• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles want to trade Bennett

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so much practice you should be better at this....

Hell a specially gifted 2nd grader cab figure out the Philly dilema.

But not you Rocko:thumb:

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 and counting. Bennett now gone. Will Long make it 19?

Before Long makes his decision let me ask you a question.

Should they keep Long or is he easily replaceable as well?

I'm getting a little tired of the Philly two step so just want to be prepared.

1. You do realize I never said EASILY replaceable. Gonna have to work at it, but all those FA's can be replaced.

2. You also do realize I haven't commented on the trade right? Would've loved to have bennet back, but it sounds like his mouth got him out of here.

3. Would love Long back. I hope he is. The good thing is this is a supposedly deep D-line draft.

4. All teams have to replace players every year.

5. It's not like they have to sign 17 people. They don't have only 30 guys on the roster. Some of those FA's will be replaced with guys already on the roster. You people act like they have to sign a player for every one the lose.

I honestly think some of you are just being ignorant to get under Eagles fans' skins. Especially the way you twist words around or put words in people's mouth.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you didn't get the news that the eagles are losing 17 all pros who can't be replaced.

HaHa

Guess so. I figure this is the NFL and every team has roster turnover and it's up to the front office to get fresh ingredients

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not the number it’s who they are AND how much cap space they have. Don’t worry... you’re already on record about those players. It’s gonna be fun watching you walk back those comments.

Jesus Christ, that's been my point the whole time. The number is stupid. The quality is not. And, except for a few of the Eagles FA's, the quality is not there. Whether it's age, injury, or crap play, many of those players either didn't contribute last year, played a role as a backup/ST guy, or just flat out sucked.

I really think some of you just want to get under Eagles fan's skin and don't believe what you say.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You do realize I never said EASILY replaceable. Gonna have to work at it, but all those FA's can be replaced.

2. You also do realize I haven't commented on the trade right? Would've loved to have bennet back, but it sounds like his mouth got him out of here.

3. Would love Long back. I hope he is. The good thing is this is a supposedly deep D-line draft.

4. All teams have to replace players every year.

5. It's not like they have to sign 17 people. They don't have only 30 guys on the roster. Some of those FA's will be replaced with guys already on the roster. You people act like they have to sign a player for every one the lose.

I honestly think some of you are just being ignorant to get under Eagles fans' skins. Especially the way you twist words around or put words in people's mouth.
:what:
1. You may be on an island in Philly? Your compratriots don't agree with you.
2. See # 1
3. It's still up in the air and again your compatriots are on record he's an aging vet. A situational player. Easily replaced.
4. True but not 17 + and not when they don't have a franchise QB or back up QB locked up.
5. Every team is mandated to carry 53 men on their roster. Not sure what you're trying to claim here?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, that's been my point the whole time. The number is stupid. The quality is not. And, except for a few of the Eagles FA's, the quality is not there. Whether it's age, injury, or crap play, many of those players either didn't contribute last year, played a role as a backup/ST guy, or just flat out sucked.

I really think some of you just want to get under Eagles fan's skin and don't believe what you say.

You made the dumb statement “who have they lost” insinuating there’s no cap problem. Almost every writer out there says the eagles have a cap problem. Some of us were pointing out the large list of FAs the eagles have. That currently have one QB on their roster who’s not a FA.

Now it’s US lying to get under eagles fans skin? You’re like the others: lost... totally lost. You’re living in a dream world. The eagles are in far worse shape this year than this same time last year. It was fun watching them implode last year and watching eagles fans try and explain it all away. I’m sure this year will be just as much fun. For now I’ll just say to you...

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made the dumb statement “who have they lost” insinuating there’s no cap problem. Almost every writer out there says the eagles have a cap problem. Some of us were pointing out the large list of FAs the eagles have. That currently have one QB on their roster who’s not a FA.

Now it’s US lying to get under eagles fans skin? You’re like the others: lost... totally lost. You’re living in a dream world. The eagles are in far worse shape this year than this same time last year. It was fun watching them implode last year and watching eagles fans try and explain it all away. I’m sure this year will be just as much fun. For now I’ll just say to you...

