• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have we not learned our lesson? Pump brakes on Mahomes

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because EVERY person listed started great and crashed and burned. That never happened to Wentz. You said it’s very likely that was Wentz’s best season? Why? What makes you think he can’t have several great years. That’s not being unobjective... it was ridiculous to bring up Wentz’s name with RG3 and other who started great and now are just bad.
I can be objective on Wentz. He will have bad games in his career. But calling me unobjective cause I argue for him on topics like “Should Philly bench Wentz for Foles” or “Dak is slightly better than Wentz”. Arguing that makes me unobjective? Please man.
In this post you compared him hypothetically to Marino. That’s an ok point. But saying Wentz should be on the same list as Dak, RG3 and other dudes that flames out was silly.

Lastly, I think Dak can be good and improve so maybe he shouldn’t have been on this list either but his point was about QBs who flashed, then crashed and burned and you jump in with “Wentz should be on that list”

Every person listed started out great and crashed and burned? Really? Jimmy G was in his 4th year and not on his first stint as a starter last year and I explained why I brought him up and felt it was pertinent and even used Jimmy G as an example because Wentz didn't start out very good and didn't have a real good year until year 2.

Who said he can't have another great season? I said that I think that will be his best season. I said the same thing after Victor Cruz's break out year and guess what??? I even included Marino because I knew that people that don't read very well and are defensive will immediately see it as a slight which it wasn't and it isn't so I was thinking 'God if I include Marino at least they won't get bent out of shape' but even that didn't seem to help. You are completely unobjective on him. Worse than the crazy Dallas Romo fans were about Romo. By the way I did not compare him to Marino, I used Marino as an example of a guy having his best year early but I do find it funny that you seem to think he is closer to Marino than Dak.

The more you respond the more I get confused what words you see when you see when I type because you never see what I actually write.

LASTLY...let's reread what I wrote that started this:
Another example of getting ahead of ourselves seems to be Wentz from last year in year 2. Surprised the Philly fans left that one out.:nono:

On Mahomes. Kid just seems to have something special. Looks like the best young QB in the league and by quite a lot right now. Easily league MVP at the Qtr pole...

That's saying Wentz crashed and burned? Ughh...and I never even said the others crashed and burned I used Dak and Jimmy G and Mahomes as guys that the hype train rolled out of the station too quickly on...just like it did for Wentz. READ. then just to be sure read again before you hit submit.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every person listed started out great and crashed and burned? Really? Jimmy G was in his 4th year and not on his first stint as a starter last year and I explained why I brought him up and felt it was pertinent and even used Jimmy G as an example because Wentz didn't start out very good and didn't have a real good year until year 2.

Who said he can't have another great season? I said that I think that will be his best season. I said the same thing after Victor Cruz's break out year and guess what??? I even included Marino because I knew that people that don't read very well and are defensive will immediately see it as a slight which it wasn't and it isn't so I was thinking 'God if I include Marino at least they won't get bent out of shape' but even that didn't seem to help. You are completely unobjective on him. Worse than the crazy Dallas Romo fans were about Romo. By the way I did not compare him to Marino, I used Marino as an example of a guy having his best year early but I do find it funny that you seem to think he is closer to Marino than Dak.

The more you respond the more I get confused what words you see when you see when I type because you never see what I actually write.

LASTLY...let's reread what I wrote that started this:

That's saying Wentz crashed and burned? Ughh...and I never even said the others crashed and burned I used Dak and Jimmy G and Mahomes as guys that the hype train rolled out of the station too quickly on...just like it did for Wentz. READ. then just to be sure read again before you hit submit.

It is an example because the list had a ONLY dudes who crashed and burned. So it’s ridiculous of me to assume you putting him on a list of people who crashed and burned is you saying he crashed and burned. Tell me how I have been unobjective on Wentz.
I do shit that frustra you but you frequently do the following...

Póster “We need to slow down the Mahomes hype. There is a long list of players who crashed and burned like RG3 and Dak”
Jarntt “Put Wentz on that list too cause he will never have a year like his 2nd”

PE1 Ummmm, Wentz never crashed and burned like the others”

Jarntt “You can’t read. I never said he’ll crash and burn and he could have good years, just not as good as year two”

That’s me not being able to read and being unobjective?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List 5 shitty Football players
1. Jalen Mills
2. Erik Flowers
3. Heath the safety on Dallas
4. Torrance Small
5. Frisman Jackson

@jarntt ”Put Carson Wentz on that list”.

PE1 “Wentz is a star. He’s not shitty Jarntt”

Jarntt “Where did I ever say Wentz was shitty. Show me where I typed those words. You are so unobjective”

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Maronne: "Mahomes is playing better than any QB that has ever played."

