• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Justin Jefferson's talent be wasted in Minny?

What is Justin Jefferson's future?

• Stays in Minny and they turn it around.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Stays in Minny and his talent goes to waste.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Gets traded to a contender.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too early to tell so tater salad.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I thought about asking this on another thread but didn't want to hijack it but the Minnesota Vikings appear to be looking at some sort of rebuild soon. Watching Justin Jefferson play as great as he does and put up ungodly numbers week after week makes me wonder if his talent will be wasted like Calvin Johnson's was. Cousins probably gone after this year and they just can't stop anybody on defense, it seems and the O-line looks awful. The front office seems to be unable to build a complete roster and after losing a game where the opposing coach practically gift wraps a chance for you to win, all that luck in one possession games they had last year looks reversed. They will have to make Jefferson the highest paid WR in the game but would he maybe want to get the hell out of there and play for a winner? Or are they possibly looking at getting into the Caleb Williams sweepstakes with the Bears, Broncos, et al? I doubt that last part but you never know. Anyway, What do y'all think?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NFL teams have seemed to be a little more active in shipping out their top talent for draft picks the past few years. I could see Minny trading Cousins mid season to a potential playoff team that is desperate at QB due to a mid season injury...maybe even getting as high as a 2nd round pick for him. I could also see them getting a 1st round pick for Jefferson too.

They could go into the 2024 draft with 3 first round picks and maybe two 2nd round picks (I think the Lions already have their 3rd round pick though). With a QB class with as much potential talent at this draft class will have, they could pick up a top QB prospect, along with 2 other big players.

If the Vikings lose to the Panthers on Sunday, they will likely be 0-5 the following week against KC. They will have the inside advantage towards the top draft pick and will definitely be ready to make some deals with some other teams. Of course, they still have the Bears in their own division. So it may fall on how they play against the Bears for that top draft pick.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends who the QB is after Kirk Cousins. If they get a legit QBotF that can raise their ceiling, then I wouldn't be so sure. They're treading dangerously close to wasting an incredible talent at WR right now, however.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends who the QB is after Kirk Cousins. If they get a legit QBotF that can raise their ceiling, then I wouldn't be so sure. They're treading dangerously close to wasting an incredible talent at WR right now, however.
Yeah, that was my thought as well, more or less. They need upgrades in other areas as well. Most notably, O-line and defense.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was my thought as well, more or less. They need upgrades in other areas as well. Most notably, O-line and defense.
Yeah, I just don't think they have drafted well or enough to really make a Kirk Cousins led operation, even in a very soft NFC, viable as a SB contender. They had major red flags last year as well behind the deluge of 1 score victories. At some point they need to hit the reset button, even then there's a significant chance it could be very painful. If they don't win the division, what exactly is their outlook?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just don't think they have drafted well or enough to really make a Kirk Cousins led operation, even in a very soft NFC, viable as a SB contender. They had major red flags last year as well behind the deluge of 1 score victories. At some point they need to hit the reset button, even then there's a significant chance it could be very painful. If they don't win the division, what exactly is their outlook?
I think Vikings are resetting. They cut veterans, took few cap hits this year instead of pushing out money and all signs point to last year of KC in Minnesota.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tracks. Takes multiple years to reset in reality sometimes.
They're phrased it as competitive rebuild.

We'll see if it works. So far GM 2 drafts have been underwhelmin

I do think they planned to be better this year than they have been.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get as much as you can get for him in a trade.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get as much as you can get for him in a trade.

F that.

Most of the time you dont get better trading superstar players.

Pay Me GIF

Structure the deal like you did with the Diggs deal where there isnt a crazy signing bonus that keeps you from trading him in the future if you need to reboot years down the road.

Dude is 24 years old. He isn't even in his prime years yet. You can basically get just as much for him right now as you can for him 3 years from now. There isnt a closing window on his value so there is zero point in trading him unless some teams is will to send away about 4 1st round picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F that.

Pay Me GIF

Structure the deal like you did with the Diggs deal where there isnt a crazy signing bonus that keeps you from trading him in the future if you need to reboot years down the road.

Dude is 24 years old. He isn't even in his prime years yet. You can basically get just as much for him right now as you can for him 3 years from now. There isnt a closing window on his value so there is zero point in trading him unless some teams is will to send away about 4 1st round picks.
I'm not sure if it would take 4 1sts but I do think it might take 3. Top 10 player who could end up being a star for 8+ more years. Better player than AJ Brown who was erroneously traded for only one 1st round pick.

Chargers a few years back moved on from average QB Philip Rivers after one overachieving year and one underachieving year. They didnt trade away Mike Williams or Keenan Allen because they knew the next QB needed them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying in minny is the best for his talent because they always need to pass

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to New England.. Then he certainly would haha

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...but I do know this much: If a prima donna WR ever got lippy (Justin Jefferson or whoever) because they were unhappy and I was the GM, I would threaten to trade them to the Bears if they didn't shut their yap.

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality aside, I’d love to see what he could with Tua throwing to him. He has been dropping dimes all over the place and it would be fun to watch if it were him in that offense instead of Tyreek.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a diva who hurt his team in Week 2 stretching for a TD and fumbling through the endzone. Not my kind of player.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F that.

Pay Me GIF

I'm not sure if it would take 4 1sts but I do think it might take 3. Top 10 player who could end up being a star for 8+ more years. Better player than AJ Brown who was erroneously traded for only one 1st round pick.

Chargers a few years back moved on from average QB Philip Rivers after one overachieving year and one underachieving year. They didnt trade away Mike Williams or Keenan Allen because they knew the next QB needed them.

No one us giving up 4 1st rounders for JJ,let alone a 3.....