• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is now the time to trade Metcalf?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Try to get TL to restructure and bring this group back. I want Mac to put his focus this year on getting this defense back to respectability and add in the following years draft get it back to top 5 defense.

That is my preferred path as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK is a middle of the pack WR 12-18 range with elite generational size and speed. Now had he been a top 7 WR with that size and speed I could see someone offering a first but he isn't. I would rather he stay here than take a 2nd Rounder for him. He needs to grow up though.

Lockett I should hope would restructure and stick around, team is better with him than with out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK is a middle of the pack WR 12-18 range with elite generational size and speed. Now had he been a top 7 WR with that size and speed I could see someone offering a first but he isn't. I would rather he stay here than take a 2nd Rounder for him. He needs to grow up though.

Lockett I should hope would restructure and stick around, team is better with him than with out.

Not sure I could name 10 WRs I would take over DK. I would probably put him in the 7-10 range.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on from Metcalf. He's in the middle of he pack at the wideout level, but he is a hothead and has not matured. He's going to continue to draw unnecessary penalties.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I could name 10 WRs I would take over DK. I would probably put him in the 7-10 range.

A 5-year vet who hasn't seemed to mature since the day he got here and coming off what was arguably his worst season since he was a rookie? 43 WRs had 60 catches last year. 28 had 1000 yards. 16 had 8 touchdowns. And 10 did all three - of which DK was one of those. I could make an argument for each of them over DK, though in reality it's more like 6 (Hill, Evans, Lamb, St. Brown, Moore & Diggs) with Adams being on the bubble. Granted, there are those outside this list of 10 I would probably put above DK - Chase, Samuel, Kupp, Jefferson with Nakua being borderline to see if he can build on his rookie campaign. I think putting DK in the 12-18 range is reasonable, with me putting him closer to 12 than 18.

I would also point out that I want to see how the new offense works for him. I don't know if maturing is really gonna be in his wheel house, and that's fine, some very good - great players never matured in the ways I'd like to see DK mature. I would just love to see his game move forward and DK be more a complete player. I'm hoping the issue has been Waldron and not that Waldron was already getting out of DK what was feasible.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget DK got 119 targets and caught only 66 of them, thats not good. With 119 targets he needs to hit that 75 catches at least in my eyes. Also lets be real for a moment, a man his size should dominate on jump balls and he just doesn't. Now add in his immaturity and the drops. 12-18 is respectful but he can do better and we all know it, just needs to grow up and keep better focus. Catch the damn ball and Stop fighting!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the draft looks absolutely STACKED at WR, that seriously hurts any possibility of getting anything for metcalf.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on from Metcalf. He's in the middle of he pack at the wideout level, but he is a hothead and has not matured. He's going to continue to draw unnecessary penalties.
I would like to see what he does in this new offensive scheme.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget he was a LATE 2nd round pick (almost a 3rd rounder)... this wasn't some first rounder like JSN or something.. the fact some of you are happy to trade him for a late 1st let alone 2nd is baffling to me. He literally won us a couple games (end of game drives) this season when dumbass Carroll decided to pull his head out of his ass and target him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget he was a LATE 2nd round pick (almost a 3rd rounder)... this wasn't some first rounder like JSN or something.. the fact some of you are happy to trade him for a late 1st let alone 2nd is baffling to me. He literally won us a couple games (end of game drives) this season when dumbass Carroll decided to pull his head out of his ass and target him.
Even with Geno and a real (hopefully) offensive scheme, I think DK can be in that top 7 WR's.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Geno and a real (hopefully) offensive scheme, I think DK can be in that top 7 WR's.

Geno: "So Pete, what are we doing on this drive?"
Pete: "Soft zone."
Geno: "Uh, Pete, we're on offense."
Pete: "Oh.. uh... yah, just run up the middle and do out routes, and ignore DK when he's wide open."
Geno: ..............
Pete: "CLINT! Get over here! Now, on the NEXT play we're going to drop Reed into coverage on their tight end! This will get em!"
Clint: "And only rush one right?"
Pete: "HA! ONE!? We're rushing NONE! Everyone is dropping into coverage!"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno: "So Pete, what are we doing on this drive?"
Pete: "Soft zone."
Geno: "Uh, Pete, we're on offense."
Pete: "Oh.. uh... yah, just run up the middle and do out routes, and ignore DK when he's wide open."
Geno: ..............
Pete: "CLINT! Get over here! Now, on the NEXT play we're going to drop Reed into coverage on their tight end! This will get em!"
Clint: "And only rush one right?"
Pete: "HA! ONE!? We're rushing NONE! Everyone is dropping into coverage!"

Uhm Pete wasn't the one reading the defense and making the throws Shark. I have said it before and i will say it again. Geno DOES NOT READ defenses 90% of the time. He knows where he is going right after he calls the play and unless he has instant pressure he goes with that play covered or not. He would try to spread it around but he was constantly throwing into pressure when there were other players INCLUDING DK that were wide open.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have the same feelings but I do think he is top 10 at the moment but by looking at his play he seems to need a QB that dimes it into his hands more often than not in which his speed and size helps with that in creating separation. What I have been saying I feel the moment this man slows down as he ages he will fall off very quickly and if we could get a 1st (which I don't think we could) then we really need to look at that but if all we are getting is a packaged 2nd then yeah we might as well keep him until his tires starts to wear out at 29.

Also I know a lot of people talk about lockett about restructuring his deal and we are all thinking the same thing in that he is 31 and we want to get ahead of him falling off and let JSN move up to #2. However I do believe that Lockett brings way more pressure to defenses than Metcalf does. Metcalfs greatest weapon is his straight route running catching bombs downfield. Lockett isn't really great at anything but he is pretty good at a ton of things. His curl routes, slants, fades, his ability to improvise on broken plays makes him very versatile and effective. Lets not forget how he used to return punts.