• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of 2021-22 QB Rankings

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to make of Wentz. I saw several of his games in the 1st half of the season and he played ok. He ended the season with respectable 'Wentz stats'. Obviously the stats don't tell an accurate story because everyone is after his head. I remember him having a really bad 4th & 2 'highlight' play where 2 guys were open and 2 other guys were covered and ran into the same space. He couldn't find either open receiver and took a sack. lol.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to make of Wentz. I saw several of his games in the 1st half of the season and he played ok. He ended the season with respectable 'Wentz stats'. Obviously the stats don't tell an accurate story because everyone is after his head. I remember him having a really bad 4th & 2 'highlight' play where 2 guys were open and 2 other guys were covered and ran into the same space. He couldn't find either open receiver and took a sack. lol.
Simply put.
He lacks leadership.
The rest wont matter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know why?
all those that rank Qbs but rings.
Rings are a team thing. not an individual thing.

I was watching PTI the other day and they were talking about Ben. Wilson was trying to say he was better than Rodgers and Brees and all those guys because of rings.

Such a dumb argument.

Ben was a very good QB and a sure fire HOF player, but he isn’t on the level of Aaron Rodgers as a QB.

Lots of variables beyond QB play that determine who wins a ring.

That argument implies it is Josh Allen’s fault that Buffalo lost on Sunday.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching PTI the other day and they were talking about Ben. Wilson was trying to say he was better than Rodgers and Brees and all those guys because of rings.

Such a dumb argument.

Ben was a very good QB and a sure fire HOF player, but he isn’t on the level of Aaron Rodgers as a QB.

Yeah, people use it all the time. I remember quite a few years ago somebody arguing with me that Bradshaw was a better QB than Dan Marino solely based on SB rings.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Watson

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Herbert
6. Burrow
7. Jackson
8. R. Wilson
9. Prescott
10. Stafford
11. Cousins
12. Murray
13. Tannehill
14. Carr
15. Garoppolo
16. Winston
17. M. Jones
18. Ryan
19. Bridgewater
20. Tagovailoa
21. Hurts
22. Wentz
23. Mayfield
24. Heinicke
25. Fields
26. Goff
27. Lawrence
28. Mills
29. D. Jones
30. Roethlisberger
31. Z. Wilson
32. Darnold
I feel like I have some issues with the bottom of the list but the top 15 is probably as good as any.

Jameis Winston, for example, is 11 games below .500 as a QB and when he was replaced his team dominated into a SB win...albeit after some other smart FA and draft decisions. He then went to a Saints team that generally makes everyone look good. I think there is a much better argument for Bridgewater at 19 than Winston at 16 imo.

I also think Davis Mills is closer to Mac Jones than he is to the other young QBs. If there is an 11 QB gap between the two then I feel like that gap is negligible at best.

Big Ben is interesting. He did stink last year. But he also had a garbage oline, 7 game winning drives last year, made the playoffs, and scored 2 TDs against the Chiefs. Ignoring stats, imo he feels like he should be ranked somewhere around Tua. Probably a little lower once you factor in stats and eyeball test but not 30.

Speaking of the Chiefs, I feel like two of Mahomes worst games were in the Super Bowl. The reality is that 'rings' is too small of a sample size to judge when it comes to QBs. I do think if you have a top 10 QB then they should at least make the playoffs on a consistent basis and be competitive in those games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, people use it all the time. I remember quite a few years ago somebody arguing with me that Bradshaw was a better QB than Dan Marino solely based on SB rings.
This has always been the rub. Everything about rating QB's is so subjective. Many count off for QB's with additional talent...like Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman. It makes my head spin. I've always thought about decisions made distributing the football along with play selection, execution, performance under adversities, and leadership were the QB trait comparisons. What you do when the stage is it's brightest should matter as much as special athletic skills. I just think it's not possible to find a fair understood scale now or yester year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like something that boob Solomon would've argued on here.
I think I remember that guy. There are still a few that subscribe to this but some of them are just trolling for a laugh methinks. As I recall, that argument I had predates the online forums. It was sitting in a bar one night and the funny think is, I think the guy was a Cowboys fan.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but you had to look long & hard to find a Cowboy fan pro Bradshaw in those days.
That was what made it funny. I think it started with him praising Aikman, which was okay but he said Jim Kelly was trash because he didn't win the big one. I found that kinda silly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you need a Mahomes or Allen but having a good QB can make up for a couple of defeciences other QBs can't. Burrow got sacked 9 times and still won. That's what a good QB can get you.
I do like Burrow a lot but if Baker (or another oft ridiculed QB) had the same performance the last 2 weeks this would be the narrative (and, yes, I also think Burrow is better than Baker)....
LV - "needed a first down to put the game away and couldn't get it. D saved him."
TN - "Needed to score to win and couldn't get it. Lucky D gave him another shot and made a whopping 1 pass. D and K saved him."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Mahomes - KC
2. Rodgers - GB
3. Burrow - CIN
4. Allen - BUF
5. Brady - TB
6. Wilson - SEA
7. Stafford - LAR
8. Herbert - LAC
9. Jackson - BAL
10. Jimmy G - SF
11. Prescott - DAL
12. Mayfield - CLE
13. Murray - AZ
14. Carr - LV
15. Jones - NE
16. Wentz - IND
17. Tua - MIA
18. Tannehill - TEN
19. Hurts - PHI
20. Ryan - ATL
21. Fields - CHI
22. Wilson - NYJ
23. Cousins - MIN
24. Heinicke- WAS
25. Mills - HOU
26. Siemien - NO
27. Darnold - CAR
28. Lock - DEN
29. Jones - NYG
30. Lawrence - JAX
31. Goff - DET