Hype train is seriously out of control. I see the stats but I have not seen all of the games but I have seen a lot of great QB's in the NFL and this may be a stretch IMO.
This is starting to remind me of the Tebow hype tbh :L

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an example because the list had a ONLY dudes who crashed and burned. So it’s ridiculous of me to assume you putting him on a list of people who crashed and burned is you saying he crashed and burned. Tell me how I have been unobjective on Wentz.

Póster “We need to slow down the Mahomes hype. There is a long list of players who crashed and burned like RG3 and Dak”
Jarntt “Put Wentz on that list too cause he will never have a year like his 2nd”

Jarntt “You can’t read. I never said he’ll crash and burn and he could have good years, just not as good as year two”

1. Jalen Mills
2. Erik Flowers
4. Torrance Small
5. Frisman Jackson

Jarntt “Where did I ever say Wentz was shitty. Show me where I typed those words. You are so unobjective”

Someone needs their meds.

NURSE...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Philly fans on here are pretty gay

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,640.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't look like Superman vs Denver's defense....I know that much.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, unless you're a Patriots fan of the past 15+ years, I'm not sure how anyone could get so confident in a season in general at all. I mean, just last season the Vikings defense was ranked #1, and this season they're playing like complete and utter garbage, with the offense - specifically the passing game - carrying the team. There haven't even been that many changes to the defensive personnel. Not one NFL "expert" called their season playing out as it has so far. That type of thing is prone to happen with pretty much any team any given season no matter what the reasonable expectations from a prior season would have been.

As far as individual players go, I'd go with the general rule of 3 years after being drafted to get a pretty fair judgement of how 95% of players will pan out long-term. There are a few exceptions to the rule where that might go as far as 4 years or maybe even be scaled back to 2, but as history repeatedly shown time and time again, it's just silly to declare any player a surefire HOF'er after a few games/1 season.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The honeymoon is on hold this week.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, unless you're a Patriots fan of the past 15+ years, I'm not sure how anyone could get so confident in a season in general at all. I mean, just last season the Vikings defense was ranked #1, and this season they're playing like complete and utter garbage, with the offense - specifically the passing game - carrying the team. There haven't even been that many changes to the defensive personnel. Not one NFL "expert" called their season playing out as it has so far. That type of thing is prone to happen with pretty much any team any given season no matter what the reasonable expectations from a prior season would have been.

As far as individual players go, I'd go with the general rule of 3 years after being drafted to get a pretty fair judgement of how 95% of players will pan out long-term. There are a few exceptions to the rule where that might go as far as 4 years or maybe even be scaled back to 2, but as history repeatedly shown time and time again, it's just silly to declare any player a surefire HOF'er after a few games/1 season.

I agree... Philly fans were furious we drafted a several year mediocre DE in Brandon Graham over Earl Thomas and we desperately needed a safety at the time. Years later he goes 2nd team all pro.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

holy Christ you're a moron

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jalen Mills
2. Erik Flowers
4. Torrance Small
5. Frisman Jackson

Derp

flip flop derp

back peddle

herpa derp

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we not learned our lessons people about hyping up QB's as elite after their first season?

This is probably more directed at the media and not Chiefs fans because to be honest I can't seem to recall a Chiefs fans being obnoxious about Mahomes at all.

I watched the Chiefs game Monday night and I have to say that I am very impressed with what I saw from Mahomes. If he contined playing like this he is going to be an HOF QB and that is not even debatable.........BUT.......

We have been here before. RGIII.....Dak......Jimmy G.....but to Jimmy G's defense he suffered an injury and the jury will still be out on him.

It seems like ever season we have this dynamic rookie (or first year starting) QB that is taking the league by storm. Everyone is hyping them up and the a couple years later we are wondering what the fuck happened to them.

Enjoy the ride Chiefs fans. This kid has been amazing. I am beginning to wonder if he does not have the strongest arm in the NFL. I am really rooting for this kid though but I am going to pause and wait and see what happens when there is plenty of film.

Andy Reid is my fav HC and I'm always rooting for him except against us of course....And I think you're right to say hold the Lombardi til the end of the season at least and see can he break the mold of these 1st yr wonders....4 games is not enough to even make a good guess at it....
Remember Dirty Sanchez's first yr ???? ....How long did he last and where is he on the elite list today ?????
Vince Young, Mike Vick and on and on and on.......
You don't have to be out there at 41 yrs old with 5 rings but you do have win for a sustained amount of time to be considered great....IMO

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I will find funny is as soon as Mahomes has a bad game all these posters are gonna be jumping up & down that they called it. LOL
A Qb having a bad game is as sure as the sun rising.

Personally I am jumping on the Mahomes having a very good career bandwagon.
Can he sustain this pace. Absolutely not. But that doesnt mean he still wont be awesome.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif