• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 New England Patriots vs Cleveland Browns Sunday, October 16, 2022 1:00 PM

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the whole team is playing better, wouldn't you also like to see how well Mac can play too?
Yes Sir, I surely would. We know Mac can play but high ankle sprains are tricky and IMO something you need not rush. Bottom line in Mac has proved he can play at this level, Zappe is trying to prove it still. We do have a QB battle and that can't be a bad thing.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did Kurt Warner play? What team wouldn't have like a few years with him at the helm? Tony Romo wasn't as good as Warner, but similar.
We are not talking about either of them at this moment.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets should be a measure of how good the Patriots are this season depending on whether or not the Jets are as good as they appear to be.
The Jets? Who'd a thunk.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about Zappe and they are valid comparisons as pro QB's who played at schools similar to the one's Zappe played at.
I don't think they are valid comparisons. We all know on occasion a kid from a small school make it big. But in the course of their college career when they put up massive numbers against sub par talent it's fair to question those numbers. And that is what we are talking about what his college numbers look like as BK pointed them out.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are valid comparisons. We all know on occasion a kid from a small school make it big. But in the course of their college career when they put up massive numbers against sub par talent it's fair to question those numbers. And that is what we are talking about what his college numbers look like as BK pointed them out.
Fair enough, but if we were solely judging his college numbers he would have been the consensus number 1 pick. It's not like (going back a bit for this reference) he was Cosmo Kramer beating all the 10 year olds at a local dojo. He was playing against men who had played the games their entire lives, just not the best of the best. If he had been playing the best of the best then go back to my first sentence.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but if we were solely judging his college numbers he would have been the consensus number 1 pick. It's not like (going back a bit for this reference) he was Cosmo Kramer beating all the 10 year olds at a local dojo. He was playing against men who had played the games their entire lives, just not the best of the best. If he had been playing the best of the best then go back to my first sentence.
Right but now he is playing the best of the best, and to date he has played two horrible defenses facing a third this weekend. Playing at some scrub college and against scrub defenses it's fair to say there is still a lot to question here.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could we also say that by comparison Mac played on a team that most resembled an NFL caliber squad? Could we also say that Mac played for NFL quality coaching?

I totally understand what you’re saying but I also think Zappes college career can’t be ignored. He continued to put up great numbers after he transferred as well.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could we also say that by comparison Mac played on a team that most resembled an NFL caliber squad? Could we also say that Mac played for NFL quality coaching?

I totally understand what you’re saying but I also think Zappes college career can’t be ignored. He continued to put up great numbers after he transferred as well.
Yeah transferred from Pee Wee Football to Pop Warner. The numbers are cute, they are a glitter bomb of chattable data I'm simply not impressed. If others are cool, let them run with it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Wynn is lowest rated offensive lineman in the NFL according to NBC Sports. And he's pissed because he's playing RT.

Wonder how fast his agent will have to move to answer all those phone calls when he becomes a free agent next March. Think he'll make more than the $11.5M he's making now??
Think he'll even get remotely close to $11.5 mil?

I'm not sure he'll have any suitors at all.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and if you combine both our words you've over killed it. I guess the key is, the play passed both of our micro-understandings so why wasn't it over-ruled in replay? My guess, they aren't slowing it down enough because in some cases a frame by frame review can be deceiving. In this case when you are only judging one thing (forward motion yes/no) the slow down is warranted.

I guess where left we two takes. If it's that close does it really matter (replay is meant to fix errors in judgement and this really isn't that), or right is right so why not fix it if you know.
Again, the review is done in New York where the Patriots are hated - and behind closed doors.
I warned of this when they started the NY review!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one year at W. Kentucky four years at Houston Baptist. Let's not pretend he faced genuine talent at either school. If he played in the SEC, Big 10, or 12, PAC 10 I highly doubt those numbers are even close to that.
I don't give a shit if he played for the kiddie corps and faced the crippled cutie pies.

He played against other football players and he played on teams that were equal to the competition.

Bailey Zappe exceeded everyone he played against.

For some reason, unbeknownst to any of us, no Div. I school offered him a chance.

Not a single person here can even begin to comprehend what he would have done as the QB at OSU, Purdue or Noter Dame. If you think those guys were all so high and mighty, why aren't they all starters in the NFL today?? Right now, I'd take Zappe over Justin Fields, Adian O'Connell or Ian Brook. O'Connell is not even around, Brook is barely hanging on is he's even still playing and as of this morning, Fields has a red cross next to his name.

We all know that you don't like Zappe and want Mac.

I'm actually hoping that BB decides to give Mac a soft landing spot and brings him back against the Bears on Monday to get ready for the Jets.

If he shits his Under Armors and BB has to put Zappe back in to salvage the game, I don't want to see Mac again the next week against the Jets.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the review is done in New York where the Patriots are hated - and behind closed doors.
I warned of this when they started the NY review!
Conspire much?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but now he is playing the best of the best, and to date he has played two horrible defenses facing a third this weekend. Playing at some scrub college and against scrub defenses it's fair to say there is still a lot to question here.
I think Bill Parcel's best line is "You are what your record says you are" and Zappe's record isn't deep enough to reach a complete conclusion.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bill Parcel's best line is "You are what your record says you are" and Zappe's record isn't deep enough to reach a complete conclusion.
Right but that quote can only relate to teams