• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have we not learned our lesson? Pump brakes on Mahomes

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, after 12 games, Mahomes is on pace to throw 54.7 Touchdowns ....... if he can somehow get the extra 0.3 TD's, he will tie Peyton Mannings record of 55 in a season ....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, after 12 games, Mahomes is on pace to throw 54.7 Touchdowns ....... if he can somehow get the extra 0.3 TD's, he will tie Peyton Mannings record of 55 in a season ....
Did Manning only have 56 total TD's that year? I know of a rushing TD against Dallas.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes only has two games in his entire career where his YPA was under 8. He won both of those games.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes only has two games in his entire career where his YPA was under 8. He won both of those games.

BigBen leads the league in passing yards this season. He has 22 more yards than Mahomes. Ben has made 88 more passing attempts than Mahomes to get those extra 22 yards.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And now he gets Chargers, Ravens and Seattle.

I don't see it happening.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we not learned our lessons people about hyping up QB's as elite after their first season?

This is probably more directed at the media and not Chiefs fans because to be honest I can't seem to recall a Chiefs fans being obnoxious about Mahomes at all.

I watched the Chiefs game Monday night and I have to say that I am very impressed with what I saw from Mahomes. If he contined playing like this he is going to be an HOF QB and that is not even debatable.........BUT.......

We have been here before. RGIII.....Dak......Jimmy G.....but to Jimmy G's defense he suffered an injury and the jury will still be out on him.

It seems like ever season we have this dynamic rookie (or first year starting) QB that is taking the league by storm. Everyone is hyping them up and the a couple years later we are wondering what the fuck happened to them.

Enjoy the ride Chiefs fans. This kid has been amazing. I am beginning to wonder if he does not have the strongest arm in the NFL. I am really rooting for this kid though but I am going to pause and wait and see what happens when there is plenty of film.

Yep, you gotta be skeptical and pump the brakes... I was that way with Russ, I figured they would figure him out at some point, BUT the Atlanta playoff game Russ's rookie year when we lost in the divisional round I knew Russ had something at that point, he went Jedi in that game .... I think the playoffs say a lot about how a QB can handle himself mentally, everything is hyped up, defenses are playing 100 percent, you lose your season is over... THAT'S when you find out what a guy has.... Some guy's battle win or lose, some fold under the weight....

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we not learned our lessons people about hyping up QB's as elite after their first season?

This is probably more directed at the media and not Chiefs fans because to be honest I can't seem to recall a Chiefs fans being obnoxious about Mahomes at all.

I watched the Chiefs game Monday night and I have to say that I am very impressed with what I saw from Mahomes. If he contined playing like this he is going to be an HOF QB and that is not even debatable.........BUT.......

We have been here before. RGIII.....Dak......Jimmy G.....but to Jimmy G's defense he suffered an injury and the jury will still be out on him.

It seems like ever season we have this dynamic rookie (or first year starting) QB that is taking the league by storm. Everyone is hyping them up and the a couple years later we are wondering what the fuck happened to them.

Enjoy the ride Chiefs fans. This kid has been amazing. I am beginning to wonder if he does not have the strongest arm in the NFL. I am really rooting for this kid though but I am going to pause and wait and see what happens when there is plenty of film.

I agree to take it with a grain of salt, but I think you are underselling what Mahomes has been doing to compare him to those others. If you look at Dak and RGIII's first 14 games vs. Mahomes, Mahomes has thrown for more TD's... than both of them combined.

Lets put it this way. Over the past 4 seasons Drew Brees leads the NFL with 8 four TD passing games. Mahomes could tie him this week (he's 2nd with 7 of them, despite not even playing 1 full season).

So when we say "we have been here before"... Yes we have. Hall of Famer Dan Marino. And Hall of Famer Kurt Warner. (maybe an argument for Hall of Famer Norm Van Brocklin).

Those two are the ceiling and the floor of what we've seen like this before if we want to extrapolate his career vs. past history. Those are the "dynamic rookie (or first year starting) QBs that are taking the league by storm" that have done the closest to Mahomes as a passer where you can make a bit of an apples to apples comparison.

Yes injuries could play in and ruin his career. I don't think he will keep up this current pace forever (playing at an MVP level). But I wouldn't put him in the same boat as any other young guns to show up and dominate other than those two.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very doable if Mahomes actually plays week 17, which seems increasingly likely.

If you also rest him and Hill week 16.

tenor.gif

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow won a playoff game.

You cant judge QB's until after their second starting year.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a guy threatens all-time passing records in his first season as a starter, it's not hard to buy into the hype. I really don't foresee mahomes turning into Tim Tebow or RG3 in his second season as a starter. That would be a ridiculous Plunge in his second year.

Now, proclaiming him a future hall-of-famer already is obviously premature.