1. In what language does asking "who have the lost" translate to "no cap problem"? They could have $100mil in cap space and I'd ask the same thing about those 17 FA's. Who have they lost?

2. Are they in the best cap spot? No. But, they're not in the cap hell many of you predicted. A few contracts reworked, a few players let go, and they're fine. They have the money to resign who they want (minus Foles who I've already said is a casualty of the NFL's cap vs the Eagles), sign a few mid level FA's to replace what they lose and sign draft picks.

3. They will resign sudfeld at some point and another minimum salary QB. NO worry there.

4. Disingenuous would be the word I use, not lying. But, yes, a few of you are being that whether through willful ignorance or flat out stupidity. I'd say it's willful ignorance to try to get under eagles fans' skin.

5. if a divisional round loss after a Super Bowl win is imploding in your mind, I don't know what to say. Hell, the Pats missed the playoffs they year after their 1st Super Bowl win, so you may want to wait a year or 2 b4 saying the Eagles imploded after theirs.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. In what language does asking "who have the lost" translate to "no cap problem"? They could have $100mil in cap space and I'd ask the same thing about those 17 FA's. Who have they lost?

2. Are they in the best cap spot? No. But, they're not in the cap hell many of you predicted. A few contracts reworked, a few players let go, and they're fine. They have the money to resign who they want (minus Foles who I've already said is a casualty of the NFL's cap vs the Eagles), sign a few mid level FA's to replace what they lose and sign draft picks.

3. They will resign sudfeld at some point and another minimum salary QB. NO worry there.

4. Disingenuous would be the word I use, not lying. But, yes, a few of you are being that whether through willful ignorance or flat out stupidity. I'd say it's willful ignorance to try to get under eagles fans' skin.

5. if a divisional round loss after a Super Bowl win is imploding in your mind, I don't know what to say. Hell, the Pats missed the playoffs they year after their 1st Super Bowl win, so you may want to wait a year or 2 b4 saying the Eagles imploded after theirs.

Hahaha. That is so much bullshit you are drowning in it. You’re lost.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. That is so much bullshit you are drowning in it. You’re lost.

So you have no response to what I said? You must be implying that I'm right but can't bring yourself to say it. What did I say that you don't agree with or is flat out wrong?

This is a really a stupid conversation anyway, since in reality not a single team has lost a FA yet. This should probably be a conversation to have in June when camps are gearing up to see who lost what and replaced with who.

But, just for fun, can you answer the question of who have they lost that can't be replaced? And Foles is one I've already said is big so he's not an answer.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have no response to what I said? You must be implying that I'm right but can't bring yourself to say it. What did I say that you don't agree with or is flat out wrong?

This is a really a stupid conversation anyway, since in reality not a single team has lost a FA yet. This should probably be a conversation to have in June when camps are gearing up to see who lost what and replaced with who.

But, just for fun, can you answer the question of who have they lost that can't be replaced? And Foles is one I've already said is big so he's not an answer.

:lalala:

That’s you

Bwhahaha

This conversation is premature... no team has lost anyone yet.

Bwhahaha.

June? The legal tampering period is about to begin. You won’t have to wait till June to find out who the Eagles lost.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at these Eagles fans just glossing over the loss of Foles. It’s hilarious!!

They traded for Golden Tate at the deadline but now they don’t need him.

Bwhahaha.

Please stop... my stomach hurts from laughing so hard!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y
Not reading through 11 pages to figure this out, but you do realize that your link supports $27 million, right?

There are two moves the Eagles would save more cap space, but they also traded Michael Bennett to the New England Patriots Friday. The Eagles are currently $19,762,690 in available cap space, but will be $26,962,690 once the trade is official. This is without the two moves proposed above.
yep that was well established liek the 3 posts after u

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look EKA, I understand your defense of the Eagles. Patriots fans have gone through the same thing annually since 2004. I don't want to become an added member to your pissing contest, but you have a problem with you response above.

The Eagles are in Cap hell and they're in personnel hell. You try to make yoursolution to the problems very simple but they're very complex.

