• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 Houston Texans vs NE Pqatriots Sunday, October 13, 2024 1:00 PM (CBS)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what's wrong with Polk? I was excited when NE got him. His last year at UW he had 69 receptions for over 1100 yards. Playing 2nd fiddle to Odunze.

Have to think it's becoming a mental thing. Hope he can figure it out. At 6'-2" he was great at getting up and snatching contested balls. Just doesn't make sense he's dropping balls right in his bread basket.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what's wrong with Polk? I was excited when NE got him. His last year at UW he had 69 receptions for over 1100 yards. Playing 2nd fiddle to Odunze.

Have to think it's becoming a mental thing. Hope he can figure it out. At 6'-2" he was great at getting up and snatching contested balls. Just doesn't make sense he's dropping balls right in his bread basket.
I would not be overly concerned just yet

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure I agree with this. I guess maybe one game but IMO Polk and Gonzales are nowhere near benching status. Jesus people (not you) will write anything for attention
Gonzo no way but Polk is quickly moving in that direction.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be overly concerned just yet
He's 10 for 22 and most were catchable balls. Easy for a QB to start looking elsewhere. Easy for coaches to put on the bench. Easy to start losing confidence.

I really hope he snaps out of his funk. He could become a very good WR in the NFL if he can.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way, he's a rookie, he was working with Brissett I would have some patience with the young man, he's going to be fine

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 10 for 22 and most were catchable balls. Easy for a QB to start looking elsewhere. Easy for coaches to put on the bench. Easy to start losing confidence.

I really hope he snaps out of his funk. He could become a very good WR in the NFL if he can.
Not sure where you got most were catchable balls, I did not see Jacoby throw many of those

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you got most were catchable balls, I did not see Jacoby throw many of those
You can go and rewatch the games. Many were catchable. Especially since he was touted as a very good receiver on contested catches.

I get my opinion from watching many of his games at UW and now the games he's played for in NE. My eyes may be deceiving me, not likely though. His stats as a rookie in the NFL back up my claim.

Again, I hope it's rookie jitters and he figures it out. I'm a Polk fan. Happy NE got him where they did. So far he has disappointed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it that way, he's a rookie, he was working with Brissett I would have some patience with the young man, he's going to be fine
Maybe put one in his bread basket that anyone one of us could've caught. How much more patience will the coaching staff have? They get paid for being a professional. Pros are expected to make those catches.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe put one in his bread basket that anyone one of us could've caught. How much more patience will the coaching staff have? They get paid for being a professional. Pros are expected to make those catches.
Okay I don't want to take this to far.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polk hasn't been anywhere near what he was at Washington, but and this is a big but, maybe he wasn't drafted earlier because other teams saw something that we didn't or don't see?

New England has blown draft picks on WRs that we thought and they thought were going to be outstanding. The latest two are
N'Keal Harry and Tyquan Thorton. Both big guys (height) both just couldn't play decent football in the NFL:.

Drafting small unknowns has always been their strong suit.

Be it as it may, we all wanted them to get Deandre Hopkins and Calvin Ridley but neither of them have lit it up. Historically, this team has passed on incredible WR and picked duds, so we can't expect miracles in one year. WR will still be a weakness in 2025, but the OL still has to be the priority.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie WR's are rarely without fault and usually the good ones pop in their 2nd year.
We are 1-5 - not the time to fire tlented rookies - especially on a team that needs to settle down!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polk hasn't been anywhere near what he was at Washington, but and this is a big but, maybe he wasn't drafted earlier because other teams saw something that we didn't or don't see?

New England has blown draft picks on WRs that we thought and they thought were going to be outstanding. The latest two are
N'Keal Harry and Tyquan Thorton. Both big guys (height) both just couldn't play decent football in the NFL:.

Drafting small unknowns has always been their strong suit.

Be it as it may, we all wanted them to get Deandre Hopkins and Calvin Ridley but neither of them have lit it up. Historically, this team has passed on incredible WR and picked duds, so we can't expect miracles in one year. WR will still be a weakness in 2025, but the OL still has to be the priority.
Not all of us! :suds:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#2's in college are often facing DB's that don't get drafted.

Especially when the #1 is a top ten overall pick.