• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of 2021-22 QB Rankings

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't good for sure but I think we have to wait and see on most of these rookies. Poor coaching and shitty situations and we all pretty much knew they all needed development.
Honestly, I think these rankings should only include QBs with 25+ starts under their belt.
Thats fair but then theyre not really 21-22 rankings. More career in which case multilple guys would be vastly differently rated for most of us

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a better year than Lamar though
Everyone on the Ravens got hurt so I guess there is some merit to that. Worst pass defense in the league, skill players getting hurt, oline in shambles.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on the Ravens got hurt so I guess there is some merit to that. Worst pass defense in the league, skill players getting hurt, oline in shambles.
For sure. But lots of dudes who have had wayyyy more career success tgan Murray dealt with shit this year. Murray dealt with stuff himself with DHop getting hurt

Yearly rankings will always have a wider array of opinion than career rankings

If youre doing career rankings your including

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Wilson
Big Ben
Ryan
Stafford
Jackson

As your top 8 in some order but those are really the only 8 you coulx currently consider as theyre the only 8 with awards, team success anx or elite stats

Everyone else is either too young, too shitty or both to currently be ahead of anyone in that group

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to figure out why he misses high so often. It's one thing to miss but it's another entirely to miss high. Those are picks like half the time.
There were some stretches he really did miss high a lot, but think that was blown out of proportion on occasion. I saw many call a pass too high when it was very catchable but the receiver just had to jump, but dropped it (which receivers do all the time and catch passes).

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is five foot nothing and needs his wheels to navigate defenses. I tip my hat to the guy being as good as he has been. Because I thought he'd for sure bust.
but, but, but..he's five foot ten!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. But lots of dudes who have had wayyyy more career success tgan Murray dealt with shit this year. Murray dealt with stuff himself with DHop getting hurt

Yearly rankings will always have a wider array of opinion than career rankings

If youre doing career rankings your including

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Wilson
Big Ben
Ryan
Stafford
Jackson

As your top 8 in some order but those are really the only 8 you coulx currently consider as theyre the only 8 with awards, team success anx or elite stats

Everyone else is either too young, too shitty or both to currently be ahead of anyone in that group
I was making my list in terms of where I see them at in the moment and not really a yearly or career list. I would probably drop a couple of players if it was based purely on this year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fair but then theyre not really 21-22 rankings. More career in which case multilple guys would be vastly differently rated for most of us
Not really career. I was more thinking just individual season but for QBs that are already established starters. Hard to get an honest assessment on Zach Wilson, Davis Mills, Fields, etc. when they aren't playing every game due to whatever reasons. There are always a few outliers lke Mahomes or Herbert who just ball out from day one but it's rare.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think Cousins is better than Jimmy g is enough to ignore the rest of your post.

Well…

The 49ers just spent the 3rd overall pick on Jimmy G’s replacement.

Kyle Shannahan coached both of them.

When he coached Cousins, his team didn’t have the NFL’s 30th ranked pass rate.

Shannahan also tried pretty hard to get Cousins from Washington. Jimmy G was the back up plan when that failed.

Without considering salary cap, if Kyle Shannahan had a choice between the 2, pretty sure I know who he would choose.

And it wouldn’t be Jimmy G.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well…

The 49ers just spent the 3rd overall pick on Jimmy G’s replacement.

Kyle Shannahan coached both of them.

When he coached Cousins, his team didn’t have the NFL’s 30th ranked pass rate.

Shannahan also tried pretty hard to get Cousins from Washington. Jimmy G was the back up plan when that failed.

Without considering salary cap, if Kyle Shannahan had a choice between the 2, pretty sure I know who he would choose.

And it wouldn’t be Jimmy G.

Yet Jimmy G is one game shy of his 2nd SB appearance in 3 seasons and Cousins is already on vacation. If we’re ranking QBs, who Kyle Shanahan would prefer is entirely irrelevant.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Jimmy G is one game shy of his 2nd SB appearance in 3 seasons and Cousins is already on vacation. If we’re ranking QBs, who Kyle Shanahan would prefer is entirely irrelevant.

Are we talking about who the better player is?

Because I would bet Kyle would say Kirk is better if answering candidly.

9ers are winning with Jimmy G, not because of him. And there is a big difference. Can’t be taking victory laps when your guy just went 11-19 for 131 and a pick in the divisional win.

