• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have we not learned our lesson? Pump brakes on Mahomes

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we not learned our lessons people about hyping up QB's as elite after their first season?

This is probably more directed at the media and not Chiefs fans because to be honest I can't seem to recall a Chiefs fans being obnoxious about Mahomes at all.

I watched the Chiefs game Monday night and I have to say that I am very impressed with what I saw from Mahomes. If he contined playing like this he is going to be an HOF QB and that is not even debatable.........BUT.......

We have been here before. RGIII.....Dak......Jimmy G.....but to Jimmy G's defense he suffered an injury and the jury will still be out on him.

It seems like ever season we have this dynamic rookie (or first year starting) QB that is taking the league by storm. Everyone is hyping them up and the a couple years later we are wondering what the fuck happened to them.

Enjoy the ride Chiefs fans. This kid has been amazing. I am beginning to wonder if he does not have the strongest arm in the NFL. I am really rooting for this kid though but I am going to pause and wait and see what happens when there is plenty of film.
Fuck that noise! Balls out!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Mahomes fantasy owner, I am pumping no brakes. In fact I am hitting the gas pedal like Mad Max. I traded Jared Goff for Travis Kelce in my money league and am all in on the Chiefs this season.

I am basically this motherfucker right now, for real.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a realistic note though, of course people will figure out how to contain him some, and he won't throw 80 TDs this year. One thing you saw Denver do well is limit his rollouts to the right. He is absolutely deadly rolling to his right and throwing with momentum. He has a major gun for an arm and good mobility, and can buy way too much time moving to his right. You have to stop that and defenses can blitz guys or play contain on that side to limit his ability to do that. Make him roll left and hope he doesn't complete left handed throws on you.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So eagles fans want us to hold on, on Mahomes, but fully embrace Wentz? Got it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "Moose's Turd" guy has been pretty vocal about Mahomes, but he doesn't normally rise to the level of obnoxious

Moose Tracks is turd, thought it was fudge wtf, on to a new ice cream. I don't know is on 3rd, not a Moose. He has been good just stutters his words youse know what I meannnnnn

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose Tracks is turd, thought it was fudge wtf, on to a new ice cream. I don't know is on 3rd, not a Moose. He has been good just stutters his words youse know what I meannnnnn
Uh, yeah

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we not learned our lessons people about hyping up QB's as elite after their first season?

This is probably more directed at the media and not Chiefs fans because to be honest I can't seem to recall a Chiefs fans being obnoxious about Mahomes at all.

I watched the Chiefs game Monday night and I have to say that I am very impressed with what I saw from Mahomes. If he contined playing like this he is going to be an HOF QB and that is not even debatable.........BUT.......

We have been here before. RGIII.....Dak......Jimmy G.....but to Jimmy G's defense he suffered an injury and the jury will still be out on him.

It seems like ever season we have this dynamic rookie (or first year starting) QB that is taking the league by storm. Everyone is hyping them up and the a couple years later we are wondering what the fuck happened to them.

Enjoy the ride Chiefs fans. This kid has been amazing. I am beginning to wonder if he does not have the strongest arm in the NFL. I am really rooting for this kid though but I am going to pause and wait and see what happens when there is plenty of film.
I get what you're saying but Mahomes doesn't fit the mold of a hyped rookie.

He sat a whole year.

Maybe Mahomes fizzles a bit but he already has a massive advantage over guys like rg3.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another example of getting ahead of ourselves seems to be Wentz from last year in year 2. Surprised the Philly fans left that one out.:nono:

On Mahomes. Kid just seems to have something special. Looks like the best young QB in the league and by quite a lot right now. Easily league MVP at the Qtr pole...

He listed QBs that started hot and are really struggling now. Wentz doesn’t fall into that category so it would have made no sense to list him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still way off. Who cares what was expected just year 1? That's meaningless. Neither was supposed to even be starting. If you don't remember the hype for Wentz's (#2 pick plus a shitload of draft picks to trade up for him) career to be miles higher than Daks going into year 1 you are lying or in a coma. Secondly the hype for Wentz during his good year was also significantly higher than the hype for Dak during his. In retrospect it looks very likely that Dak's year 1 and Wentz's year 2 will go down as each of theirs best ever...which is exactly what the thread seemed to be about from the readers perspective.

How does it look very likely Wentz’s year 2 stats will go down as his best ever? That makes no sense.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying but Mahomes doesn't fit the mold of a hyped rookie.

He sat a whole year.

Maybe Mahomes fizzles a bit but he already has a massive advantage over guys like rg3.

Good point....he did sit a year. Which works to his benefit too.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He listed QBs that started hot and are really struggling now. Wentz doesn’t fall into that category so it would have made no sense to list him.

Can't believe it took you so long to join in. page 4 post 71 in a QB hype thread about Mahomes and you quote Jarnnt about Wentz / Dak. Sooooooo predictable

:wank::wank: Wentz

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe it took you so long to join in. page 4 post 71 in a QB hype thread about Mahomes and you quote Jarnnt about Wentz / Dak. Sooooooo predictable

:wank::wank: Wentz

He brought up Wentz so get off my nuts.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But I did say that before Mahomes exploded on the scene.

That is not going to matter to the trolls. Ignore them. Mahomes is on pace to be MVP let alone one of the best young QB's.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But I did say that before Mahomes exploded on the scene.

Bullshit!

You said as late as a couple of days ago. Here is your exact post on the Wentz/Foles thread.

Dude... don’t get caught up in their desperate trolling attempt to start shit. Wentz played really well today. 350 yards, two TDs... it was the secondary that let us down. We are playing poorly but Wentz is a superstar and the best young QB in the game.

Look at it this way. There have been threads saying Brady sucks and is overrated yet he might be the greatest QB ever. When you win the SB the other 31 teams jump for joy when you lose.

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

@SteelersPride was right. You are a liar.