• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of 2021-22 QB Rankings

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get a Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen. I don’t know why more teams don’t do that?
I don't think you need a Mahomes or Allen but having a good QB can make up for a couple of defeciences other QBs can't. Burrow got sacked 9 times and still won. That's what a good QB can get you.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you need a Mahomes or Allen but having a good QB can make up for a couple of defeciences other QBs can't. Burrow got sacked 9 times and still won. That's what a good QB can get you.
Yea I was joking. Look at the 49ers their QB contributes almost nothing and they are still a very good team.

On another note the Bengals to figure out how to protect Burrow better dude is gonna turn into Luck 2.0

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many good QBs do you guys actually think there are?

That’s a very good question. I’ll go name-by-name, just my opinion:

Mahomes, Rodgers - elite

Burrow, Allen, Brady - very good

Wilson - missed time this year, but I s believe still very good

Stafford - good, borderline very good

Herbert - good and getting better

Jackson - good but inconsistent

Jimmy G - good despite not putting up great stats

Prescott, Mayfield, Murray - good but have a lot to prove, especially in postseason

Carr, Wentz - decent, but hard to really call good

Jones - potential is there, just wonder if he’s Brady or Cassel

Tua - I believed he could be good, and he could certainly have a breakout year next year, but if not, he may not even keep his starting job. Not good right now

Everyone I have below Tua is definitely not good, but there are a couple young names that certainly have potential. Wilson can make a name for himself if the Jets can add some talent. Fields with a coach that can actually coach him might make some flashes.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Grossman made a super bowl.

Trent Dilfer won 1.

The 9ers have a top notch defense, a tremendous offensive line, the best run game in the NFL and 3 very talented pass catchers.

They have been able to hide weak QB play and keep winning because they are absolutely loaded everywhere else.

Jim Plunkett won 2.
Jim McMahon
Doug Williams
Jeff Hostetler
Brad Johnson
Nick Foles

All SB winners.

Hell, Bradshaw was slightly above average and he won 4.

The "rings" argument drives me nuts.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But Jimmy G is Alex Smith.

Good enough to win in the ideal situation.

Going to struggle with anything less.
I just noticed that we had Jimmy G ranked in roughly the same place so our opinions on Jimmy G are probably pretty close.

I think people should be genuinely scared if they think Jimmy G is Alex Smith. Alex Smith went 9-7 in his last year in KC and Mahomes stepped in and went 13-5 and lost his chance at a Super Bowl due to a coin flip. If the Niners found a way to upgrade Jimmy G then they are running the NFC with ease.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But Jimmy G is Alex Smith.

Good enough to win in the ideal situation.

Going to struggle with anything less.
Ya know, I really feel bad for Alex Smith in a way. I truly believe that a lot of his "game manager" tag was conditioned into him by the then completely disfunctional Niner organization. The guy spent 7 years there and had 7 different OCs and 3 different HCs including Mike Singletary. It's a friggin miracle Smith didn't end up in a mental hospital.
As for JimmyG, the guy honestly has had some games where you come away impressed. The game in New Orleans in 2019 comes to mind. The guy played lights out and they needed that one to keep HFA. They did rush for over 160 yds but Garrapolo was 26/35 for 349 yds, 4 TDs and 1 int. But then he does shit like the Dallas game last week or this Green Bay game that just makes you wonder wtf is going on in that head.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25-22 53.2%