1. Reworking contracts...........Pleyersdon't want to rework contracts unless the new contract is actually better than the old one. Generally, reworking a contract means guaranteeing a huge portion of the new one. Hence the risk is huge because the new contract insures that apleyer gets money in the future that counts against the cap even if the player is no longer on the team.

2. Letting go of players..........Creates a bigger personnel problem because you must either replace them with equal or better players. That is much more difficult than you're expressing.

3. Sign mid level FAs.................Do these mid level FAs want to play in Philadelphia? Will Philly sign these mid level guys to mid level contracts or will they miss out trying to get guys on the cheap? Not as easy as you state, because not everyone wants to part of every team. There may not be the quality level of FAs to replace the guys that a team lost.

4. Sign Draft picks.................. You'll sign all of your draft picks but how many will be good enough to make the team? How many will stay healthy for the entire year? Review and look at how many of thefirst, second and third round picks over the past five years are still with the Eagles. The drafyt is a crap shoot and planning on 6 or 7 rookies coming in and taking the place of 6 or 7 veterans is very scary.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2771661_0.jpg

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look EKA, I understand your defense of the Eagles. Patriots fans have gone through the same thing annually since 2004. I don't want to become an added member to your pissing contest, but you have a problem with you response above.

It's all good. I don't mind good football conversation. It's the stupidity of things I can't stand. Let me address your points best I can.

orking contracts...........Pleyersdon't want to rework contracts unless the new contract is actually better than the old one. Generally, reworking a contract means guaranteeing a huge portion of the new one. Hence the risk is huge because the new contract insures that apleyer gets money in the future that counts against the cap even if the player is no longer on the team.

This is true. But all contracts are a risk. NFL players are more concerned with the signing bonus than other sports because of the nonguaranteed contracts.

2. Letting go of players..........Creates a bigger personnel problem because you must either replace them with equal or better players. That is much more difficult than you're expressing.

Never said it was easy. But it can be done.

3. Sign mid level FAs.................Do these mid level FAs want to play in Philadelphia? Will Philly sign these mid level guys to mid level contracts or will they miss out trying to get guys on the cheap? Not as easy as you state, because not everyone wants to part of every team. There may not be the quality level of FAs to replace the guys that a team lost.

That's the question we will find out. Hence why I said this conversation is dumb at this time. No one knows who will sign where or what they will lose.

n Draft picks.................. You'll sign all of your draft picks but how many will be good enough to make the team? How many will stay healthy for the entire year? Review and look at how many of thefirst, second and third round picks over the past five years are still with the Eagles. The drafyt is a crap shoot and planning on 6 or 7 rookies coming in and taking the place of 6 or 7 veterans is very scary.

Again, very true. But again, they're not replacing the core group. They're replacing the rest. If the Eagles f up the draft then you can rip them. And that's the crapshoot.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's well established that Jordan Mailata is going to have a breakthrough season and be a valuable member of the OL on the cheap.

And also a backup RB and QB....

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lalala:

That’s you

Bwhahaha

This conversation is premature... no team has lost anyone yet.

Bwhahaha.

June? The legal tampering period

So again, nothing to say. You still haven't addressed who the Eagles lost that can't be replaced.

Yes June. Unless you think every FA is signed at 12:01 of the 1st day of FA.

Look at these Eagles fans just glossing over the loss of Foles. It’s hilarious!!

They traded for Golden Tate at the deadline but now they don’t need him.

Bwhahaha.

Please stop... my stomach hurts from laughing so hard!

Glossed over?!? UMMM OK. I guess you missed where I specifically addressed that as a big loss, but a reality of the NFL cap rules.

Golden Tate is now some superstar they can't replace? He did soooo much when here. Jordon Matthews was probably your better choice to make a point.

Let me try to ask you this again since you avoid this answer.

Who have the Eagles lost that can't be replaced besides Foles.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not annoying, it's just how the ankle biters act when you're on top of the world like the Eagles.
The best head coach in the league, beats all the coaches of the years AND Bill Belichick.

We're the most important team in the league.

Not only that but we also beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

:hammer:

Yup yup, we're gonna be here a while.:yes:
Top of the World? Last I checked you all slipped on a pile of horse shit. Hell that pile could have fed a few Philadelphians for a year.