• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hit On Flacco last night

Dirty or Not

• Dirty

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more likely that the defender won't be unnecessarily malicious. But you never know.
I get it dude.. It was dirty by today's standards, but I also get that today's standards are kind of bullshit, and ask a whole lot of defenders that are flying around trying to make plays. They make those plays by hammering dudes. It WAS a late slide, and there WAS prolly some frustration involved, as I've already mentioned, but Alonso has no history of it, and I tend to believe that no player is really trying to kill fuckers. His team was getting killed, I guarantee he thought he saw an opportunity to get a takeaway.

And I stand by the sentiment that some responsibility lays on Flacco, you simply cannot run bawls forward, like your intent is to get the first down, and then bitch out at the last second, and that is exactly what he did.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't require one based on the same asinine post that has been used 1000s of times. " You didn't see it the way I did therefore you didn't play sports" :L
So you admit that you didn't play sports, were never an athlete at any level, or a ref at any level, but you're just a whiney little crybaby who complains about other people's accomplishments.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People watch Thursday night football?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit that you didn't play sports, were never an athlete at any level, or a ref at any level, but you're just a whiney little crybaby who complains about other people's accomplishments.

And there you have moronic reply part 2.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What tears do I have? I don't give a shit about Flacco. He's one of the most overpaid players ever. You are simply wrong about this one. I have no dog in this fight. The league agrees with me.

He got a personal foul call because technically, that's what it was. Former Rams QB Kurt Warner sided with the LB, and Pat Kirwan on Sirius stated that a few other QB's came in defense for Alonso. Again...those are QB's that are saying that Flacco certainly had a part to play in this. The league has yet to determine if the hit is a suspendable action.

I just think in this day and age when everyone is conditioned to seeing QB's getting pampered and coddled, a big hit on a bang/bang play where he gives himself up nearly at the point where the defender has committed has everybody up in arms.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a personal foul call because technically, that's what it was. Former Rams QB Kurt Warner sided with the LB, and Pat Kirwan on Sirius stated that a few other QB's came in defense for Alonso. Again...those are QB's that are saying that Flacco certainly had a part to play in this. The league has yet to determine if the hit is a suspendable action.

I just think in this day and age when everyone is conditioned to seeing QB's getting pampered and coddled, a big hit on a bang/bang play where he gives himself up nearly at the point where the defender has committed has everybody up in arms.
The fact that the league is contemplating whether to suspend Alonso or not should give you an idea of what they think of it. If they thought it was a clean play they wouldn't be discussing it at all. I'm not calling for his suspension. I'm just saying that defenders in this day and age know better than to dive downwards at a QB.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The applicable part of the rule -

"A defender must pull up when a runner begins a feet-first slide. This does not mean that all contact by
a defender is illegal. If a defender has already committed himself, and the contact is unavoidable, it is
not a foul unless the defender commits some other act, such as helmet-to-helmet contact or by
driving his forearm or shoulder into the head or neck area of the runner."

Open & shut. The part in bold is what happened in this case, hence the penalty and what will likely be a well deserved fine.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh were you looking for funny ???....So you think a guy with 5 kids being drilled in the head in a manner that could maim or even kill him is funny ?????....Looks like you can dish it out but can't take the heat coming back...
I was just trying to flip your boat, and it worked....All part of the game my friend, I only pull out the low stuff when it calls for it.....

Fair enough OS.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the league is contemplating whether to suspend Alonso or not should give you an idea of what they think of it. If they thought it was a clean play they wouldn't be discussing it at all. I'm not calling for his suspension. I'm just saying that defenders in this day and age know better than to dive downwards at a QB.

We know how the NFL is operating when it comes to concussions and protecting the head. We know how the NFL is operating when it comes to QB's and protecting them, period. Even if Alonso was fully in the right - obviously up to interpretation - the NFL can do whatever it wants to send a message. I have no problem with a fine simply because of the hit to the head/QB. I'm just not sure about a suspension or going as far as saying it's dirty.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Defenders are required to treat a sliding runner as they would a runner who is down by contact.

(2) A defender must pull up when a runner begins a feet-first slide. This does not mean that all contact by a defender is illegal. If a defender has already committed himself, and the contact is unavoidable, it is not a foul unless the defender makes forcible contact into the head or neck area of the runner with the helmet, shoulder, or forearm, or commits some other act that is unnecessary roughness.

(3) A runner who desires to take advantage of this protection is responsible for starting his slide before contact by a defensive player is imminent; if he does not, and waits until the last moment to begin his slide, he puts himself in jeopardy of being contacted.

Obviously a lot of you didn't see the actual rule.

#2 has importance.

Sorry for repeating Wazmankg.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't care!

Fuck these pussies.

EFWwtyW.gif

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, don't cut yourself short! Pretty much all of your posts are moronic. You've shown it in far more than 2 replies.
It's like you don t even try.

You have a nice a Sunday I'm done with this it's going nowhere.