• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have we seen this movie before

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson says hi. He is even smaller and runs more often. A great organization like the Ravens aren't scared to run their QB when that is his best asset. I get your concern but let's not forget that he ended a run with a slide and skipped out of bounds on all but one and that one he needed to convert a 3rd and short.
we have been traumatized

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won’t. We can only speculate.
Exactly, but all evidence now when talking about Daniels are references to RGIII, possible injury, and taking hits. That's F.E.A.R at worst and a cautionary tale at best from Commanders Nation expecting bad things instead of better ones.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now we are 2-1 . i am happy about that but a loss to the cards and we are back to square one here . the team is trending upward at this point . coaching seems to be improved as is some of the talent . so far in assessment year our strength (DT) has underperformed . . so needs might change

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but all evidence now when talking about Daniels are references to RGIII, possible injury, and taking hits. That's F.E.A.R at worst and a cautionary tale at best from Commanders Nation expecting bad things instead of better ones.
See, I don’t see the comparison between the two, other than they are both fast and neither were/are great sliders. RG was a strait line speedster. Long, looping strides. hence, his ability to juke a tackler was poor. Daniels, can avoid a tackler. He has lateral moves. And he can also move out when he is in a foot race.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have been traumatized
You are correct sir!

Btw: years ago, for both definitionally logical and self-induced mental health reasons, I changed my team status from "fan" to "supporter/follower."

Fanaticism (Fan) isn’t typically classified as a form of trauma, but it can be influenced by traumatic experiences. Fanaticism is characterized by excessive, unreasonable, and often irrational zeal about a particular subject, which can manifest in various areas such as religion, politics, or even sports.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I don’t see the comparison between the two, other than they are both fast and neither were/are great sliders. RG was a strait line speedster. Long, looping strides. hence, his ability to juke a tackler was poor. Daniels, can avoid a tackler. He has lateral moves. And he can also move out when he is in a foot race.
Yep!

Neither do I, but that's the world that we live in. I've heard/read comparisons to RGIII, Mike Vick, Randal Cunningham, etc., and not one mention of the clear obvious more closely aligned QB... Steve Young.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, but all evidence now when talking about Daniels are references to RGIII,
That of course looms large in any Skins fans mind. .. but I’d add for myself watching the injury count to other ‘mobile’ QBs such as Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Lamar and even the huge Josh Allen

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That of course looms large in any Skins fans mind. .. but I’d add for myself watching the injury count to other ‘mobile’ QBs such as Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Lamar and even the huge Josh Allen
This is why I'm not a fan! (Fanatic)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 biggest issue was not cutting the ball loose when guys were open . Gruden repeatedly complained about it hence he turned to KC . In the end KC was the better qb and RG3 ended up as a bust and career BU
Exactly. And that was exactly what we saw from Jayden in the first 2 1/4 games which had me a little concerned. If you go back to Monday night he had missed a wide open Terry and flat out didn't throw to open receivers. At that point in time Jayden Daniels was still a question mark for me. But the light kind of came on around the 2nd quarter and I have no questions now about that.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are playing with the term "running QB." No one is a running QB. The closest I have ever seen to a running QB in the NFL was Bobby Douglas of Chicago long time ago.

I'd say a better term is pocket passer. Peyton, Eli, Tom, Marino. These players type are becoming less and less in the NFL. A better term for "running QB" would be a dual threat QB which is becoming more favored in the NFL game. I am sure I am forgetting a player or two but guys like Randall Cunningham and Steve Young were early dual threat QBs.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are playing with the term "running QB." No one is a running QB. The closest I have ever seen to a running QB in the NFL was Bobby Douglas of Chicago long time ago.

I'd say a better term is pocket passer. Peyton, Eli, Tom, Marino. These players type are becoming less and less in the NFL. A better term for "running QB" would be a dual threat QB which is becoming more favored in the NFL game. I am sure I am forgetting a player or two but guys like Randall Cunningham and Steve Young were early dual threat QBs.
I don't see the difference between a "dual threat" QB and a running QB. Douglas could not pass, he was a one trick pony. He was also a unicorn who did not last because he could not pass.

But I do see a big difference between a Lamar, who runs designed run plays and is considered a duel threat QB, guys like Herbert who are pocket passers who can break the pocket and make a play with their legs and could be defined as running QBs and traditional pocket passers such as Goff or Kirk who rarely run. All three of these QBs have a place in today's NFL but the trend is for the QBs who can run.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the difference between a "dual threat" QB and a running QB. Douglas could not pass, he was a one trick pony. He was also a unicorn who did not last because he could not pass.

But I do see a big difference between a Lamar, who runs designed run plays and is considered a duel threat QB, guys like Herbert who are pocket passers who can break the pocket and make a play with their legs and could be defined as running QBs and traditional pocket passers such as Goff or Kirk who rarely run. All three of these QBs have a place in today's NFL but the trend is for the QBs who can run.
Which was my reason for bringing up Douglas as a "running QB." To say the least he was not very good at the forward pass.

Ummm, in my opinion it is a difference in how we say things .... some say you all and others say y'all.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which was my reason for bringing up Douglas as a "running QB." To say the least he was not very good at the forward pass.

Ummm, in my opinion it is a difference in how we say things .... some say you all and others say y'all.

I say y'all but write it you all for some reason. It's just such a handy expresson.

But back to running QBs, and I think it's clear that Jayden, like Lamar and Kyler, is a running QB. It does stand to reason that a guy who passes and runs will get hit more than Jared Goff and therefore more suspect to injury. But the facts just don't show that. So many of those runs end with a harmelss skip out of bounds, he actually slide on Monday, and I just don't remember Russell Wilson taking any big hits when he ran.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fits this thread to a tee

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson says hi. He is even smaller and runs more often. A great organization like the Ravens aren't scared to run their QB when that is his best asset. I get your concern but let's not forget that he ended a run with a slide and skipped out of bounds on all but one and that one he needed to convert a 3rd and short.
Lamar is 2" shorter and stands with a more muscular frame. The Ravens aren't concerned to much because he has proven that he's durable. Having a QB who can run is a great asset indeed. Having a QB who can run sitting on the sidelines in a boot isn't. Let's all just hope for the best this time around.