They won because of defense and special teams while Jimmy G was kept out of the way.

He has more INT than TDs dating back to week 12

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about who the better player is?

Because I would bet Kyle would say Kirk is better if answering candidly.

9ers are winning with Jimmy G, not because of him. And there is a big difference. Can’t be taking victory laps when your guy just went 11-19 for 131 and a pick in the divisional win.

They won because of defense and special teams while Jimmy G was kept out of the way.

I’m talking about ranking QBs. Rank them however you want, just don’t expect to be taken seriously when your reasoning is, “some coach probably likes player A more than player B.”

If you think Cousins is better than Garoppolo because he has better stats, that’s fine. Perfectly reasonable. I prefer wins to stats, so my opinion is different. I’m just not willing to accept that Trey Lance being a 49er proves that Cousins is better than Jimmy G.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m talking about ranking QBs. Rank them however you want, just don’t expect to be taken seriously when your reasoning is, “some coach probably likes player A more than player B.”

If you think Cousins is better than Garoppolo because he has better stats, that’s fine. Perfectly reasonable. I prefer wins to stats, so my opinion is different. I’m just not willing to accept that Trey Lance being a 49er proves that Cousins is better than Jimmy G.

It isn’t just “some coach”.

It is Jimmy G’s current head coach who also happens to be in Washington when Cousins was drafted. And he worked with him for 2 years there.

And it does.

If the 9ers viewed Jimmy G as a top 10-12 QB, do you really think they would have drafted Trey Lance?

Of course they wouldn’t.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t just “some coach”.

It is Jimmy G’s current head coach who also happens to be in Washington when Cousins was drafted. And he worked with him for 2 years there.

And it does.

If the 9ers viewed Jimmy G as a top 10-12 QB, do you really think they would have drafted Trey Lance?

Of course they wouldn’t.

Then why isn’t Trey Lance starting? The fact is, Garoppolo is the Niners starter and the Niners are one win away from their 2nd SB in 3 seasons.

They didn’t get their with Lance and they didn’t get their with Cousins. Say whatever you wish about Jimmy G’s performances in the postseason, he is the man under center that has guided them here.

Maybe QBs are given too much credit for winning… Maybe not… All I know for sure is that Jimmy G is the man that has led this team to the position they are in. The same team that is 8-28 without him. That’s impressive, even if his stats are not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why isn’t Trey Lance starting? The fact is, Garoppolo is the Niners starter and the Niners are one win away from their 2nd SB in 3 seasons.

They didn’t get their with Lance and they didn’t get their with Cousins. Say whatever you wish about Jimmy G’s performances in the postseason, he is the man under center that has guided them here.

Maybe QBs are given too much credit for winning… Maybe not… All I know for sure is that Jimmy G is the man that has led this team to the position they are in. The same team that is 8-28 without him. That’s impressive, even if his stats are not.

Because he is a raw rookie.

Pretty simple

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is a raw rookie.

Pretty simple

And? Even as a veteran, he may never be able to accomplish what Jimmy G has with San Francisco. What then? Would you say that Lance is better because his passes are prettier than Garoppolo’s?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? Even as a veteran, he may never be able to accomplish what Jimmy G has with San Francisco. What then? Would you say that Lance is better because his passes are prettier than Garoppolo’s?

You mean he might not hand it off 30+ times a game and get to the Super Bowl?

You are right.

I am not saying Lance is going to be better than Jimmy G.

What I am saying is that if the 9ers thought Jimmy G was anywhere near as good as you do, they would have gone somewhere else with a very valuable pick. They would be investing around their 30 year old franchise QB.

The reality is that even despite all of the team success this season, there is a solid chance Jimmy G is on another team next year.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean he might not hand it off 30+ times a game and get to the Super Bowl?

You are right.

I am not saying Lance is going to be better than Jimmy G.

What I am saying is that if the 9ers thought Jimmy G was anywhere near as good as you do, they would have gone somewhere else with a very valuable pick. They would be investing around their 30 year old franchise QB.

The reality is that even despite all of the team success this season, there is a solid chance Jimmy G is on another team next year.

And what would you say if, on another team, with pedestrian stats, Jimmy G also leads that team deep into the playoffs?