• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have we not learned our lesson? Pump brakes on Mahomes

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah dude. This is part of the fun. Maybe he will turn out to be a run of the mill QB, or he will get hurt, or he will snort cocaine while injecting steroids and raping a woman in front of his battered wife. But, until then, we have a very fun, young QB who we can hype to no end

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah dude. This is part of the fun. Maybe he will turn out to be a run of the mill QB, or he will get hurt, or he will snort cocaine while injecting steroids and raping a woman in front of his battered wife. But, until then, we have a very fun, young QB who we can hype to no end
Wow, wow, wow, Pat already has been robbed at gunpoint once since being drafted. Let's not draft bad energy here.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit!

You said as late as a couple of days ago. Here is your exact post on the Wentz/Foles thread.

Dude... don’t get caught up in their desperate trolling attempt to start shit. Wentz played really well today. 350 yards, two TDs... it was the secondary that let us down. We are playing poorly but Wentz is a superstar and the best young QB in the game.

Look at it this way. There have been threads saying Brady sucks and is overrated yet he might be the greatest QB ever. When you win the SB the other 31 teams jump for joy when you lose.

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

@SteelersPride was right. You are a liar.

Not lying... honestly just forgot I posted that. Still wouldn’t trade Wentz for Mahomes because I’ve seen Wentz do it for a longer time. Mahomes might wind up being better... I don’t know. But what I do know is the Eagles have a young star franchise QB

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all need to chill with this Wentz/Dak shit.

Yeah....I probably should have left Dak's name out of this thread. I forgot how Butt Hurt Cowboys fans get when you do not bow before the altar of Dak.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I probably should have left Dak's name out of this thread. I forgot how Butt Hurt Cowboys fans get when you do not bow before the altar of Dak.
Same but for Eagle fans and Wentz

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we not learned our lessons people about hyping up QB's as elite after their first season?

I stayed at holiday inn Monday night and I have to say that I am very impressed with what I saw from Mahomes. If he contined playing like this he is going to be an HOF QB and that is not even debatable.........BUT.......

We have been here before.

Enjoy the ride Chiefs fans. This kid has been amazing. I am beginning to wonder if he does not have the strongest arm in the NFL. I am really rooting for this kid though but I am going to pause and wait and see what happens when there is plenty of film.

I'll summarize for you: hype, hype and more hype.....

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we not learned our lessons people about hyping up QB's as elite after their first season?

This is probably more directed at the media and not Chiefs fans because to be honest I can't seem to recall a Chiefs fans being obnoxious about Mahomes at all.

I watched the Chiefs game Monday night and I have to say that I am very impressed with what I saw from Mahomes. If he contined playing like this he is going to be an HOF QB and that is not even debatable.........BUT.......

We have been here before. RGIII.....Dak......Jimmy G.....but to Jimmy G's defense he suffered an injury and the jury will still be out on him.

It seems like ever season we have this dynamic rookie (or first year starting) QB that is taking the league by storm. Everyone is hyping them up and the a couple years later we are wondering what the fuck happened to them.

Enjoy the ride Chiefs fans. This kid has been amazing. I am beginning to wonder if he does not have the strongest arm in the NFL. I am really rooting for this kid though but I am going to pause and wait and see what happens when there is plenty of film.

Some good points, but you missed a great example: Deshaun Watson. Heck Mariota, Winston, Carr...How about Kaepernick

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs fans have actually been pretty cool about it. I think it is the media that is going overboard but then again can you really blame them? Every time I look around there some media hype about Mahomes. If you have not seen a single Chiefs game and then looked at highlights and the stat sheet you would think that Mahomes it the best QB in the NFL and front runner for MVP. After the first half of the season you would probably be right. Watching the game Monday I was truly impressed. When he made that left hand pass I said to myself you have got to be fucking kidding me. That was a football play. I am still stunned he made that play.

Also good points, if you like the sport watching an exciting player go nuts for a year (even if it doesn't last) is fun to watch. Reminds me of when Kaepernick had that one crazy year. That was entertaining.