit, but deliberate and illegal ain't funny to me....Maybe to retards, but not me....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should just hand those burgers through the window and shut up Corky.....In your trailer park kids may not matter because you don't know who belongs to who....But this guy gets paid to play within the rules of the game , not be deliberately drilled in the head illegally you moron.....
I would say the same for any qb in the league whether they have children or not, it has the potential to maim or take a players life....It's bad enough to take the chance within the rules of a freak hit, but deliberate and illegal ain't funny to me....Maybe to retards, but not me....

GIVE YOURSELF UP THEN.

HE. DID. NOT.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GIVE YOURSELF UP THEN.

HE. DID. NOT.

He clearly did and Alonso launched at his head and turned his shoulder in to the helmet...Players are taught to aim at the helmet of a running qb in the standup position so if they go into a slide they will over shoot them.
Alonso would have been aiming at his shins in the standup position to hit him where he did....
We'll see what the league says in a few days or so....I expect he will be fined and suspended for that dirty hit....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clearly did and Alonso launched at his head and turned his shoulder in to the helmet...Players are taught to aim at the helmet of a running qb in the standup position so if the go into a slide they will over shoot them.
Alonso would have been aiming at his shins in the standup position to hit him where he did....
We'll see what the league says in a few days or so....I expect he will be fined and suspended for that dirty hit....

Finish the play.

The entire premise of the QB sliding, is the idea of giving yourself up. That is completely negated if you wait til the last second to do it, after running full blown vertical, blatantly implying you are trying to get the first down.

Fuck him. It'll learn him.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finish the play.

The entire premise of the QB sliding, is the idea of giving yourself up. That is completely negated if you wait til the last second to do it, after running full blown vertical, blatantly implying you are trying to get the first down.

. It'll learn him.

You don't know what you're talking about, and obviously have no respect for other peoples lives....I'd hate to have you watching my back in a battle....I got a good idea what your problem is though, just don't want to waste time on pointing it out !!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what you're talking about, and obviously have no respect for other peoples lives....I'd hate to have you watching my back in a battle....I got a good idea what your problem is though, just don't want to waste time on pointing it out !!

Jesus, settle the fuck down. He slid late and awkward af. Frustration was involved, but as a leader and "elite" QB, that is stomping it's opponent, you should know to better protect yourself and not risk being a dumb fuck.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, settle the down. He slid late and awkward . Frustration was involved, but as a leader and "elite" QB, that is stomping it's opponent, you should know to better protect yourself and not risk being a dumb .

Settle what down ?...You stuck your nose in a conversation and got made a fool of....Ice Up Son !!!!