• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of 2021-22 QB Rankings

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day - none of them have shown the consistency that you need to rely on your QB to get the job done when the game is on the line.

As it stands, I would trust Mayfield, Wentz, JimmyG in that order to get it done. However, it doesn't matter because none of them are very good - the only reason I put Mayfield at the top is that this past year was 2 major injuries he played through (Dumb, should have just sat out and healed) and prior to that, I think nearly every year the offense has changed - he's had almost no consistency from a coaching standpoint.
Might not be very good but Baker got a bum rap this year when it came to clutch play. Well, it was fair this year as he was bad in those situations, but from 2018-20 he came through more often than not

what was strange, though, was last year was easily his best season and it was with yet another coaching change AND a disjointed preseason (no games and less in person practice/meetings. Would think he'd improve when he finally has the same coach/scheme for a 2nd year in a row and is awful......can only hope it was the injury (and Wrs who cannot get open).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G is 4-1 in the playoffs. I don't think losing to Mahomes puts him below Mayfield and Wentz.

If you don't have Jimmy G a top 15 QB then you almost have to rank the Niners coach as the best in football to counter a terrible qb

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was strange, though, was last year was easily his best season and it was with yet another coaching change AND a disjointed preseason (no games and less in person practice/meetings. Would think he'd improve when he finally has the same coach/scheme for a 2nd year in a row and is awful......can only hope it was the injury (and Wrs who cannot get open).

People use the coaching change WAY too much as an excuse when it often is a benefit.

There isnt any game tape on a new coach with a new team. So no one knows exactly how to attack them defensively. And it takes NFL defensive coordinators at LEAST 8-12 games to figure an offense out (usually one of them showing how it is done) and sometimes it takes multiple years.

Perfect example of this and how slow defenses are the adjust is still the Wildcat offense. It took most teams the better part of 2 years to figure out the very simple and obvious fact that you needed to account for the player taking the snap as a possible runner and base your numbers on that.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Wentz is that even if he is the 21st or 22nd best QB in the league then a team with a top 3 oline, top 10 defense, and a top 3 running game is being held back but not enough to improve at QB.

Eagles dumped Wentz for a QB project, made significant cap cuts, and improved. That's all you really need to know about Wentz.
FIFY.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G is 4-1 in the playoffs. I don't think losing to Mahomes puts him below Mayfield and Wentz.

If you don't have Jimmy G a top 15 QB then you almost have to rank the Niners coach as the best in football to counter a terrible qb

Rex Grossman made a super bowl.

Trent Dilfer won 1.

The 9ers have a top notch defense, a tremendous offensive line, the best run game in the NFL and 3 very talented pass catchers.

They have been able to hide weak QB play and keep winning because they are absolutely loaded everywhere else.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trent Dilfer won 1.

25-22 53.2%

58-55 51.3%

33-14 70.2%

One of these records is not like the others…

The 9ers have a top notch defense, a tremendous offensive line, the best run game in the NFL and 3 very talented pass catchers.

They have been able to hide weak QB play and keep winning because they are absolutely loaded everywhere else.

Yes, the Niners are very loaded everywhere. That’s why they’re 8-28 without Garoppolo…

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz is so good why did the Eagles dump him for Hurts? If he's so good why didn't the Colts make the playoffs?
All Wentz had to do for his team to make the playoffs was have a good game against the Jaguars and he shit the bed. Shit even Geno Smith dominated the Jaguars.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People use the coaching change WAY too much as an excuse when it often is a benefit.

There isnt any game tape on a new coach with a new team. So no one knows exactly how to attack them defensively. And it takes NFL defensive coordinators at LEAST 8-12 games to figure an offense out (usually one of them showing how it is done) and sometimes it takes multiple years.

Perfect example of this and how slow defenses are the adjust is still the Wildcat offense. It took most teams the better part of 2 years to figure out the very simple and obvious fact that you needed to account for the player taking the snap as a possible runner and base your numbers on that.
I mean, the guy was the OC in Minnesota the year before so they could get an idea what type of system he would run.

I can see what you are saying but learning yet another new offense with that kind of camp and no preseason games?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with RTK on the point that JimmyG isn't very good despite being a "winner". Beyond that though, I don't think Wentz is even top 20 at this point. Both of these guys have talent and from time to time will look great but I wouldn't want either starting for my team if I'm a current GM in the league. Too many brain farts and wtf moments for my liking.
A. both belong in the last half of the rankings. So saying one is better than the other is just splitting hairs to me.
I do think Wentz is the better passer than Jimmy G, but Wentz' problem is he lacks in the leadership role. So depends on their roles for the team on which would be better.
Jimmy G would probably be better on the Colts & Wentz could be the better player for the Niners for all I know. Like I said. When you get into the back half of rankings we are splitting hairs.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fuck all that. The Niners were built on an awesome defense & running game. (& the coach is a good coach)
One of those playoff victories he had a whopping 8 pass attempts. They dont ever win because the QB had to take the game into his hands.
He is the ultimate bus driver in a great situation. I dont believe he is a top 15 QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trent Dilfer won 1.

Those guys are 6.5 and 6.6 ypa QBs while Jimmy G is like 8.2. Jimmy G is a way, way better system QB than those guys.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25-22 53.2%

58-55 51.3%

33-14 70.2%

One of these records is not like the others…

Yes, the Niners are very loaded everywhere. That’s why they’re 8-28 without Garoppolo…
well a good part of that 8-28 record the Niners defense was riddled with season ending injuries as well. So.......

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many good QBs do you guys actually think there are?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably like 11
Yeah, it's somewhere between 10-13 right now I'd be comfortable with on a good team.

Outside of that, play a young QB and hope he develops.