• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have we not learned our lesson? Pump brakes on Mahomes

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not lying... honestly just forgot I posted that. Still wouldn’t trade Wentz for Mahomes because I’ve seen Wentz do it for a longer time. Mahomes might wind up being better... I don’t know. But what I do know is the Eagles have a young star franchise QB
you must have dementia then, because u forget alot

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good points, but you missed a great example: Deshaun Watson. Heck Mariota, Winston, Carr...How about Kaepernick
You just gotta see through the constant Philly agenda. He picked a Cowboy QB, a Redskins QB and a 3rd that is the obvious flavor of the month but he then made an excuse for. Just the same old, same old Philly BS. And then they get all butt hurt and pretend it's others with the issue when they get called out on it. Obsession, rinse, repeat...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He listed QBs that started hot and are really struggling now. Wentz doesn’t fall into that category so it would have made no sense to list him.
Jimmy G was in his 4th year and had already started 4 games in a prior season. It was a troll thread. Just stop. At least pretend to be objective and stop twisting every Wentz discussion.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G was in his 4th year and had already started 4 games in a prior season. It was a troll thread. Just stop. At least pretend to be objective and stop twisting every Wentz discussion.

stop being mean. you were never like this before February 11th at 3:11pm

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How was I unobjective. I wasn’t the one who said nonsense like Daks 1st and Wentz’s 2nd year are likely to be their best year ever. I understand why you said that about Dak... but the Wentz part made no sense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was I unobjective. I wasn’t the one who said nonsense like Daks 1st and Wentz’s 2nd year are likely to be their best year ever. I understand why you said that about Dak... but the Wentz part made no sense.
You are so worried about any perceived slight of Wentz that are completely unobjective on the topic. Please explain how the Wentz part makes no sense. Every player has a best year in their career. IMO year two will be that for Wentz. That isn't even an insult because he had a great year and it's funny how you have no problem with the comment for Dak. Dan Marino's best year was his 2nd year and he still went on to be a HOF'er and IMO the best QB ever, even though he never had a better year.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Maronne: "Mahomes is playing better than any QB that has ever played."

Hype train is seriously out of control. I see the stats but I have not seen all of the games but I have seen a lot of great QB's in the NFL and this may be a stretch IMO.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hype train is seriously out of control. I see the stats but I have not seen all of the games but I have seen a lot of great QB's in the NFL and this may be a stretch IMO.

There, fixed that for you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is great. I've seen parts of every game the Chiefs have played, but all of none of them. He has been absolutely fantastic from what I have seen, but that statement is indeed quite a stretch:lol: The hype train in this era is out of control.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marrone is just offering coach speak given the Jags play the Chiefs this weekend. I mean...playing better than any QB ever? It's very arguable that Goff has put together better tape this year than Mahomes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, somewhat off topic question: am I nuts for wanting to start Brady over Mahomes this week in fantasy?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is great. I've seen parts of every game the Chiefs have played, but all of none of them. He has been absolutely fantastic from what I have seen, but that statement is indeed quite a stretch:lol: The hype train in this era is out of control.

I saw the game agains the Broncos and up until the end of the 3rd Qtr Mahomes was ok nothing to write home about but he was brilliant in the 4th Qtr and that is when I was sold on him. Not to the point where I was ready to annoint him but it was obvious he could play and well.

The past 5+ years the QB hype train is turning into a media circle jerk. It is actually becoming laughable to be honest. Especially in this day in age of protecting the QB. So many defenders are holding back from fear of a penalty. If these guys played in the era before these new rules I don't think they put these numbers up. If things keep going at this pace the NFL will be tackle football with the flag football exception. You can tackle any player but you have to pull the flag off the QB.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, somewhat off topic question: am I nuts for wanting to start Brady over Mahomes this week in fantasy?

I would say no because Mahomes is going against the Jags and Brady gets to play the Colts.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the national media can't stop talking about mahomes ... i enjoy watching him play but i don't need to hear about him 24/7

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Martindale, the Ravens DC, has apparently claimed that Baker Mayfield is this eras 'John Elway or Brett Favre.'

Yup....the Ravens play the Browns.

Perhaps I should tune into the Cardinals media roundup...maybe I'll gain some confidence in CJ Beathard when some coach on the Cardinals thinks he's better than Joe Montana.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so worried about any perceived slight of Wentz that are completely unobjective on the topic. Please explain how the Wentz part makes no sense. Every player has a best year in their career. IMO year two will be that for Wentz. That isn't even an insult because he had a great year and it's funny how you have no problem with the comment for Dak. Dan Marino's best year was his 2nd year and he still went on to be a HOF'er and IMO the best QB ever, even though he never had a better year.

Because EVERY person listed started great and crashed and burned. That never happened to Wentz. You said it’s very likely that was Wentz’s best season? Why? What makes you think he can’t have several great years. That’s not being unobjective... it was ridiculous to bring up Wentz’s name with RG3 and other who started great and now are just bad.
I can be objective on Wentz. He will have bad games in his career. But calling me unobjective cause I argue for him on topics like “Should Philly bench Wentz for Foles” or “Dak is slightly better than Wentz”. Arguing that makes me unobjective? Please man.
In this post you compared him hypothetically to Marino. That’s an ok point. But saying Wentz should be on the same list as Dak, RG3 and other dudes that flames out was silly.

Lastly, I think Dak can be good and improve so maybe he shouldn’t have been on this list either but his point was about QBs who flashed, then crashed and burned and you jump in with “Wentz should be on that list”

Last edited:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because EVERY person listed started great and crashed and burned. That never happened to Wentz. You said it’s very likely that was Wentz’s best season? Why? What makes you think he can’t have several great years. That’s not being unobjective... it was ridiculous to bring up Wentz’s name with RG3 and other who started great and now are just bad.
I can be objective on Wentz. He will have bad games in his career. But calling me unobjective cause I argue for him on topics like “Should Philly bench Wentz for Foles” or “Dak is slightly better than Wentz”. Arguing that makes me unobjective? Please man.
In this post you compared him hypothetically to Marino. That’s an ok point. But saying Wentz should be on the same list as Dak, RG3 and other dudes that flames out was silly.

Lastly, I think Dak can be good and improve so maybe he shouldn’t have been on this list either but his point was about QBs who flashed, then crashed and burned and you jump in with “Wentz should be on that list”

Will have? :pound:

Yup, you’re objective!

LMAO