• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles want to trade Bennett

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap.

Not to mention those 5 players had decent back ups that could fill in and did. NE also didn't have to mortgage the farm because their GM didn't allow them to get put into cap hell.

Whoever paid for Howies, as PE1 puts it for law contract school should be fired.
you know.
I was thinking. if I was one of the other 31 teams during the cap era. especially lets say in the the last two decades. The Pats is probably the last team I wanted to compare my cap guruness too.
But I forget. Sometimes. I am logical.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what we are trying to tell you are they aren’t crucial to our success. We understand depth. Most of those guys are easily replaced. What you don’t understand is the never ending narrative of how we are fucked. First it was the cap will kill you at the end of the season. Then resigning Wentz will be the Eagles demise. Now it’s a bunch of guys who never even played or over 33 years of age or spent the entire season on IR are going to be the end.
No Howie and apparently you don't understand depth. Otherwise it wouldn't have been your excuse for failing to get back to the SB. So no you've proven you don't understand.

OK start easily naming their replacements without busting the cap again. While you're at add replacements for Bennett and Long.

You are starting to finally understand how the cap affects the team like we've been telling you all along. You still haven't signed Wince and still have 17 vacancies or more to fill. It's not just $ dumb dumb. Great Phillly is somewhere between $20-30M below the cap finally. That's not great even for a team who's already signed their franchise QB and don't have a bazillion holes to fill.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. they rank 36th to 53rd on the importance chart.
But then if that is true. Makes you wonder why they are getting paid as much as they are if such a cap guru :hmm:

I guess both cant be right. :think:

So I wonder which it is. if the cap guru wouldnt over pay 36th through 53rd best guys.
So it sounds like they arent all at the bottom of food chain.
or
is it the other way around?

Bingo you've just unvieled the Howie mystique. Most of us learned kick the can in 4th grade. Howie got a degree in it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it will happen easily. I’m just saying the majority of those guys weren’t major contributors. They have to have a couple really good drafts to stay a top team but replacing Warmack, Ngata, Sproles, a #4 WR and a ST guy who hasn’t played in 2 years won’t be impossible.
Fuck:mad2:
That is all you've been saying:lol::lol:

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say if the list I’d personally like to have Hicks, Darby and Tate back mainly cause they’re 3 solid to upper level players. However, given their injury histories and what they’d command I’m ok letting them walk. The rest of the guys can walk and you can find similar value in Draft/FA.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we redo Agholor we will have over 33 million. We will be signing some mid tier FAs. But I know the Hoop routine, the Eagles are absolutely fucked and need to replace a 3rd string G, 6 guys who didn’t play because of injury, a 3rd string TE, a ST guy a #4 WR picked up mid season and replace them all with all pros.
Apparently you're pretty sure Agholor wants to have a seat on the Eagle train wreck.

Humor me. How easy will it be to replace Agholor. He must be close to the 45th best player on the Eagle squad. So it's easy right?

Or are you saying you want to retain him?

Otherwise you're filling 18+ vaccancies:dhd:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know.
I was thinking. if I was one of the other 31 teams during the cap era. especially lets say in the the last two decades. The Pats is probably the last team I wanted to compare my cap guruness too.

Well considering the Pats have almost certainly been circumventing the cap illegaly (paying TB through his 'companies') in order to keep his salary artificially low, I would not compare the Pats to any other team either as far as cap management goes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know.
We call that Philogic

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering the Pats have almost certainly been circumventing the cap illegaly (paying TB through his 'companies') in order to keep his salary artificially low, I would not compare the Pats to any other team either as far as cap management goes.
This has to be true otherwise TB would be eating Ramen, asking Giselle for gas money to fill up his Aston Martinsssssssssss:thumb:

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say if the list I’d personally like to have Hicks, Darby and Tate back mainly cause they’re 3 solid to upper level players. However, given their injury histories and what they’d command I’m ok letting them walk. The rest of the guys can walk and you can find similar value in Draft/FA.

Apparently you didn't get the news that the eagles are losing 17 all pros who can't be replaced.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you're pretty sure Agholor wants to have a seat on the Eagle train wreck.

Humor me. How easy will it be to replace Agholor. He must be close to the 45th best player on the Eagle squad. So it's easy right?

Or are you saying you want to retain him?

Otherwise you're filling 18+ vaccancies:dhd:

His production isn’t worth $9.4M.
Either gets restructured or cut by mid March.

This isn’t rocket science, but you’re taking the Dunning-Kruger effect to a new high....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His production isn’t worth $9.4M.
Either gets restructured or cut by mid March.

This isn’t rocket science, but you’re taking the Dunning-Kruger effect to a new high....

Well if he didn't have an oft injured, chuck and duck QB throwing to him he may be:noidea:

Don't sweat it. Easily replaceable. Does that make # 19 or # 20? I've lost count again.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 NFL free agents by team

I keep seeing this 17 number thrown out there like it means the Eagles are screwed. Looks to me from this list that most teams have 10-15 FA's.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 NFL free agents by team

I keep seeing this 17 number thrown out there like it means the Eagles are screwed. Looks to me from this list that most teams have 10-15 FA's.

It’s not the number it’s who they are AND how much cap space they have. Don’t worry... you’re already on record about those players. It’s gonna be fun watching you walk back those comments.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he didn't have an oft injured, chuck and duck QB throwing to him he may be:noidea:

Don't sweat it. Easily replaceable. Does that make # 19 or # 20? I've lost count again.

With so much practice you should be better at this....

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excuse me... that’s SuperBowl champion Pats !

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
false

Eagles officially have $19,762,690 in salary cap space

yet they stilll have 12309 guys to sign no one realizes that
Not reading through 11 pages to figure this out, but you do realize that your link supports $27 million, right?

There are two moves the Eagles would save more cap space, but they also traded Michael Bennett to the New England Patriots Friday. The Eagles are currently $19,762,690 in available cap space, but will be $26,962,690 once the trade is official. This is without the two moves proposed above.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current and 6x SB winners
vs
One and done and an early playoff exit. Add 17 spots to fill with approximately $20M. Yeah I'm butt hurt. :pound:
That's exactly what makes it so funny.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you didn't get the news that the eagles are losing 17 all pros who can't be replaced.
18 and counting. Bennett now gone. Will Long make it 19?

Before Long makes his decision let me ask you a question.

Should they keep Long or is he easily replaceable as well?

I'm getting a little tired of the Philly two step so just want to be prepared.