• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The way too early coaching hot seat poll

Who's ass is burning the most

• Total voters

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had to be something other than money because he was getting paid $10 mil/year at FOX, and while $18 mil/year with Denver is almost double it’s not like he was hurting for money before coming back.

On tv as an analyst he’s fine but to come back and get shit on daily again for all his coaching moves seems crazy if it’s just about the money.
Per year he is making a ton, but how long is his contract and is it guaranteed? How many years was his tv contract?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't all the coaching contracts guaranteed money?
Depends on how you define "guaranteed". Is it a X year contract with a team option for additional years? Are there other contingency clauses? If the team terminates the contract early, are there specific clauses stating that the coach is entitled to 100% of the remainder of the contract money?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you define "guaranteed". Is it a X year contract with a team option for additional years? Are there other contingency clauses? If the team terminates the contract early, are there specific clauses stating that the coach is entitled to 100% of the remainder of the contract money?
I was thinking in respect to firing a guy. I thought the team was on the hook for his salary through the length of whatever the deal was. I could be wrong though.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking in respect to firing a guy. I thought the team was on the hook for his salary through the length of whatever the deal was. I could be wrong though.
Typically you are correct, but that is the typically the same for every standard contract. For NFL players, the team puts in a shit ton of clauses to get around this standard premise of contract law.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick in not immune. He makes $20M a year. More than any coach in the league.

I dont think there is anyway he is back next year at this point (I dont see them turning it around). He will "retire"....but it will most certainly be the Pat's ownership pushing him towards that retirement.

They're going to let him try for the wins record before pushing him out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB built the team and it's a failure.
Can't point to anybody else.
Retire or be fired.
I'd imagine a big factor is how they lose. He is coming off the two worst losses of his career. Without some sort of rebound I'd imagine his team will quit and he pretty much has to be forced out at that point when your team quits.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine a big factor is how they lose. He is coming off the two worst losses of his career. Without some sort of rebound I'd imagine his team will quit and he pretty much has to be forced out at that point when your team quits.
That's the thing, isn't it. 72-3 in two games is truly awful but another one like that could be the last nail in the coffin. Kraft looks utterly disgusted right now.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list:

Dead Man Walking:
Ron Rivera (Commanders) - I just don't see him as Washington's coach next year.

Matt Eberflus (Bears) - With it being HIGHLY likely that they get the draft's top pick (Their pick or Carolinas), they will be bringing in the best QB prospect of the past 3-4 years. I think they clean house when they do bring him in.

On Life Support:
Brandon Staley (Chargers) - He has to have a big year. You can't have one of the best young QB's in the NFL and have not playoff success. If they don't win a playoff game this year, I could see them moving on from him. They could get the best of the available coaches just because of Herbert being their QB.

Arthur Smith (Falcons) - He needs a strong season to keep his job. I think if thy can sneak into the playoffs, he'll definitely get another year.

Kevin Stefanski (Browns) - If the Browns don't make the playoffs, I think he is gone.

Likely To Get One More Season Next Year:
Josh McDaniels (Raiders) - Vegas isn't ready to pull the plug on him yet. I think he gets another year.

Mike McCarthy (Cowboys) - Jerry Jones doesn't seem to be afraid to fire anyone, but I think Mike has done enough to keep his job another year. Dallas will still likely win 10+ games, and be in the playoffs. An early playoff loss or if they don't make the playoffs would definitely put his butt on the hot seat. Regardless, I think he is safe to get another season next year.

Robert Selah (Jets) - I think the Rodgers injury bought him another year. If they had tanked with Rodgers as the starting QB, I would put him on the "dead man walking" list. Now, no one will blame him if the Jets lose 12+ games.

Probably Two More Seasons
Kevin O'Connell (Vikings) - How is a guy who is 14-8 in the NFL going to be on the hot seat? If they tank this year, I think he still would be safe next year as well.

Brian Daboll (Giants) - He would have to see his season implode to not get at least two more seasons in NY...although it is NY, so he could be fired.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin O'Connell is safe.

He doesnt pick his roster. And his roster has holes. He'll get a 3rd year no pretty much no matter what.
From local reporters who are less than reliable, I've heard KOC is safe, but Kwesi they're not sold on

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB being fired after winning 7 titles would be hilarious

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB being fired after winning 7 titles would be hilarious
I agree. He isn't anywhere near being fired as head coach. They are likely to take away a lot of his power in drafting and free agent acquisitions.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to let him try for the wins record before pushing him out.

He still got a ways to go at this rate. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mike Vrabel isn’t the future coach.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if rieria is in washington next season,they have one less fan.they way past him in terms of being a decent mentally sound coach,del rip too.i wanted to vote for him .but belichek,s seat is way hotter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted O'Connell... With Jefferson out for 4-6 weeks, Vikings 1-4, there is no reason to rush Jefferson back... With that said, could the Vikings be looking at trading Cousins? If that did happen, I can see the Vikings moving forward with a new regime in tact...

Cousins would be a good fit back in Washington...
I think WAS likes Howell and I can see why. There are plenty of teams that would be interested in Cousins. Keep losing and he will be traded, just a matter of when

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list

Kevin Stefanski (Browns) - If the Browns don't make the playoffs, I think he is gone.
Does anyone want that job? Watson with the guaranteed bag probably makes that an undesirable place if everything falls apart.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Life Support:
Arthur Smith (Falcons) - He needs a strong season to keep his job. I think if thy can sneak into the playoffs, he'll definitely get another year.

Likely To Get One More Season Next Year:
Robert Selah (Jets) - I think the Rodgers injury bought him another year. If they had tanked with Rodgers as the starting QB, I would put him on the "dead man walking" list. Now, no one will blame him if the Jets lose 12+ games.
I think Smith needs to show some significant improvement in order to keep his job. They've had consecutive 7-10 seasons. Better is expected this season.

I agree on Stefanski. This is his 4th year in Cleveland and he made the playoffs in his first year there, but they've gotten a worse record every year since then (11-5, 8-9, 7-10) and are currently 2-2. If they did fire him, would anyone want the job knowing that they are stuck with Watson at QB?

You make an interesting point on Saleh. Missing at QB (Wilson) and LT (Beckton) has really hurt them, but I think you're right that he gets another year due to Rodgers's injury.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still got a ways to go at this rate. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mike Vrabel isn’t the future coach.

30 wins back, (20 for 2nd). With how that team looks now, yes it will be a while. If they reload with Caleb or Maye? QB isn't their only problem, but hot seat would cool a bit (unless they want a fresh start with the new franchise QB).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From local reporters who are less than reliable, I've heard KOC is safe, but Kwesi they're not sold on

I think the Vikings are victims of stat regression to the mean. They won so many 1 score games last year (11) that their luck was bound to flip this year (1-4 thus far). Their RB change hasn't worked out, that will need to be addressed for next season.