We’ll see who’s starting in Pittsburgh next season. If I had to rank Ben, I’d probably put him just after Matt Ryan, just outside the top 20. But I’m assuming he’s retiring now.
You have Tua ahead of Tannehill?

Have Miami fans seen this list yet? @Paolo305613 @FlyerFinFan

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such a dumb argument.

It was. Should have scrambled an extra 5-6 seconds before his last TD pass.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Burrow a lot but if Baker (or another oft ridiculed QB) had the same performance the last 2 weeks this would be the narrative (and, yes, I also think Burrow is better than Baker)....
LV - "needed a first down to put the game away and couldn't get it. D saved him."
TN - "Needed to score to win and couldn't get it. Lucky D gave him another shot and made a whopping 1 pass. D and K saved him."
Breaking down Burrows performance, the thing that sticks out is how much he got out of his targets in the passing game. Uzomah has emerged as a legit 4th option so Burrow can potentially get the ball out to 4 different players at an efficient level. If you look at Herbert's last game against the Raiders, it really showed the Chargers lack of receiver depth imo after their top 2 guys. Do you give Burrow the credit there or the Bengals GM the credit?

I'm just going to say that both the Titans and Bills choked, though. So that also makes Mahomes and Burrow look better but being a top QB meant that they could take advantage of the choke.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking down Burrows performance, the thing that sticks out is how much he got out of his targets in the passing game. Uzomah has emerged as a legit 4th option so Burrow can potentially get the ball out to 4 different players at an efficient level. If you look at Herbert's last game against the Raiders, it really showed the Chargers lack of receiver depth imo after their top 2 guys. Do you give Burrow the credit there or the Bengals GM the credit?

I'm just going to say that both the Titans and Bills choked, though. So that also makes Mahomes and Burrow look better but being a top QB meant that they could take advantage of the choke.
Yes. I do think both Burrow and Herbert look better than Baker (a lot better this year)and appear on their way to being potential elite QBs, but throwing to Chase/T. Higgins/Boyd/Uzomah and Allen/Williams a little different than Landry/Higgins/DPJ

I've gone from almost sure Baker is our guy to 50-50, but would love to see him with a true #1 receiver for the first time.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I do think both Burrow and Herbert look better than Baker (a lot better this year)and appear on their way to being potential elite QBs, but throwing to Chase/T. Higgins/Boyd/Uzomah and Allen/Williams a little different than Landry/Higgins/DPJ

I've gone from almost sure Baker is our guy to 50-50, but would love to see him with a true #1 receiver for the first time.
I've seen Baker healthy three times in big spots against the Chiefs and I do think he is a starting level QB who can win. Playing through that injury is one of the biggest career assassinations Ive ever seen, though.

Ultimately, Baker will come down to how much you pay for him. $25 mill a year? Cool. $28 mill a year? Ok. $35 mill a year? Absolutely not

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Baker healthy three times in big spots against the Chiefs and I do think he is a starting level QB who can win. Playing through that injury is one of the biggest career assassinations Ive ever seen, though.

Ultimately, Baker will come down to how much you pay for him. $25 mill a year? Cool. $28 mill a year? Ok. $35 mill a year? Absolutely not
I'm not sure he'll get anything until he shows he can play again. While I can agree some of his issues can not be explained away by injury the idea some think it's a complete excuse is kooky talk.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he'll get anything until he shows he can play again. While I can agree some of his issues can not be explained away by injury the idea some think it's a complete excuse is kooky talk.
Best I can tell you guys are where the Titans were with Mariota. Titans tanked for two seasons and got their QB and a roster. Browns did the same. The run game and oline got built up. The defense is kinda there.

The question is whether Baker snaps out of that Mariota death spiral of banged up mediocrity. Before he got hurt, he was above that so I give him the benefit of the doubt. To a certain extent. When the Titans replaced Mariota, you saw immediate teamwide improvement. Tannehill level performance should be the expectation for Baker next year. If not then Baker's future is as a bridge QB probably on some other football team.

Saying all that, I do expect Mariota to get a shot at starting again next year. He seems like he should be somewhere in that 20th-25th best QB range.