• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 New England Patriots vs Cleveland Browns Sunday, October 16, 2022 1:00 PM

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit if he played for the kiddie corps and faced the crippled cutie pies.

He played against other football players and he played on teams that were equal to the competition.

Bailey Zappe exceeded everyone he played against.

For some reason, unbeknownst to any of us, no Div. I school offered him a chance.

Not a single person here can even begin to comprehend what he would have done as the QB at OSU, Purdue or Noter Dame. If you think those guys were all so high and mighty, why aren't they all starters in the NFL today?? Right now, I'd take Zappe over Justin Fields, Adian O'Connell or Ian Brook. O'Connell is not even around, Brook is barely hanging on is he's even still playing and as of this morning, Fields has a red cross next to his name.

We all know that you don't like Zappe and want Mac.

I'm actually hoping that BB decides to give Mac a soft landing spot and brings him back against the Bears on Monday to get ready for the Jets.

If he shits his Under Armors and BB has to put Zappe back in to salvage the game, I don't want to see Mac again the next week against the Jets.
For someone that doesn't give a shit you sure typed a lot if something.

If you don't think level of competition inflates numbers I don't know what to tell you about that. If you put Steph Curry and Shaq at the free throw line and ask them both to shoot one hundred free throws, are you going to be impressed when Steph magically blows those numbers up?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the review is done in New York where the Patriots are hated - and behind closed doors.
I warned of this when they started the NY review!
That's one view. Another view is they try to keep it fair because anything else is too visible.

I don't discount your view at all. Take any play with ambiguity and rule against the Pats, otherwise rule fairly.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single person here can even begin to comprehend what he would have done as the QB at OSU, Purdue or Noter Dame.
and none of us can comprehend how well he would deliver packages for Santa Claus, and we never will on either account since neither time travel nor (sorry kiddos if you are reading this) Santa exist. We can only judge him based on what he has actually done.

I'm not knocking him. His college record got him onto an NFL team. Now he can work on building his NFL track record, which so far is promising.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and none of us can comprehend how well he would deliver packages for Santa Claus, and we never will on either account since neither time travel nor (sorry kiddos if you are reading this) Santa exist. We can only judge him based on what he has actually done.

I'm not knocking him. His college record got him onto an NFL team. Now he can work on building his NFL track record, which so far is promising.
Exactly.
And when a player sets records that shows he is better than the competition at the level he was playing at. NCAA Div I FBS.

The NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), formerly known as Division I-A, is the highest level of college football in the United States.

Poo Poo it all you want. The kid set records in the highest level of college ball.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.
And when a player sets records that shows he is better than the competition at the level he was playing at. NCAA Div I FBS.

The NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), formerly known as Division I-A, is the highest level of college football in the United States.

Poo Poo it all you want. The kid set records in the highest level of college ball.
sorry to poo poo on your parade but theres a big difference between conference usa (w kentuckys conference) and the sec
sec 335 players in nfl
c-usa-53
this isnt a knock on zappe but not many come from the lower tier conferences
jerry rice is 1 of the exceptions (back then they were div 2)

i just want BB to put in who he thinks is the best option and go from there
its a nice option to have 2 choices and no they shouldnt trade either and i dont think they will:suds:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaquille O played at the highest level too against the highest competition but I doubt he bragged about dunking over Mugsy Bogues. Zappy past got him to where he is and that's what matters. But Mac has the more impressive college career, just because he earned the QB1 at Alabama and led them to a championship.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just want BB to put in who he thinks is the best option and go from there
its a nice option to have 2 choices and no they shouldnt trade either and i dont think they will:suds:
This is how I see it. The fact that there are 2 viable choices was not there 3-4 weeks ago. It’s actually good that we get the chance to see Zappe play, he was unknown goods until now.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see it. The fact that there are 2 viable choices was not there 3-4 weeks ago. It’s actually good that we get the chance to see Zappe play, he was unknown goods until now.

He did get to play quite a bit in the preseason and I am now wondering if BB saw something he liked and wanted to get the kid as much playing time as possible.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did get to play quite a bit in the preseason and I am now wondering if BB saw something he liked and wanted to get the kid as much playing time as possible.
Yeah but the way it came about? There was no other choice after Hoyer got knocked out. If Hoyer kept playing no idea what the outcome would have been.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that, by which I mean I doubt the timing of when he saw something he liked. After all he drafted him (not being flip, just sayin')

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the way it came about? There was no other choice after Hoyer got knocked out. If Hoyer kept playing no idea what the outcome would have been.

Good point. That said, when it was announced that Hoyer was starting I did say I hoped Hoyer would get "little injury" so we could see Zappe.

I got my wish.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. That said, when it was announced that Hoyer was starting I did say I hoped Hoyer would get "little injury" so we could see Zappe.

I got my wish.
Yep

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little side note.

BB got pissed during the game with Wynn's performance and subbed Cannon.

The result? No penalties on #61, no sacks of Zapp from the right side. He put Wynn back in and Zappe had to climb the pocket because of right side pressure. Cannon and Wynn flexed the remainder of the game.

Bill has to pay him and he'll be on the roster until the season is done. No one else will want him with his ratings. He will not be a Patriot next year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little side note.

BB got pissed during the game with Wynn's performance and subbed Cannon.

The result? No penalties on #61, no sacks of Zapp from the right side. He put Wynn back in and Zappe had to climb the pocket because of right side pressure. Cannon and Wynn flexed the remainder of the game.

Bill has to pay him and he'll be on the roster until the season is done. No one else will want him with his ratings. He will not be a Patriot next year.
He'd be a great backup for league minimum?????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You feel better?

Again, you add nothing.

You're like one of those guys that thinks he made a great play with thirty seconds left in the game and is beating his chest and stomping around the field. And his team is losing 49-0.