58-55 51.3%

33-14 70.2%

One of these records is not like the others…

Yes, the Niners are very loaded everywhere. That’s why they’re 8-28 without Garoppolo…
I'm not a Garoppolo fan per se but I like Garoppolo more than most people on this site do. The problem with the numbers you've posted in the context. Under Shanahan the 49ers have been injury-riddled for most of the time. When Garoppolo has been injured it has invariably been when the 49ers where already so badly hurt that they weren't competitive with or without him. That accounts for quite a few of the 28 losses they've had in his absence. Furthermore the back-up QBs the 49ers have had have generally been poor and they've disappeared outside of San Francisco. When Garoppolo has been healthy it's generally been when the rest of the team was also healthy. Consequently the won/lost stats are warped. I'd have Garoppolo in the 12-15 range. Statistically he's had a near ProBowl season, but his performances haven't warranted those stats. Shanahan has done a good job of playing to Garoppolo's strengths whilst hiding his weaknesses.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, I really feel bad for Alex Smith in a way. I truly believe that a lot of his "game manager" tag was conditioned into him by the then completely disfunctional Niner organization. The guy spent 7 years there and had 7 different OCs and 3 different HCs including Mike Singletary. It's a friggin miracle Smith didn't end up in a mental hospital.
As for JimmyG, the guy honestly has had some games where you come away impressed. The game in New Orleans in 2019 comes to mind. The guy played lights out and they needed that one to keep HFA. They did rush for over 160 yds but Garrapolo was 26/35 for 349 yds, 4 TDs and 1 int. But then he does shit like the Dallas game last week or this Green Bay game that just makes you wonder wtf is going on in that head.

Alex Smith was jerked around a lot in SF. After he left, he started winning, but he wasn't ever a star in KC and never really lived up to being the #1 overall pick.

I always wonder how things would have been different had the 9ers chosen Rodgers and Smith falls to GB.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith was jerked around a lot in SF. After he left, he started winning, but he wasn't ever a star in KC and never really lived up to being the #1 overall pick.

I always wonder how things would have been different had the 9ers chosen Rodgers and Smith falls to GB.
Idk Rogers has already helped out the 49ers plenty in the playoffs.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought when the Niners passed up on Rodgers, that Rodgers would help the Niners win 4 playoff games!
That was actually my first thought when the Packers drafted Rodgers.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising Tompa Brady is still so high in the rankings.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that we had Jimmy G ranked in roughly the same place so our opinions on Jimmy G are probably pretty close.

I think people should be genuinely scared if they think Jimmy G is Alex Smith. Alex Smith went 9-7 in his last year in KC and Mahomes stepped in and went 13-5 and lost his chance at a Super Bowl due to a coin flip. If the Niners found a way to upgrade Jimmy G then they are running the NFC with ease.

Trey Lance isn’t Mahomes, and he is very raw.

But he is that upgrade.

Question is, when will he be ready?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I like Alex smith.

Not a criticism to compare the two.

People just have to understand these guys win because they are smart and they know how to manage a game.

I think with QBs like him, once that snowball starts rolling downhill and you get the run game going, they are capable of lighting a defense up.

But when the defense knows he has to throw it to beat you? Odds are he will come up short.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not including Watson

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Rodgers
4. Brady
5. Herbert
6. Burrow
7. Jackson
8. R. Wilson
9. Prescott
10. Stafford
11. Cousins
12. Murray
13. Tannehill
14. Carr
15. Garoppolo
16. Winston
17. M. Jones
18. Ryan
19. Bridgewater
20. Tagovailoa
21. Hurts
22. Wentz
23. Mayfield
24. Heinicke
25. Fields
26. Goff
27. Lawrence
28. Mills
29. D. Jones
30. Roethlisberger
31. Z. Wilson
32. Darnold

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this is speculative imo. Especially some of these rookies like Fields, Lawrence, Z. Wilson. For the right now, yeah, lower tier but they really were in terrible situations. Some of the other guys like Goff, Darnold, Daniel Jones are now pretty much known commodities. We can pretty much call them busts at this point. Jury's still out on a few like Tua and Hurts but they will have to show a lot of improvement next season. Time is getting short for guys like that. I also think a few of these "starters" are only starting because of the money they are getting paid. I can see Wentz being a back-up after his contract ends.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of this is speculative imo. Especially some of these rookies like Fields, Lawrence, Z. Wilson. For the right now, yeah, lower tier but they really were in terrible situations. Some of the other guys like Goff, Darnold, Daniel Jones are now pretty much known commodities. We can pretty much call them busts at this point. Jury's still out on a few like Tua and Hurts but they will have to show a lot of improvement next season. Time is getting short for guys like that. I also think a few of these "starters" are only starting because of the money they are getting paid. I can see Wentz being a back-up after his contract ends.
If he fails next year I see him becoming a back up