• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 18 SUNDAY EDITION

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1704640918488.png
the good
bills/dolphins for the division
the bad
tb/car =bucs win they in
min/det=det is in vikes have a chance
atl/no= winner has a chance if tb loses
jck/ten=jags win they are in
sea/ari=sea has outside chance
chi/gb=gb has a chance
phi/nyg=eagles can win div with dall loss
dal/was=dal win=div
the ugly
cle/cin=playing for fun
nyj/ne=ditto
den/lv=ditto
kc/lac=ditto
lar/sf=ditto

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys aren’t losing to the Commanders today who are sitting starters. Eagles should come into this with starters getting limited run. No bye this year so they have to manufacture one this week. Under normal circumstances, I’d probably say let the starters play on the low percentage chance you can still win the division. However, the Met Life Stadium turf is the worst in the league and with the weather we’ve had on the East coast this weekend it promises to be a slick track. Essentially, what I’m talking about is worrying about putting sweet rims on a broken down car with no working engine.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys aren’t losing to the Commanders today who are sitting starters. Eagles should come into this with starters getting limited run. No bye this year so they have to manufacture one this week. Under normal circumstances, I’d probably say let the starters play on the low percentage chance you can still win the division. However, the Met Life Stadium turf is the worst in the league and with the weather we’ve had on the East coast this weekend it promises to be a slick track. Essentially, what I’m talking about is worrying about putting sweet rims on a broken down car with no working engine.
Eagles having lost 4 out of the last 5, I think the starters need to play so they can get back on the same page and get a little momentum heading into the playoffs

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles having lost 4 out of the last 5, I think the starters need to play so they can get back on the same page and get a little momentum heading into the playoffs
I don’t disagree in theory. However, this goal has apparently been the goal for the last 16 games and we haven’t seen it yet. I’d rather they come out of this healthy, circle the wagons and get into game prep for the NFC South champ. If it wasn’t the worst turf in the league I’d be on board with what you’re saying.

Again…I think this debate is really just rearranging deck seats on the Titanic. This team could be 12-5 and yet every contest this year has left me frustrated and disappointed. They just ain’t it this year. My only hope lies in that one year the Ravens lost 5 of their last 6 and still won a Super Bowl.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

Good luck to all except for the Green Bay Packers!

Da Bears Football GIF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the landscape at 1 o’clock for playoffs looks like this:
Tampa Carolina - Tampa wins and they clinch NFC South and 4 seed.
Atl New Orleans - New Orleans still has wild card scenarios and both teams have a pathway to division title if Tampa falters.
Tenn Jax - Jax needs to win to clinch division. Jax could be out of the playoffs within a loss.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

Good luck to all except for the Green Bay Packers!

Da Bears Football GIF
Lol, funny you should post that. I'm half heartedly rooting for the Pack just to end our misery sooner. Of course, the Packers could lose and Seattle would just shit the bed vs. the Cardinals but that would leave a more sour taste.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 350426
the good
bills/dolphins for the division
the bad
tb/car =bucs win they in
min/det=det is in vikes have a chance
atl/no= winner has a chance if tb loses
jck/ten=jags win they are in
sea/ari=sea has outside chance
chi/gb=gb has a chance
phi/nyg=eagles can win div with dall loss
dal/was=dal win=div
the ugly
cle/cin=playing for fun
nyj/ne=ditto
den/lv=ditto
kc/lac=ditto
lar/sf=ditto
Dont the winner still have a chance if the packers lose as well? Even if the Bucs win.
This way @tabascojet wont have to be mad at me if the bucs win. His team can still get in :becky:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, funny you should post that. I'm half heartedly rooting for the Pack just to end our misery sooner. Of course, the Packers could lose and Seattle would just shit the bed vs. the Cardinals but that would leave a more sour taste.
I’m same spot you are on the bolded. Then I remind myself about the nature of playoffs and you just need to be the best for 60 minutes and catch some breaks. If we have a chip and chair, brother, there’s still a chance!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m same spot you are on the bolded. Then I remind myself about the nature of playoffs and you just need to be the best for 60 minutes and catch some breaks. If we have a chip and chair, brother, there’s still a chance!
Plus. None of us have seen the NFL scripts yet. So all teams still have a chance.
Might be the Browns vs. Lions so we can cross two more teams off the list of never been to a Superbowl.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point... Good example was the Beast Quake game when the Hawks finished the season 7-9 and squeaked into the postseason...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont the winner still have a chance if the packers lose as well? Even if the Bucs win.
This way @tabascojet wont have to be mad at me if the bucs win. His team can still get in :becky:
I think so. Saints could still get the WC if both GB and Seattle lose. I'm not sure on the tiebreakers.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently,the dallas ball busting of washington is being seen all over.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. Saints could still get the WC if both GB and Seattle lose. I'm not sure on the tiebreakers.
didnt even think of the Seahawks. If they both finish 9-8 the hawks are ahead of the Saints I take it?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well with them being division rivals. It could always land in the you never know section.
but also with Riverboat on his way out. They could pull a "one more for the gipper" out of their ass.